There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we overrated???

Are we overrated???

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I disagree that being down 14-0 automatically means you have to give up on the run. In my mentality, that is where you go back strong to the run. Slow the game down, Rest the defense and allow them to regroup, and go back to what history has proven works. I also beleive it was a lack of run game that got us into that position to begin with. But that is besides the point.

IMO the vertical/pistol offense has been the worst f**king thing to happen to this team this season, and it was adopted with the emergence of Kaep, actually TBH they tried to implement it by forcing Kaep in there while AS was starter, IMO that was horrible and did more harm then good as well.. I understand you disagree. We will just have to agree to disagree on that point, since we are both running in circles with each other.


Looking at this game. We had the chance to get back in the game then had a field blocked and fell into a 21-0 hole. It's just the wrong game to talk about not running the ball.

We beat the Patriots in New England just last week. You think those 4 vertical touchdown passes had anything to do with that? It's way too early to judge how this plays out.
Considering all the Roman bashing, I wonder if anyone has thought that maybe Roman is struggling with the QB switch? He is not experienced enough in the NFL to know how to cope with creating game plans that work for a QB with so much differences than the original starter.
How many field goals have we had blocked this season? Is Brad Seely's job possibly at risk? Special teams have bitten us in the ass in several different games
anyone else notice how much Rogers has regressed? sure, he made a lot of picks last year but the hawks exploited him in so many ways tonight.
Seahawks want to beat us a lot more than we want to beat them. We needed this before the playoffs. Otherwise we wouldnt train as hard. We need to limit as many starters as possible in hopes of resting our starters. Fresh legs and a urge to prove something will be key.
I think our OC is overrated. I think Kaep is overrated (has the tools, but heralded as the next big thing waaay too soon). I think our OL is overrated. I think JH is somewhat overrated for where he stands as a coach... He's made some pretty bad decisions this year.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I think our OC is overrated. I think Kaep is overrated (has the tools, but heralded as the next big thing waaay too soon). I think our OL is overrated. I think JH is somewhat overrated for where he stands as a coach... He's made some pretty bad decisions this year.

Unfortunately this is true. The coaching staff has received way to much credit for what could simply be due to an extremely talented group of players. As seen last night, you WILL NOT be able to depend on that every game. Frank Gore with 6 rushes should be enough evidence to prove my point.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Dec 24, 2012 at 2:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I think our OC is overrated. I think Kaep is overrated (has the tools, but heralded as the next big thing waaay too soon). I think our OL is overrated. I think JH is somewhat overrated for where he stands as a coach... He's made some pretty bad decisions this year.

Unfortunately this is true. The coaching staff has received way to much credit for what could simply be due to an extremely talented group of players. As seen last night, you WILL NOT be able to depend on that every game. Frank Gore with 6 rushes should be enough evidence to prove my point.

~ Getting rid of our special teams aces to keep a bunch of guys who don't play.
~ Going with Kaep before he is ready.
~ Not running Gore enough when we know he's the best chance to win.
Originally posted by lordsilva25:
Seahawks want to beat us a lot more than we want to beat them. We needed this before the playoffs. Otherwise we wouldnt train as hard. We need to limit as many starters as possible in hopes of resting our starters. Fresh legs and a urge to prove something will be key.

agreed
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I think our OC is overrated. I think Kaep is overrated (has the tools, but heralded as the next big thing waaay too soon). I think our OL is overrated. I think JH is somewhat overrated for where he stands as a coach... He's made some pretty bad decisions this year.

Unfortunately this is true. The coaching staff has received way to much credit for what could simply be due to an extremely talented group of players. As seen last night, you WILL NOT be able to depend on that every game. Frank Gore with 6 rushes should be enough evidence to prove my point.

~ Getting rid of our special teams aces to keep a bunch of guys who don't play.
~ Going with Kaep before he is ready.
~ Not running Gore enough when we know he's the best chance to win.

And even if he isn't averaging 5 yards a carry, the chance that he can and might do so will make the offensive execution that much easier. But to not exercise that option a sufficient amount of times is very sketchy.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Dec 24, 2012 at 3:33 AM ]
We are good.

But on any given Sunday, there isn't a single aspect of our team that can under perform or be out coached ,except for maybe our punter.

Harbaugh is good, but his god like abilities have flaws and this is the NFL where the tape can prepare any team to beat any team on any Sunday.

Even P Willy had a bad game last night in both coverage and tackling.

The NFL is now about putting together a 3-4 game win streak together come playoff time. No team is that good where it can have an off day and not be beat.

I hope Harbaugh has 3-4 game plans of his life saved up for the playoffs.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
We are good.

But on any given Sunday, there isn't a single aspect of our team that can under perform or be out coached ,except for maybe our punter.

Harbaugh is good, but his god like abilities have flaws and this is the NFL where the tape can prepare any team to beat any team on any Sunday.

Even P Willy had a bad game last night in both coverage and tackling.

The NFL is now about putting together a 3-4 game win streak together come playoff time. No team is that good where it can have an off day and not be beat.

I hope Harbaugh has 3-4 game plans of his life saved up for the playoffs.


Great Post. Any Given Sunday.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
We are good.

But on any given Sunday, there isn't a single aspect of our team that can under perform or be out coached ,except for maybe our punter.

Harbaugh is good, but his god like abilities have flaws and this is the NFL where the tape can prepare any team to beat any team on any Sunday.

Even P Willy had a bad game last night in both coverage and tackling.

The NFL is now about putting together a 3-4 game win streak together come playoff time. No team is that good where it can have an off day and not be beat.

I hope Harbaugh has 3-4 game plans of his life saved up for the playoffs.


Great Post. Any Given Sunday.

Yes. All I'm saying is it better be any given Sunday for the next month.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by lordsilva25:
Seahawks want to beat us a lot more than we want to beat them. We needed this before the playoffs. Otherwise we wouldnt train as hard. We need to limit as many starters as possible in hopes of resting our starters. Fresh legs and a urge to prove something will be key.

agreed

^^THIS^^
If we're overrated, then every team in the NFL is overrated.