Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by hofer36:
i think he has lost his job to garrett celek

Thinking the same thing.
i think we are just fine with celek as our starting tight end

WOULDN'T CHANCE EITHER.
hope you know i was joking,, it can not be that hard to get two new tight ends in here next year to back up vernon
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
i think he has lost his job to garrett celek

Thinking the same thing.
i think we are just fine with celek as our starting tight end

WOULDN'T CHANCE EITHER.
hope you know i was joking,, it can not be that hard to get two new tight ends in here next year to back up vernon

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Report: Vernon Davis "should be available" for Week 17

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/25/report-vernon-davis-should-be-available-for-week-17/

dont buy it for a second, not this early in the week. It was the same way with Justin this past week. In my book he isn't playing until he passes the test on game day.

Vern will play he ain't soft like some others.

hope he doesnt come back too soon -- the qb might get him killed next time

Lol, hofer is too much

VD didn't need to jump for that ball and expose himself

this
Lol, hofer is too much

He would have gotten wrecked either way. Just poor location and timing on that pass.
Originally posted by Squidp:
Lol, hofer is too much

He would have gotten wrecked either way. Just poor location and timing on that pass.

It's a pass to the sideline...any WR would not jump catch it with his stomach...most would catch and prepare for the hit or make some type move because they experience those situations more

I love VD but why does he continue to jump catch when he spends so much time on the jug ?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Squidp:

The location was perfect, the timing spot on. VD didn't need to do that cradle-leap thing that he always does. Every time he leaves his feet, he ends up paying for it.....it's happened more than once in his career. He has a habit of jumping to secure the ball. Having played receiver, I've learned this is a symptom of not being sure about yourself in catching the ball with two hands cleanly. Although he puts in a lot of time and effort during/after practice to improve his hands, he still displays bad habits when it comes to receiving the pass. As funny as it may seem I think Vernon simply THINKS too much while he's playing...
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
cc what really bothers me is the pistol we are running keeping 3 guys in the back field so often. Using a 4.4 Te as another lineman and to many two man routes. Not to mention Celek, dropalot Walker, Ginn really Ginn is your #3,a rookie that never plays. Moss has a flash now and then but is not the Moss that scared defenses of the past. Crabtree is the only every down threat and he is not that take to the house guy. Need to go back to I formation and Walker laying that wham block and Frank following the Fb, It was producing with Frank averaging almost 6 yards per carry he is now down to 4.8. This coincides with the change in offensive game plan going to the craptastic college pistol.
in otherwords a cute offense going back to last year these coaches tend to get cute and then roll out the shock and awe when it does not work
Exactly why not get Gore established and then play action as teams load the box. Gore IS the cog that makes it all go.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
Rest VD and get another linemen to sub him...he barely gets the ball...why be worry thank you JIM to use a 4.4 TE as a linemen..

Round down for your team, round up for everyone else. Duh!
cc what really bothers me is the pistol we are running keeping 3 guys in the back field so often. Using a 4.4 Te as another lineman and to many two man routes. Not to mention Celek, dropalot Walker, Ginn really Ginn is your #3,a rookie that never plays. Moss has a flash now and then but is not the Moss that scared defenses of the past. Crabtree is the only every down threat and he is not that take to the house guy. Need to go back to I formation and Walker laying that wham block and Frank following the Fb, It was producing with Frank averaging almost 6 yards per carry he is now down to 4.8. This coincides with the change in offensive game plan going to the craptastic college pistol.
in otherwords a cute offense going back to last year these coaches tend to get cute and then roll out the shock and awe when it does not work
Exactly why not get Gore established and then play action as teams load the box. Gore IS the cog that makes it all go.
Totally agree.

Harbaugh's post game appearances make me believe that he's not happy, and he's going to make some changes to the offensive game plan.
Rest VD and get another linemen to sub him...he barely gets the ball...why be worry thank you JIM to use a 4.4 TE as a linemen..

Buzz?
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Totally agree.

Harbaugh's post game appearances make me believe that he's not happy, and he's going to make some changes to the offensive game plan.

wishbone?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Round down for your team, round up for everyone else. Duh!

it's an in house discussion, so we're being honest.

when it's smack talk time, then it's 4.3
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Buzz?
huh? are you talking about me? I never had another new my nickname member again.. i am stay and same my nickname for since 2 years now..
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home