LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

time for alex to get his job back...kaep cant beat our division teams

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Not Kap's fault the defense played like crap, and gave up s**t ton yardage. Or Not Kap's fault Akers kick got blocked. Kap needs time to develop. He will be better than Alex Smith very soon.

This is my only problem. Kaep has all the talent in the world but IMO he is not ready yet to take over. Tonight he really looked lost and at times I seen Gore having to tell him what to do. I don't hate Kaep. but he still has a lot of work to do. Not only him but the offense as a whole. They are rebuilding at the most crucial point in the season after spending all off season and 8 weeks building for Alex.

I don't think we are a very good offensive team at the moment. The ability is there but it's going to take time. We should be hitting our stride not finding ourselves still.
Alex would not have won the game today. We got destroyed in every facet of the game. QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, DB. They all got pwned today. Alex is a steady player, but he's not Superman. The Kaep vs. Alex debate is over. Just drop it already.
I have to laugh at how fast the winds change on the Webzone. For a few weeks Kaep is gonna be elite. Now we need to go back to Alex. Like riding a roller coaster.

Harbaugh is extremely bright and perceptive. I think he knew long ago that this team wouldn't win the Lombardi with Smith at QB. I think he also knew we needed some other pieces which he will work on in the offseason. He made the switch when knew we were going to get in the playoffs with Kaep. This is just invaluable experience for him. He will know what hostile environments are like late in the season and the playoffs. The only way you can prepare for that is to go through it. It will show Kaep where the bar is and allow him to work toward developing himself in the offseason.

Last year we had an incredible momentum all year. This year it just isn't there, and it sure appears that the Seahawks have it now. The flow is just not strongly in our favor right now. It could come back, but right now it looks like Greenbay is on a role and Atlanta doesn't look like one and done to me...
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Alex can at least beat the other teams in our division's

Yeah, because Kaep gave up 42 points.... SMH!

Did Kap do anything to help the def rest??
need to run ball better...not this game cause we were down really early (3 pass plays on first drive though, C'mon Jim!!)

still think we are LEGIT...we are in the playoffs its anybodys year and that include us!!!!
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
maybe kaep should play defense a little better so he wouldnt have to throw all game long to catch up. this was a total team loss combined with s**tty officiating and dirty ass seahawks players knowing what they can get away with. they held and hit late all game long. we lost but i hope we see them again in the playoffs. f**k the seahawks

Maybe if the offense could stay on the field and give the defense a rest??

They scored on every possession in the first half except the kneel down. It had nothing to do with rest! We're they already tired on the first possession too?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
mods shouldn't this be locked under your rules
there is no way short of an injury alex is getting his job back
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Alex would not have won the game today. We got destroyed in every facet of the game. QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, DB. They all got pwned today. Alex is a steady player, but he's not Superman. The Kaep vs. Alex debate is over. Just drop it already.

Because Alex should be the starter?
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Alex can at least beat the other teams in our division's

Yeah, because Kaep gave up 42 points.... SMH!

Did Kap do anything to help the def rest??

They were up 14-0 in a blink of an eye before you can even use the excuse of the defense being tired. If the D gets tired because of one 3 and out, we have BIG problems! After that, the play calling was all pass. Makes it easy for the defense. Do you even know football?
[ Edited by Oregon49erfan on Dec 23, 2012 at 8:56 PM ]

The new gameplan to take advantage of his "superior arm" will put us in a hole. We are a running team that eats clock and gives the d rest.....we have shifted to a system that is killing the d.
WAKE UP Mods!!!!
Originally posted by barrymartin:
I have to laugh at how fast the winds change on the Webzone. For a few weeks Kaep is gonna be elite. Now we need to go back to Alex. Like riding a roller coaster.

Harbaugh is extremely bright and perceptive. I think he knew long ago that this team wouldn't win the Lombardi with Smith at QB. I think he also knew we needed some other pieces which he will work on in the offseason. He made the switch when knew we were going to get in the playoffs with Kaep. This is just invaluable experience for him. He will know what hostile environments are like late in the season and the playoffs. The only way you can prepare for that is to go through it. It will show Kaep where the bar is and allow him to work toward developing himself in the offseason.

Last year we had an incredible momentum all year. This year it just isn't there, and it sure appears that the Seahawks have it now. The flow is just not strongly in our favor right now. It could come back, but right now it looks like Greenbay is on a role and Atlanta doesn't look like one and done to me...

Then why the F*** didn't Kap startt he season?? And why did the savior Harbraugh feel that he needed to bring back smith in the first place if Kap is the end all be all??
Originally posted by Jakemall:
there is no way short of an injury alex is getting his job back

+1. IMO he did not deserve to lose his job in the first place. Kaep should have taken over next year, I did not agree with Coach's decision. Now we have to roll with it, no way will Harbaugh go back now, he is way too proud to do so, he will not lose face. His pride will either help lead us to victory or be the main cause of our fall.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
WAKE UP Mods!!!!

"My bubble is about to burst!!!!!"
Share 49ersWebzone