There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Packers run game has been better the last few games, giving them balance.
If there is a weakness to our defense, it's the secondary. Aaron Rodgers has all sorts of weapons to throw to. And our pass rush is weakened because of Justin Smith's injury. So, yeah, I can see a rape developing.

If we have to lose, I'm glad we're losing to the Packers. Great QB, great fans, wonderful organization. Class all the way, top to bottom.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Valrod33:
against MIN
Harris had 47 yards 17 car
Grant 7 yards 7 car

that aint s**t
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Aaron is a stud no doubt, but look at the season and you will see the Niners play especially well against teams with "elite" qb's. Don't get me wrong, I am nervous as hell especially living 30 min south of GB and working with a building full of packer fans, but if both teams play the way they are capable the Niners win. Just far and away far more well rounded team.

The Packers fortunes rest 100% on Aaron's shoulders. He has a good game they have a chance of winning, he doesn't and they have no chance of winning. QB and WR is GB's strengths and the one is worthless without the other. The D is soft, the run game is soft, the special teams are average.

Niners have flaws no doubt, just far fewer imo, and not enough for Aaron to make up the slack between our D's/rb's/st's.

I think the Niners win 31-28 in a game that isn't as close as the score indicates.

Here's to a safe and injury free game. Will we see a FG? Lol I am not sure either of our teams will make one if we try
No denying that across the board, the Niners have the better personnel when taking all into consideration.

The one true sentiment is though, that our skill players on offense can quickly turn a game on it's head regardless of clock control. The eight point differential didn't tell the story in the 1st game, because, based on the play of the game, it felt like we were blown out.

Teams with a better talent level than ours fall to us, simply because two stunning quarters and we can put up 35 and put the game far out of reach. I have said for a while, the first 20 minutes will set the town for the rest of the game. If Rodgers and co struggle to move the ball, and he eats turf often and drives stall due to dumb penalties, holding, false starts from the noise etc. I will have no faith that we can win the game. If however, we get the ball rolling early, I feel it will be a case of "Uh oh, they pissed him off."
The one X factor is Rodgers playing in SF imo. We all know the story. We all know where Rodgers would be playing if he had things his way some years ago, and we all know he plays with a chip when facing the Niners. That scares me more than any other aspect to this game. He does have the ability to be absolutely on it dominant.

He has to be to win this game imo.
Originally posted by WINiner:
The one X factor is Rodgers playing in SF imo. We all know the story. We all know where Rodgers would be playing if he had things his way some years ago, and we all know he plays with a chip when facing the Niners. That scares me more than any other aspect to this game. He does have the ability to be absolutely on it dominant.

He has to be to win this game imo.

Lol. I just thought of something, Imagine if Akers and Crosby both take about 3 turns missing FG's in OT and time expires - then both of them are capitally punished.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Why have I never seen this before?!

And omg, the guy s**tting his pants at 0:07
[ Edited by Byisgod on Jan 10, 2013 at 8:08 AM ]
The list of unknown variables is to long, as is the list of playoff games from seasons past where things didn't go quite as anyone expected. Any given sunday.....or in this case Saturday.
against MIN
Grant 7 yards 7 car

that aint s**t

The Packer running game is so bad that 2 yards per carry is considered 'better'.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Byisgod:

you been under a rock

[ Edited by 9erfan4life on Jan 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Byisgod:

That s**t is hella old son! U slackin
Why?

They are a tough bunch to figure out.

Maybe because in the Seahawks game and the 2nd half of the Pats game a lot of points were scored against us when Justin wasn't in te game.

These clones are all bandwagoneers. After we beat the Packers - they'll be on our's.
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
"The other 52 players on the 49ers are better than the 52 non-startiing QBs on the Packers, and Kaepernick is no slouch. He's actually got a better QBR this season than Rodgers. I don't get it"

Simply, not true. The majority, yes, as individuals BUT, there are so many variables. As the fellow up there said, momentum, missing pieces, having off days etc.

And the shtick about Kaepernick's rating is a non factor. Elite QB's have done it for years, not an eight game stretch. Rodgers is the career leader in QBR. Kaepernick doesn't even qualify yet.

I agree with Elite QB fetishism though :- I have to listen to our QB get slobbered over even though we have glaring issues elsewhere. The one thing I will say though, is that when our QB is in sync with 5 viable targets on almost every play, even elite defenses cannot do jack. It doesn't happen too often these days though :-)

Too many sheeple get caught up in the hype of wanting a 300+ yard passer with a rifle for an arm (see Jamarcus Russell and Vince Young). Team first people, whether it's a Rat-tat-tat-tay back there or a Steve Young. I'm pretty sick of this whole Alex vs Kaep stuff. I think if our team doesn't focus on chewing up the clock then Rodgers has the advantage in a shoot out.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I find it comical that their model claims the Pats only have a 58% chance of winning. Wish I could get some action at anywhere near those odds.
Originally posted by Valrod33:
against MIN
Grant 7 yards 7 car

that aint s**t

they still ran it 31 times and threw it 33 times. Thats pretty good balance

does schlerth and hodge always pick against the 49ers? lol
[ Edited by TlSSER on Jan 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM ]