There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by maltz88:
You should try like we do in Seattle and yell......very loud......a lot.

People pointing to the stadium design, and the "piped in noise" just makes things get louder there.

It's always been the same in Seattle, but Seahawk fans have taken it to another level since 05'.

Look back at the Kingdome, Husky Stadium, or Key Arena, regardless of sport, or venue, Seattle teams have always had a huge home field/court advantage.

Seattle's soccer team, the Sounders, are pretty much the same crowd as hawks fans and are extremely loud as well. They have the same colors and everything.

As a kid growing up in WA, I will say that there is no way the Kingdome was loud for the Hawks... so I would disagree on that point.
[ Edited by mattster03 on Jan 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM ]
So the teams we may play in the divisional round are: Packers, Redskins, or Seahawks. We won't play the Vikings unless we play them in the NFC Championship.

Here's what I think the probabilities are for the possible opponents:

Packers - 70% (Packers beat the Vikings)
Seahawks - 20% (Vikings beat the Packers and the Seahawks beat the Redskins)
Redskins - 10% (Vikings beat the Packers and the Redskins beat the Seahawks)

IMO, the Redskins would be the easiest team, but as the game's at home, the Seahawks don't really scare me either.
Atmosphere will be intense just like last season.
only team that really scares me, given the home/away scenario, is the packers. When Rogers is on fire, he's unstoppable and it seems he's been on fire as of late.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
only team that really scares me, given the home/away scenario, is the packers. When Rogers is on fire, he's unstoppable and it seems he's been on fire as of late.

We'll most likely play them too.

Oh well, i ain't scurred!
We got to come out firing like we did vs the patriots from now on, Only this time we have to lay off zone and play nickel and dime the whole game to prevent any sort of ''comeback''
Hello, I'm new in the forum and I'm not allowed to post yet that's why I'm posting here, hope is not against the rules.

I'm from México and on 1/12/13 will go to the game (first time ever)

I would love to be tailgating before the game but since will go by myself I'd like to know if its possible to join someone's tailgate party (obviously bringing some beer or tequila!!). Perhaps my question is silly but will be my first time going to a football game.

Another question, I'll stay at Americas Best Value Inn SOMA and have seen bus 79X goes to the game, is that bus my best choice??

Thanks in advence for your help
Can't be scared of anyone now. It is time to man up. If they want this thing they gotta go out and get it. The bright side of this weekends games is that by Saturday we might know who we are playing. If the Packers win it is them and Harbaugh and company can get to work on game planning. If the Vikings win you start to break down the Redskins or Seagirls.
I'm more worried about the Seahawks than I am the Packers. The Niners can run and pass on the Packers and the Niners defense has already shown that it can neutralize Rodgers at least to some extent.
Originally posted by juankzas:
Hello, I'm new in the forum and I'm not allowed to post yet that's why I'm posting here, hope is not against the rules.

I'm from México and on 1/12/13 will go to the game (first time ever)

I would love to be tailgating before the game but since will go by myself I'd like to know if its possible to join someone's tailgate party (obviously bringing some beer or tequila!!). Perhaps my question is silly but will be my first time going to a football game.

Another question, I'll stay at Americas Best Value Inn SOMA and have seen bus 79X goes to the game, is that bus my best choice??

Thanks in advence for your help

check the Parking Lot forum after this weekend. I'm sure there will be a thread regarding the tailgate for the game. Everyone's welcome to join.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Atmosphere will be intense just like last season.

I hope you're right man. This year feels different for some reason, but I hope the playoff atmosphere is exactly how it was against the Saints.
the only thing scurring me right now is our kickers.

check the Parking Lot forum after this weekend. I'm sure there will be a thread regarding the tailgate for the game. Everyone's welcome to join.
Thank you, I will
Originally posted by mattster03:
Seattle's soccer team, the Sounders, are pretty much the same crowd as hawks fans and are extremely loud as well. They have the same colors and everything.

As a kid growing up in WA, I will say that there is no way the Kingdome was loud for the Hawks... so I would disagree on that point.

Then you didn't go to a lot of Seahawk games in the Kingdome. It was louder than Qwest/Century Link Field by a fair amount.

The Kingdome was the reason they created the "crowd noise" rule in the 80's.

Here are a couple of accounts: http://articles.latimes.com/1985-11-01/sports/sp-903_1_crowd-noise
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19990912&slug=2982754

Ok 49er fans. I'm done......didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Originally posted by juankzas:

Thank you, I will

the thread's already up.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/169880-49ers-packers-seahawks-redskins-tailgate-thread/search=tailgate