Not a member? Register Now!

Are we overrated???

Are we overrated???

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
season is over

one and done

mayans were right

Let's disband the team. Start over.
we dont need to work miracles on this final push...just need to execute on all 3 phases (done it for many games now)...we are good enough.

happy holidays to all I am honored to be a fan with all of you...
What I've noticed for awhile too is we need to lead early in games
I just heard that Carroll said that the Niners have the slowest offensive tempo in the league. Now who do we blame for that? Obviously its the coaching and the philosophy!!!
I've been following this forum for about 5-6 years and have never really felt compelled to actually create an account until tonight. All this negativity on the board is really misguided. People seem to forget that we had an exhausting win on the road against the pats and then had to travel to the loudest stadium in football. The team, especially the defense, looked and probably were gassed. I would have been ecstatic if the defense could have had a repeat performance of the first half of the pats game. We are really asking a lot of our defense. On top of it, we give seattle a short field to start off with and then put ourselves in a 21-0 hole. People complain about not giving Gore enough touches in this game, but how can you when you are playing catch-up from essentially the beginning of the game. It made our offense one-dimensional and made seattle's job on defense that much easier. The only thing scaring me is that injuries late in the season can really kill any potential to a playoff run.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
We are poorly coached

agreed
must be
Originally posted by 190836:
I just heard that Carroll said that the Niners have the slowest offensive tempo in the league. Now who do we blame for that? Obviously its the coaching and the philosophy!!!

it's slow because Kaepernick looks clueless on every snap. He had a couple more delay of game penalties today.
[ Edited by drakan on Dec 23, 2012 at 9:07 PM ]
Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by 190836:

it's slow because Kaepernick looks clueless on every snap. He had a couple more delay of game penalties today.
No, he meant the play calling and the offensive philosophy.
horrible offensive play calling is killing us.
Yes we are. This team is awful on special teams. Very overrated offense. Average without Justin Smith on defense.
Originally posted by drakan:
QB change midseason

this.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
No, just inconsistent.

That's coaching

No that's offensive line.

What did we learn about our wins and loses (ties) regardless of QB.

1) Opponents that does not have a Dline and a pass rusher - QB has all day to throw and our s**tty WRs can get open --- this is time and time again wrongly attributed to the QB.
2) No Dline we can run.
3) Opponents WITH DLINE - Rams, Seahwaks, Vikings, Giants - we struggle. Again this is always wrongly attributed to the QB
4) You can see that our WR can't get consistently open
5) People get too exited with Teams we deated with no defense - Bears (talking about overrated), Patriots

Again, Watch the Bears game again. Tell me if there is anybody within 10 yards when the Qb throws the ball. NOBODY was close. Harbaugh should be tweaking the OLINE.

If the OLINE goes so does the QB.
For a season and a half I have been wondering why so many people are so worried about Greg Roman leaving for a head coaching gig...I'll tell you right now, our offense and Greg Roman are way overrated and have been for awhile. Our oline is way overrated and so is Frank Gore. Baalke torpedoed our entire team last year with his ridiculous draft. We have zero depth and key positions and key couldn't find a damn person with like 8 picks to even have as a backup.
Originally posted by MILFS:
horrible offensive play calling is killing us.

How do you come to that conclusion? It's hard to fool a defense when you've become one-dimensional and have to throw the ball to get back into the game.