There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
A lot of faithful in this thread.

tru dat.

go 49ers go
Originally posted by cciowa:
you will not need luck in this game because your team is playing good football, our team plays two quarters then stumbles around like the keystone cops. we have crabs but then nothing after that in terms of wide outs. moss is nice but is 35, no third wide out, tight ends suck right now and you guys actually find a way to use that little former used car salesman running back. 38-28 packers and then you win the super bowl cuz you will host seattle and whip their ass. the super bowl winner is not coming out of the afc this year

Are you a troll? You're calling the 49ers to give up 38 points AT HOME in the PLAYOFFS? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Oh man, I needed that laugh today, thanks!
Akers & Cundiff
Originally posted by Eugene88:
you will not need luck in this game because your team is playing good football, our team plays two quarters then stumbles around like the keystone cops. we have crabs but then nothing after that in terms of wide outs. moss is nice but is 35, no third wide out, tight ends suck right now and you guys actually find a way to use that little former used car salesman running back. 38-28 packers and then you win the super bowl cuz you will host seattle and whip their ass. the super bowl winner is not coming out of the afc this year

Are you a troll? You're calling the 49ers to give up 38 points AT HOME in the PLAYOFFS? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Oh man, I needed that laugh today, thanks!

Next time you call a poster here a troll, you are not going to be laughing.
Ill go with Staley on O. For the obvious reason. C. Mathews. Also, earlier this year, and alot last year, the Pack liked to bring Woodson from the same side, and it was very effective. If our ground game cant get going or if they get out ahead early, I could see them moving Hawk over to VD and letting Woodson blitz/cover as he sees fit. This could be a big problem.

Unlike most in the world, I see GB trying to run more than you would think. Their running game isnt great, or even good. But they stick with it and do it enough to keep you honest. If thats the case, interior line is going to need to do well to keep things open for Bowman. (I think Willis will spend alot of time on Finely). Keep them in 3 and longs all day, create enough pressure to make AR dump it off, and make tackles.

I dont think they double Crabs. They put T. Williams on him, Shields on Moss, leave the safetys back and use everyone else in the run game until they either commit 8 in the box or CK starts burning them and they need the extra help on the backside.

My big question going into to this game is the read option. GB struggled against it against the great Joe Webb (granted, they didnt game plan for him), but if CK can get a few big runs early to Mathews side of the field, it really could slow him down and force the Pack to put a spy on CK.

So in short, Ill go with Staley and Bowman. And as a third, either D Walker or Gore as blockers helping on Staleys side of the ball.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Justin Smith and Colin Kaepernick

Co-sign
dashon and dante gotta set the tone on defense against and lay fools out, like romo said make it a take out game. greg jennings bring out the stretcher, randall cobb bring out the stretcher!
I don't see the loss of Justin Smith or Smith playing at less than full strength as a reason for the Niners to lose this game. The Packers are not a good running team. It's not like they're going to be able to pound the ball over the left side all game. And as far as pass rush goes, Fangio has had a couple of weeks to develop new ways to account for Justin Smith's condition. Just the other day, Fangio said he will not pull a "Shanahan" on Justin Smith (of course, he didn't really put it that way). If Smith is not cutting it or in danger of further injury, Fangio will take him out.
Originally posted by verb1der:
The best game plan you can think of is to start Alex Smith? lol

Funny, but I"m thinking about advantages and Smith did beat them once. Just from a schematic point of view
So, your prediction is that a defense which allowed two touchdowns, one coming in garbage time on their field, will allow 38 points on its home field and after 2 weeks to prepare. Hoookay.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by Joecool:
When was the last time a team was this outmatched on the OL and DL (on paper) and ended up winning...on the road?

I'm about to go to the pinned thread and rewatch the GB game.

Its replaying on NFLN Thursday night.

Just rewatched the offensive plays only (18 minutes).

Wow! GB's coverage sucked! Nearly every 5-12 yard throw was open by a yard or two. Saturday, their entire coverage will depend on the pressure they get. The read option will definitely freeze the rusher. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see some QB draws or Kaep keeps it after his first progression. GB lives and dies by the pressure they get.
When was the last time a team was this outmatched on the OL and DL (on paper) and ended up winning...on the road?

This. GB is nowhere near as good as the Niners in the trenches. We simply matchup great with the Packers and are playing at home. The biggest thing to me is the bye week. The stars aligned for the Niners to get the bye and they needed it badly. We are going to see a ferocious defensive effort from the Niners.
Originally posted by Yunchang:

This. GB is nowhere near as good as the Niners in the trenches. We simply matchup great with the Packers and are playing at home. The biggest thing to me is the bye week. The stars aligned for the Niners to get the bye and they needed it badly. We are going to see a ferocious defensive effort from the Niners.

I just now remembered an answer to my own question but that team was at home. When we beat the Cowboys in 94.

We have the better chance to win this but there are two x-factors that can change the outcome of this game: turnovers and Aaron Rodgers.
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Its replaying on NFLN Thursday night.

Just rewatched the offensive plays only (18 minutes).

Wow! GB's coverage sucked! Nearly every 5-12 yard throw was open by a yard or two. Saturday, their entire coverage will depend on the pressure they get. The read option will definitely freeze the rusher. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see some QB draws or Kaep keeps it after his first progression. GB lives and dies by the pressure they get.

I truly believe this will be a bigger part of our game plan on Saturday. Unleash Kaep's legs = more rushing = keeps Gire fresh = more TOP =keep Rodgers off the field. Kaep has a good sense of the pocket, but I think we're going to see some designed QB draws off the edges to keep their LBs honest. Getting to the edge is how you beat this Packers D.

The thing I worry about most with this is that Kaep better hold onto the rock!
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM ]
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by verb1der:
The best game plan you can think of is to start Alex Smith? lol

Funny, but I"m thinking about advantages and Smith did beat them once. Just from a schematic point of view

Usually when you play an opponent once in the season, and then again in the playoffs the result is never the same (Giants last year for example)... but I think with Kaep starting (compared to Alex in week one), it leaves the Packers more planning than it does for us.

Either way, Harbaugh has been scouting/getting our guys ready for this game since last Wed. (he followed his 'wise' ole' gut and knew the Pack were gonna advance).