There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we overrated???

Are we overrated???

I am honestly concerned with the injuries. I am not sure if all can be attribute to JSmith's absence or the 90+ snaps defense played against the Pats the previous week, but the defense looked flat and tired; you have to also give credit to the opponent, the Seahags were ready and played hard from start to end.

All the talk about this being Kap's fault is absurb, AS would have not won this game or the previous.
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
I am honestly concerned with the injuries. I am not sure if all can be attribute to JSmith's absence or the 90+ snaps defense played against the Pats the previous week, but the defense looked flat and tired; you have to also give credit to the opponent, the Seahags were ready and played hard from start to end.

All the talk about this being Kap's fault is absurb, AS would have not won this game or the previous.

You mean 1INT and 1TD for 140 yrds is not better than 1INT and 1TD for 244yrds? Woops, my bad. At first I thought the lower numbers were better. Seems to be a lot of people are confused about that.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ballistic:
anyone else notice how much Rogers has regressed? sure, he made a lot of picks last year but the hawks exploited him in so many ways tonight.

I want him cut next year
Yes, and so was every other Niner team that lost games during the season, even the teams that won the Superbowl.

Completely overrated.
We are inconsistent, but we have also had a very tough schedule. The team are much better than last year, but the NFC West has improved a lot and we have not had some of the luck with turnovers like last season. Even so, at the beginning of the year I was projecting us to go 11-5 which is still what will probably happen (the tie is basically a loss). Although it sucks losing to the Seacocks and almost certainly missing out on the bye, the only real damage we suffered yesterday was with the injuries. At this stage of the season every team are banged up, but we have been a bit too unlucky perhaps.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I want him cut next year

Cornerback needs to be a priority in the draft, right behind 3-4 DE. Even if they keep Rogers, they need someone else and this year is a good year to snag a bigger, more physical type of cornerback.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Considering all the Roman bashing, I wonder if anyone has thought that maybe Roman is struggling with the QB switch? He is not experienced enough in the NFL to know how to cope with creating game plans that work for a QB with so much differences than the original starter.

That is part of the problem, if your offensive coordinator is having to "grow" into the job, you've got issues.
Cutting Rogers only saves about 100,000 dollars towards next years cap. Nobody was talking S*** about Rogers last week when he did an excellent job on Welker.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Cutting Rogers only saves about 100,000 dollars towards next years cap. Nobody was talking S*** about Rogers last week when he did an excellent job on Welker.

I don't agree with cutting Rogers, but they need another young CB to eventually start along with Culliver. If they can get someone like Desmond Trufant or Leon McFadden....they should do so.
Originally posted by 190836:
I just heard that Carroll said that the Niners have the slowest offensive tempo in the league. Now who do we blame for that? Obviously its the coaching and the philosophy!!!

Philosophy is to hold onto the ball and keep opposing offence off the field. This worked well for us in the past. The 9ers just looked tired on defense last night. The offense looked like they telegraphed the plays. Seattle's defense were in the right formations all night.
i just dont understand why it is so difficult to get a play called on time. getting sick of all the audibles at the line. too many burned timeouts and delay of game penalties. in a hostile enviroment get the play called, get to the line and run the damn play!
Originally posted by father49er:
Philosophy is to hold onto the ball and keep opposing offence off the field. This worked well for us in the past. The 9ers just looked tired on defense last night. The offense looked like they telegraphed the plays. Seattle's defense were in the right formations all night.

And so were the Rams......and so were the Dolphins for much of the game....and on and on. This refrain is getting pretty damn old right about now.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
We are good.

But on any given Sunday, there isn't a single aspect of our team that can under perform or be out coached ,except for maybe our punter.

Harbaugh is good, but his god like abilities have flaws and this is the NFL where the tape can prepare any team to beat any team on any Sunday.

Even P Willy had a bad game last night in both coverage and tackling.

The NFL is now about putting together a 3-4 game win streak together come playoff time. No team is that good where it can have an off day and not be beat.

I hope Harbaugh has 3-4 game plans of his life saved up for the playoffs.

this!!!!

got just enough of a chance as everyone else...yes the colin switch was too soon, but he was gonna be the starter of the future anyway...need to get back to what we do well...RUNNING THE BALL AND LONG POSSESIONS!!!!...even in the pistol (which works well for everyone but us!!! )...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gbniner:
i just dont understand why it is so difficult to get a play called on time. getting sick of all the audibles at the line. too many burned timeouts and delay of game penalties. in a hostile enviroment get the play called, get to the line and run the damn play!

this is a good post and while the players and coach "address" it,, they never say why its happening. this s**t should not be happening to a good football team at this time of the year,, and as we all know, last night was not the first time this has happened. This is when i start to lose faith in coaches when the same mistakes keep happening again and again and again
The sky is not falling...

New England and Seattle is a murderers row of road games in December... The two hardest places to play in the league.

We went 1-1 and beat NE... the first time in a decade that has happened in December at their place. That game was exhausting and it showed against Seattle. This team will be fine, they will take care of AZ and win the division. Seattle will come to SF and that will have a very different outcome than last nights game.