LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

List of stinkers laid by elite 49ers teams (SB or Conference Championship Game Appearance)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
You make this sound so bad. I am as real as you get and always tell it like it is but we are not as bad as what you make it out to be. We are just not consistent. We can not generate anything consistently on offence. It shows having a QB change and it is something he is going to have to fix. The time it gets to get the play in and snap the ball is embarressing. We are still a very big contender in the playoffs. We got outplayed in every phase of the game last night. That is going to happen. It happened to Walsh's teams and it will happen to Harbaugh's. Personally I am done with this cute s**t we do on offense. Lets run the ball and be a traditional WCO.
I agree, but seriously, we have injuries at the worst time.

Originally posted by 5280High:
Sounds like you're in denial about the team we have... And downward trend? Outclassing Brady in the house that Brady built is a trend downward? It may be raining outside but the forcast for this forum is fairweather.
Dude, Kap has a general downward trend since the first game against Chicago. The NE game being the exception.

So he's getting worse except for the time he got better and did something (4 TDs), Alex Smith has never done.
we're elite?
1990 San Francisco 49ers 10-0
Los Angeles Rams 3-7

Rams win 28-17
I just laid a stinker..
This team can't win 3 in a row. How you gonna win 4 in the playoffs?.....
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Denial is bliss isn't it. We are in trouble. No doubt about it. We have lots of injuries, and we have an inexperienced QB that continues on his downward trend.

I didnt know a downward trend involved winning a shootout with Tom Brady.
The bottom line is that we got beat in a playoff caliber game, beat badly.

the wishfull thinking line is that it wasnt a playoff game and we were already in the playoffs so the players didnt over exert themselves....
Originally posted by nickbradley:
11 for 23, 99 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs

- Steve Young's stat line from October 2, 1994

Ahh! Young sucks! Put in Elvis! Put in ELVIS!!!

Young can't be relied upon! Our 1994 Super Bowl dreams have just been CRUSHED!
Since we're not going into Seattle again this game really doesn't worry me.

If you think teams going to drop 42 on us in the playoffs you're on something else.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
11 for 23, 99 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs

- Steve Young's stat line from October 2, 1994

Ahh! Young sucks! Put in Elvis! Put in ELVIS!!!

Young can't be relied upon! Our 1994 Super Bowl dreams have just been CRUSHED!

The thing from that game, outside of Young wanting to fight George, that still sticks with me is Charlie Garner not even getting touched on just about every run. Take the first Lynch TD in sunday's game and multiple it by like 5. I was too young for the 49-3 Giant game in 1986, so this game is still the worst performance I have seen by a championship caliber Niners Team.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Dec 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM ]

Originally posted by BobS:
Please, there weren't any 1986-1987 games listed of the four the OP put up. The four games are on the list and the teams involved are what I was commenting on. Comparing the current team to the 80's and 90's teams are like comparing apples to oranges.

i didn't list them because they didn't make the conference championship game
This team aint winning Jack this year...........Possibly one play game & will be knocked out the next week

Last years team was way better then this year & after another dud by Kaepernick he just aint ready to lead this team this year to the Super Bowl

i didnt know we won the superbowl in 97...

learn something new everyday here on the zone!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by BobS:
Two of those games were pretty meaningless late season games and the other two were early season games, can't compare them very close to a late season game that blows a first round bye. Also maybe you youngsters can't remember but those Montana led teams seemed to just have a switch to flip for the play-offs, they had quite a few late season games they didn't look that good then turned into monsters the minute the play-offs hit. Hard to compare those teams that had prolific offenses to our mid pack offense we have now.
Please. I guess time has a way of glossing. In '86, they got plastered 49-3 in the playoffs. In '87, they entered the playoffs with the league's #1 offense AND #1 defense and got knocked off in the first round by the Vikings.

I still remember that game. And, yes, it still hurts like hell.
Or Joe Montana being outplayed and outclassed by Jim Everett on December 18, 1988?

Umm, you mean Cris Everett...right?
Share 49ersWebzone