There are 290 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i also hope we win big so it will not boil down to our num nuts kicker or kickers.... now you guys have gotten on me and of course i deserve it but i would like to think most can agree with me on that front
Originally posted by cciowa:
i also hope we win big so it will not boil down to our num nuts kicker or kickers.... now you guys have gotten on me and of course i deserve it but i would like to think most can agree with me on that front

Hey guys, I've been following the forum for years and finally decided to register and start posting. I have been a fan since 1980. Currently live about 10 minutes from the Redskins training facility in Ashburn, VA but grew up in Napa, CA.

Okay, on to the matter at hand. I don't know about you guys but I cannot stop thinking about how I felt in the seconds, minutes and hours after we lost to the Giants. During that game, especially in OT my heart was racing....hard to breathe I was so nervous. And then it all came crashing down and I had to watch the giants run down our field celebrating and going nuts.....

Now combine that with all of the painful memories of packers playoff losses (most of them with very questionable calls by the way) and there is SO MUCH riding on this game.

I could say that we are going to win because we are more talented than the packers (we are by the way), or that the reason we are going to win is because Vic Fangio with two weeks of prep will have a better gameplan than McCarthy (he will). Maybe because we are at home, got extra rest from the bye week? No, that's not why. We are going to win because the core of this team feels the same way I do. They remember that feeling last year and that will drive them. Talent, gameplan and a team motivated.....this one could get out of hand very early.

49ers 38, Packers 17
the only field goal kicker worse then akers?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/kicking/sort/fieldGoalPct/seasontype/2
Go 49ers!

GO NINERS!!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erSooner:

GO NINERS!!!!
i have always liked those colors even if they are not the 80's cherry red. in the 70's it was gold and yellow
Originally posted by cciowa:
i state my opinion and i flame no poster. if i bring them down that is not my problem. i also have a habit of coming back and always admitting when i am wrong. what rules have i broken here? i am sorry if i am hurting other peoples feelings. its my opinion . i want to be optimistic but the way this team has played overall in the last month does not allow me to do that

I didn't say you broke rules. If you did, then we'd be having this conversation via pm. Speaking as a fan and not a moderator, nobody wants to hear incessant complaining. I'm sure even you can find something to be positive about.

Some people find the negative in everything, some people find the positive. One viewpoint is healthy, one is not. IMHO.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by WashDCNinerFan:
Hey guys, I've been following the forum for years and finally decided to register and start posting. I have been a fan since 1980. Currently live about 10 minutes from the Redskins training facility in Ashburn, VA but grew up in Napa, CA.

Okay, on to the matter at hand. I don't know about you guys but I cannot stop thinking about how I felt in the seconds, minutes and hours after we lost to the Giants. During that game, especially in OT my heart was racing....hard to breathe I was so nervous. And then it all came crashing down and I had to watch the giants run down our field celebrating and going nuts.....

Now combine that with all of the painful memories of packers playoff losses (most of them with very questionable calls by the way) and there is SO MUCH riding on this game.

I could say that we are going to win because we are more talented than the packers (we are by the way), or that the reason we are going to win is because Vic Fangio with two weeks of prep will have a better gameplan than McCarthy (he will). Maybe because we are at home, got extra rest from the bye week? No, that's not why. We are going to win because the core of this team feels the same way I do. They remember that feeling last year and that will drive them. Talent, gameplan and a team motivated.....this one could get out of hand very early.

49ers 38, Packers 17
Right on brother post more often.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I didn't say you broke rules. If you did, then we'd be having this conversation via pm. Speaking as a fan and not a moderator, nobody wants to hear incessant complaining. I'm sure even you can find something to be positive about.

Some people find the negative in everything, some people find the positive. One viewpoint is healthy, one is not. IMHO.
i also think you can be a fan and still be able to point out what you feel are legit concerns without having to worry about someone calling you a troll or a non fan. the last time i checked, this was a forum where opinions are to be stated, no one ever said they have to skew one way or another. i have posted some positive things as well or some things i hope and expect the team to do well in on saturday
I like our chances, but you should never count your chickens especially when going up against Brett Favre.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

gO, nINERS, Go!
Faep for KAep!
Originally posted by dobophile:
I like our chances, but you should never count your chickens especially when going up against Brett Favre.