There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we overrated???

Are we overrated???

Coach Harbaugh saw it coming. I don't have the exact quote, but he said something about over coming a good win would be harder than over coming a bad loss......

I think they were still physically and emotionally drained from the week before.........

9ers are gonna go on a 5 game win streak and win it all !!!!
We are absolutly overrated.

It's almost as if, the entire coaching staff now thinks they don't have to game plan anymore now that Kap is the starter.
This team is too inconsistent lets say we go as a wild card will win the wild card win the division round n lose in the NFC tittle game

THE PATTERN WW -L

I swear half of this fanbase is the worst in sports, anytime anything bad happens its all nonstop "The sky is falling"! It's like a lot of you don't remember how our team was for a long time until Harbaugh showed up. Saying we are poorly coached, a week after out coaching Belicheck? Harbaugh 3-1 against Carrol in the NFL? You guys are pathetic.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
We are poorly coached

In some facets. I don't think the defense is poorly coached, I just think they are wearing down due to minimal depth. On Offense it is becoming clear that f**king Roman is clueless, no understanding of offensive flow, of utilizing Play A to setup Play B down the line, lack of flexibility to adjust to what is going on out on the field, all of these losses this year have been attributed to the defense coming out flat-footed and the offense unable to pick up the slack or turning over the ball. Heck in the Giants game the defense was doing decently but when you keep turning the ball over and giving it to Eli Manning deep on your side of the field...end well it will not.

If Harbaugh has balls, he'll move on from Roman and won't take as long to do it as his brother did with Cam Cameron.
I don't think so. So far my impression is we win the big games against big name teams,,, but then we turn around and start think hey we are all that no one can match us... so Our guys ease up, Doubt me if you like but all three phases tonight were soft overly soft. I think our guys have an ego thats not deserved quite yet. are we over rated no we are good. Do we keep level heads I think not and it kills us.
Originally posted by TDNiners:
No that's offensive line.

What did we learn about our wins and loses (ties) regardless of QB.

1) Opponents that does not have a Dline and a pass rusher - QB has all day to throw and our s**tty WRs can get open --- this is time and time again wrongly attributed to the QB.
2) No Dline we can run.
3) Opponents WITH DLINE - Rams, Seahwaks, Vikings, Giants - we struggle. Again this is always wrongly attributed to the QB
4) You can see that our WR can't get consistently open
5) People get too exited with Teams we deated with no defense - Bears (talking about overrated), Patriots

Again, Watch the Bears game again. Tell me if there is anybody within 10 yards when the Qb throws the ball. NOBODY was close. Harbaugh should be tweaking the OLINE.

If the OLINE goes so does the QB.

Totally agree. We struggle against teams that have legit defenses...not good offenses. Our Oline is grossly overrated because to the shock of many our running offense is actually quite average. We cannot dominate man v. man and we have horrible combo blocks. If you watch teams like Minn and Seattle they run great zone/combo blocking schemes and it fits their scheme...we are stuck in the middle right now with overrated Olineman that don't work together well at all.

We get zero push and with Gore running a 5.0 40 time these days we can't threaten the edges....our WR's are horrible as well. A true #1 WR would do wonders for our team...and Crabtree is not a true #1.
Originally posted by shawny:
I swear half of this fanbase is the worst in sports, anytime anything bad happens its all nonstop "The sky is falling"! It's like a lot of you don't remember how our team was for a long time until Harbaugh showed up. Saying we are poorly coached, a week after out coaching Belicheck? Harbaugh 3-1 against Carrol in the NFL? You guys are pathetic.

lol what are we supposed to do, put our hands up in the sky and shout "HOORAY we lost?" Welcome to fandom. It isn't about being rational.
Jeez...

Suck it up you pussies. We bounce back and move on, it's football. Freaking whambulance brigade I swear.
Originally posted by shawny:

Out coached BB?!?! LMAO!

BB almost engineered the greatest comeback of all time against us.

That's not "out coaching".

Tonight was an example of being out coached.
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Out coached BB?!?! LMAO!

BB almost engineered the greatest comeback of all time against us.

That's not "out coaching".

Tonight was an example of being out coached.

Flying 3000 miles across the country to play the number 1 offense in the NFL and winning by 10 points is out coaching.

Originally posted by ninermedic:
lol what are we supposed to do, put our hands up in the sky and shout "HOORAY we lost?" Welcome to fandom. It isn't about being rational.

How about saying, "Wow that sucked, we got our asses kicked today. This team always regroups though and doesn't hang onto defeats like this.I hope our injured players get healthy because we could sure use them IN THE PLAYOFFS, WHICH WE ARE IN, FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR"
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Inconsistency = overrated
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
1. Bad game plan we tried to quiet crowd by big play early, failed, gave up field position and led to increased crowd noise. Also seemed experimental, not sure why but I think they were trying to put CK in bad positions by completely abandoning the run 6 carries for Gore when he ran all over them 6 weeks ago, like they expecting to loss and were just self scouting Kaep. Sounds crazy maybe I'm over thinking.
2. Greenbay is playing for a 2 seed and Vikings for a birth in Minnasota works to our advantage
3. We need a NT and a more athletic backup for Justin Smith if Wilson is the QB for next 10 years.
4. Jenkins is a bust or a liability at this point, Manningham is a 3 and Moss is also a 3. Crabtree is a great number 2 or mediocre 1 see TJ Houshmanzada. We need a number 1
5. CK is being groomed not to run. He now hesitates and looks down field before he take off. The slight hesitation kills his big play run ability. He needs to improve on his speed in decision making.
Bring back Sing.
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Bring back Sing.

This guy is right. Our coaches are awful. 10(+)win seasons back to back. Possible first round byes back to back (or a great chance at being the #3 seed after being the #2 seed last year). Awful, PATHETIC, COACHES and all their wins and playoff appearances with a team without a winning record for a decade before they showed up! FIRE BALKEE HE DID THIS TO US! PARAAG NEXT!