There are 208 users in the forums

did niners draft the wrong jenkins?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
They were thinking we were good enough to let our 1rst round draft pick pretty much redshirt his first year....

That turned out to be totally false. I just don't get it, its like in 2011, they had the Midas touch and EVERYTHING went well from drafting Aldon in the 1st to taking a DE in the 7th and turning him into a fullback. Free agent signing went well......and then this year........Jacobs, red-shirt Jenkins, the whole QB controversy...

I know...Some of the time I think Harbaugh and Baalke are freaking geniuses and then some time I'm left scratching my head..

It is my opinion that a 1rst round should contribute the first year regardless what position and depth you have. If you have so much depth at that one postion then don't waste a 1rst round on that same position......
Originally posted by hofer36:
he scored a td

on a gift.
Baalke drafted the wrong person with every pick...that was the most worthless draft in history. Seriously, how do you draft like 8 people and none of them even make the damn starting roster...forget lineup...just the starting roster. He could have drafted for DL depth/OL Depth or a DB of somekind...hell...even a kicker. Jenkins was a worse pick that Alex Smith at #1.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
I know...Some of the time I think Harbaugh and Baalke are freaking geniuses and then some time I'm left scratching my head..

It is my opinion that a 1rst round should contribute the first year regardless what position and depth you have. If you have so much depth at that one postion then don't waste a 1rst round on that same position......

You know what the most pathetic part is...we DON'T have WR depth. We just spent a 1st round draft pick on a guy that isn't as good as a punt returner only in Ginn, a slow possession receiver in Crabtree, an over the hill HOF in Moss and an undrafted player in Williams...this has to be one of the biggest busts in the history of the franchise.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Baalke drafted the wrong person with every pick...that was the most worthless draft in history. Seriously, how do you draft like 8 people and none of them even make the damn starting roster...forget lineup...just the starting roster. He could have drafted for DL depth/OL Depth or a DB of somekind...hell...even a kicker. Jenkins was a worse pick that Alex Smith at #1.

Starting roster? lol
did the 49er fan make a stupid thread?
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Dec 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:
he scored a td

on a gift.

no it was a bad pitch by a qurterback

which was the gift.

which was the gift.

i get your point but jenkins earned it going hard after the ball

I'm just going to go ahead and assume there's sarcasm here

Yes
To this point it looks like Baalke clearly whiffed on this years draft. James has been okay, but nothing spectacular, and Jenkins can't even break into the starting roster of the worst WR group in the league. He can't even spell a Randy Moss who's been reduced to just trotting around out there as a shell of his former self. If he is THAT talented, you'd think: (1) the team recognized it because it stood out; and (2), the team would find a way for him to get into the lineup.

The Niners drafted so desperately for speed I fear they jumped on a guy who is Tedd Ginn without the return skills.

To further compound the problems, he paid handsomely to keep these 4 LB's on our team long-term. Presumably because they are all extremely talented. However, when one DL leaves these guys all look ordinary. Hmmmm.............

How good would the JJ Watt pick be now?

Last...I hope Aldon Smith learns from these last 6 quarters that the free ride is over and he's going to have to step it up and be a leader and dominant force on this defense instead of Justin Smith's statistical beneficiary.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM ]
Starting roster? lol

Sorry...I mean the game day roster.
Originally posted by mikeyrocks:

I'm just going to go ahead and assume there's sarcasm here

Yes, laying it on pretty thick too.

Seriously, anyone on the webzone could have done a better job using McShays' board.
Baalke has done a great job since becoming GM but the best thing he did in the 2012 draft was acquire more picks for the 2013 draft. LMJ was Baalke best pick and he didn't play until after week 10. Jenkins,Looney,Robinson,Slowey(cut),Fleming and Cam Johnson have done absolutely nothing for the team this season. He left the defensive line and OLB positions absolutely paper thin.
Share 49ersWebzone