LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Are we overrated???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we overrated???

Our coaches do not know how to plan games. They make the same mistakes. They think they have things going well after a win and then fail to properly prepare for the next game. What works for one game will not work for the next, we fail to adapt from week to week.
Already been asked. Just sayin'
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/167754-are-we-overrated
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Originally posted by shawny:
I swear half of this fanbase is the worst in sports, anytime anything bad happens its all nonstop "The sky is falling"! It's like a lot of you don't remember how our team was for a long time until Harbaugh showed up. Saying we are poorly coached, a week after out coaching Belicheck? Harbaugh 3-1 against Carrol in the NFL? You guys are pathetic.

Out coached BB?!?! LMAO!

BB almost engineered the greatest comeback of all time against us.

That's not "out coaching".

Tonight was an example of being out coached.

Good to know the greates comeback of all time was a loss LOL
Out coached BB?!?! LMAO!

Flying 3000 miles across the country to play the number 1 offense in the NFL and winning by 10 points is out coaching.

Originally posted by ninermedic:
lol what are we supposed to do, put our hands up in the sky and shout "HOORAY we lost?" Welcome to fandom. It isn't about being rational.

How about saying, "Wow that sucked, we got our asses kicked today. This team always regroups though and doesn't hang onto defeats like this.I hope our injured players get healthy because we could sure use them IN THE PLAYOFFS, WHICH WE ARE IN, FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR"

You mean out coached.
[ Edited by 4t9ers on Dec 23, 2012 at 9:43 PM ]
[ Edited by Godsleftsock on Dec 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM ]
Originally posted by bigwads:
For a season and a half I have been wondering why so many people are so worried about Greg Roman leaving for a head coaching gig...I'll tell you right now, our offense and Greg Roman are way overrated and have been for awhile. Our oline is way overrated and so is Frank Gore.

Thank you. People are so worried about Roman, he's terrible, his gamecalling is atrocious, I'm watching Shanahan's kid in Washington basically running circles around Roman in terms of playcalling ability. He lacks imagination, especially in the passing game.

Baalke torpedoed our entire team last year with his ridiculous draft. We have zero depth and key positions and key couldn't find a damn person with like 8 picks to even have as a backup.

No brah, this team was so deep that they could afford to have a 1st round be inactive virtually every game all season, picking a 3-4 DE, another OLB or a CB couldn't have possibly helped this team in the slightest.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Totally agree. We struggle against teams that have legit defenses...not good offenses. Our Oline is grossly overrated because to the shock of many our running offense is actually quite average. We cannot dominate man v. man and we have horrible combo blocks. If you watch teams like Minn and Seattle they run great zone/combo blocking schemes and it fits their scheme...we are stuck in the middle right now with overrated Olineman that don't work together well at all.
This.
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Our coaches do not know how to plan games. They make the same mistakes. They think they have things going well after a win and then fail to properly prepare for the next game. What works for one game will not work for the next, we fail to adapt from week to week.

And the thing is they seemed to do a lot better at this last year, or maybe it just seemed that way by the defense and special teams playing at a ridiculous level. The coaching staff has tremendous experience yet guys are coming out looking flat-footed for whatever reason. I just don't understand anymore, I do know that the offensive scheming has been pathetic. That simply can't go on, if Harbaugh sticks with Roman and continues to accept offensive mediocrity, then this team deserves to continue to struggle in spite of all the tremendous offensive talent they have.

And the thing is they seemed to do a lot better at this last year, or maybe it just seemed that way by the defense and special teams playing at a ridiculous level. The coaching staff has tremendous experience yet guys are coming out looking flat-footed for whatever reason. I just don't understand anymore, I do know that the offensive scheming has been pathetic. That simply can't go on, if Harbaugh sticks with Roman and continues to accept offensive mediocrity, then this team deserves to continue to struggle in spite of all the tremendous offensive talent they have.
I swear half of this fanbase is the worst in sports, anytime anything bad happens its all nonstop "The sky is falling"! It's like a lot of you don't remember how our team was for a long time until Harbaugh showed up. Saying we are poorly coached, a week after out coaching Belicheck? Harbaugh 3-1 against Carrol in the NFL? You guys are pathetic.

Out coached BB?!?! LMAO!

Poorly coached teams don't make the playoffs consecutively after missing them for 8 seasons. But if you'd like to bring back Mike Singletary,
start a thread for his return.

Out coached BB?!?! LMAO!

Flying 3000 miles across the country to play the number 1 offense in the NFL and winning by 10 points is out coaching.

Originally posted by ninermedic:
lol what are we supposed to do, put our hands up in the sky and shout "HOORAY we lost?" Welcome to fandom. It isn't about being rational.

How about saying, "Wow that sucked, we got our asses kicked today. This team always regroups though and doesn't hang onto defeats like this.I hope our injured players get healthy because we could sure use them IN THE PLAYOFFS, WHICH WE ARE IN, FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR"

I like mine better. If I was in the business of circumspection and perspective I wouldn't be wasting my time following sports.

agree. Poorly coached game. Rogers looked lost out there. Whitner playing man to man is laughable. Coaches didnt know when to blitz or spy. Ridiculous.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
No we are a Super Bowl contender and we are winning the division next week
Originally posted by TDNiners:
No that's offensive line.

What did we learn about our wins and loses (ties) regardless of QB.

1) Opponents that does not have a Dline and a pass rusher - QB has all day to throw and our s**tty WRs can get open --- this is time and time again wrongly attributed to the QB.
2) No Dline we can run.
3) Opponents WITH DLINE - Rams, Seahwaks, Vikings, Giants - we struggle. Again this is always wrongly attributed to the QB
4) You can see that our WR can't get consistently open
5) People get too exited with Teams we deated with no defense - Bears (talking about overrated), Patriots

Again, Watch the Bears game again. Tell me if there is anybody within 10 yards when the Qb throws the ball. NOBODY was close. Harbaugh should be tweaking the OLINE.

If the OLINE goes so does the QB.

Totally agree. We struggle against teams that have legit defenses...not good offenses. Our Oline is grossly overrated because to the shock of many our running offense is actually quite average. We cannot dominate man v. man and we have horrible combo blocks. If you watch teams like Minn and Seattle they run great zone/combo blocking schemes and it fits their scheme...we are stuck in the middle right now with overrated Olineman that don't work together well at all.

We get zero push and with Gore running a 5.0 40 time these days we can't threaten the edges....our WR's are horrible as well. A true #1 WR would do wonders for our team...and Crabtree is not a true #1.

I completely agree. I've been saying this all season. Especially when we win big and everybody was so excited.
There are underlying flaws to the OLine.

Not good pass blockers but not really dominating run blockers.

But of course, nobody wants to see this and talk about it. Its not just sexy enough. They rather talk about the QB.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

Out coached BB?!?! LMAO!

Poorly coached teams don't make the playoffs consecutively after missing them for 8 seasons. But if you'd like to bring back Mike Singletary,
start a thread for his return.

You're right. Losing by 10 is being out coached (BB), but losing by 29 is "just off day"?
Share 49ersWebzone