There are 263 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Nuff' Said

Willis in BEAST mode!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Nuff' Said

Willis in BEAST mode!

That is badass.
P Willis was on NFL Network a day ago, giving guarded answers, general media speak re: a plethora of questions/issues such as the defense the past two out of three games, Colin Kaepernick being quiet, but respected and a playmaker and missing Smith. Good stuff.

If I was a 49er fan though, I feel it would be natural to worry about the experience of Kaep. 8 games. Sure, 10td's, 3 int's in that time and has sat for a year learning but...

It would still worry me, regardless of the talent level. I don't know what it is, I mean, I know Kaepernick is a talented dude. He's got some scary skill BUT it still would worry me that a QB is playing in his first very high stake game.

Honest question, do you guys worry about Colin K for the upcoming game? It will never happen (suicide for you guys if it does) - but would you prefer Alex in this scenario?
Nuff' Said

Jermichael Finley said he is finesse... Wow
LMAO Finley is the worst s**t talker in the world. And not worth $8,000,000 a frigging season.

Pay no mind to him, we don't.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
respectfulpacker, your going down Saturday and your going down hard. Seriously, good luck and may the best team win.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by scipiobronze:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
A couple of receivers not named Michael Crabtree. It's pretty evident by now that Crabtree is the go to guy and I'm sure that the Packers are going to cover him like a blanket and Kaepernick will have to beat them some other way.

Unfortunately without an effective Justin Smith, the 49er's will have a tough time with Aaron Rodgers. Jean La Phew (whatever his name is) is not going to be very effective in the playoffs. He needs more time to develop.

The defense as a whole needs to step up.

I think there is a lot of media hype pumping up GB and Aaron Rodgers. IMHO, GB is not a terribly good football team this year, especially away from Lambeau field. They are 4-4 away from Lambeau and 4-5 against winning teams. Their offense collapses when faced with a physical team that can rush the passer like NYG or Seattle.

Aaron Rodgers can pick you apart, but not if he is running for his life the whole game. GB's O-Line is porous and has actually gotten worse since the beginning of the year, lots of discontinuity there. A-Rod is the 2nd most sacked QB in the NFL for a reason, he holds on to the ball too long as he tries to make something happen. He won't throw the ball away when under pressure b/c they have no other way to gain short yardage, their running game is a joke.

Even teams w/o a great pass rush have been able to sack A-Rod b/c most of his sacks do not come from the initial pass rush, they come later in the play when A-Rod is scrambling to buy time. You do not need Justin Smith's double-hold move to get to this guy. All you need are a pair of DEs/OLBs with high motors who will not give up the pursuit. Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks should be enough as long as they are relentless.

I don't understand why some people are so worried. A-Rod is only a magician against teams that let him take his sweet time carving up the secondary. This is the best possible scenario for SF, getting a team you match up well with at home after a bye. As long as SF is really physical on both sides of the ball and does not turn the ball over, they should be able to wear GB down and run the ball down their throats in the second half.

Isn't Byan Baluaga out? That would seem to me to make Ahmad Brooks the not-so-obvious X-Factor on defense. Here's hoping he can disrupt Rodgers.

His replacement is better than he was.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddd!
Originally posted by mayo49:
respectfulpacker, your going down Saturday and your going down hard. Seriously, good luck and may the best team win.

Lol! Good luck too but imma jaw with yall all in the name of good natured fun:-)

This ain't week one, it's the divisional round, and you prodded the sleeping giant. You will be facing statistically, the best quarterback who has ever played the game. A quarterback who can beat you in so many ways. You witnessed Montana and Young, and after the pack drop the 49ers like Marquez did Pacman our Quarterback, you know, the one you passed up on in 2005 to take your current backup number 1 overall, will be well on his way to affirming that by the time he is done, he will be the best quarterback to have ever played the game, period :P
Originally posted by WINiner:
His replacement is better than he was.

Barclay? More physical but prone to way more mistakes. He isn't better. We'd love to have Bulaga back. He is more consistent if you are measuring performance over a stretch of games.

Originally posted by Valrod33:
Originally posted by dobophile:
I like our chances, but you should never count your chickens especially when going up against Brett Favre.

Agreed. Remember now, Brett Favre personally trained Aaron Rodgers.
Rodgers now knows all the ins and outs of candlestick park. I expect him to have a huge game. Such a classy move by Favre. You dont see Young or Montana helping out our QBs
Lol Brett was an ass to Aaron. Viewed him as a threat the moment he was drafted. The 1st day of practices stated "it's not my job to mentor this kid, he can get mentored by watching"
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:

Lol! Good luck too but imma jaw with yall all in the name of good natured fun:-)

This ain't week one, it's the divisional round, and you prodded the sleeping giant. You will be facing statistically, the best quarterback who has ever played the game. A quarterback who can beat you in so many ways. You witnessed Montana and Young, and after the pack drop the 49ers like Marquez did Pacman our Quarterback, you know, the one you passed up on in 2005 to take your current backup number 1 overall, will be well on his way to affirming that by the time he is done, he will be the best quarterback to have ever played the game, period :P

Your quarterback is scary good, no doubt. But, our QB has mad skills, too. It's just a matter of who makes the less mistakes. Should be a good one to watch.
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:

Aaron is a stud no doubt, but look at the season and you will see the Niners play especially well against teams with "elite" qb's. Don't get me wrong, I am nervous as hell especially living 30 min south of GB and working with a building full of packer fans, but if both teams play the way they are capable the Niners win. Just far and away far more well rounded team.

The Packers fortunes rest 100% on Aaron's shoulders. He has a good game they have a chance of winning, he doesn't and they have no chance of winning. QB and WR is GB's strengths and the one is worthless without the other. The D is soft, the run game is soft, the special teams are average.

Niners have flaws no doubt, just far fewer imo, and not enough for Aaron to make up the slack between our D's/rb's/st's.

I think the Niners win 31-28 in a game that isn't as close as the score indicates.

Here's to a safe and injury free game. Will we see a FG? Lol I am not sure either of our teams will make one if we try
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
awe little Aaron Rodgers in his Jerry Rice jersey on sports center
Nuff' Said

full speed going at each other: full speed marshawn lynch vs full speed patrick willis

who wins??
[ Edited by TlSSER on Jan 10, 2013 at 7:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone