There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by 5280High:
LMJ and Walker, they are gonna double VD and crabs, and try to stop gore... If these guys can make plays that continue drives and get points on the bored it will make the difference.

I can pretty much guarantee Crabtree will not be doubled. Vernon Davis is a much bigger threat to the Packers.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Why is nobody talking about our oline? These guys when rested take over football games. When they are clicking they are once in a decade type of line at running the ball. If you ask me this game was decided when the niners got the bye. They can't stop gore without loading the box. We know what kap does to defenses when that happens!

He'll yeah the biggest part of the game is an afterthought to most when they hear the mighty self-loving Rodgers is on the field it should be great. And I think bj Rajis aggressive style will bite him in the ass this game
the reason why we do not talk about the o line because the suck in pass protection. i am sure mathews will school the over rated staley and ck will be a more tatooed version of joe webb due to the packers defense
We have to use same formula that we used against Pats. Start fast and with a lot of energy, Pressure the QB, tackle hard and all it moves, and we are going to be just fine.

The energy must not drop after 2 quarters....

Our running game and defense are key in this game!!

Go Niners!!
Originally posted by greentothecore:
Greetings 9er fans. First of all just want to say that this Packer fan has nothing but the utmost respect for your team and your coaches. Very few teams in history have come so far so fast. There can be no dispute that the four best teams in the NFC will all be representing this weekend. I can't remember divisions match-ups every being as good as we got going on here in 2013. I don't know about ya'll but I am bleepin excited. Anyway, I am predicting a great game and probably a close game. I have no idea who is going to win and neither do you. You may think I am crazy but I am somewhat glad to be on the road (See: Green Bay vs Atlanta 1/15/11 or Green Bay vs Chicago 1/23/11). I just hope it comes off clean and untainted (See: Jerry Rice Fumble 1998 Wildcard) and the best team rolls on.

Anyway I hope I am welcome here I might like to drop in again. I mean it's all about fun, isn't it? So good luck to you all. And if you don't believe in luck then you need to watch more football.

Of course you're welcome... if you can help make the time go faster until the game!

I can't help but wonder if this game comes down to a long FG as time expires, in a 1 point game.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
What do you guys think would be the Offensive game plan going in?

Im setting all baises aside on this one. I've been a advocate Keap man waaaay before he got the nod so know I'm really scheming on this one. I think starting Alex this game if only for the first half would trick up all game planning the Packers have done. If he can run away with were in the NFCCG if this is not effective We go with our guy FRESH late in the game to bring home the victory. As much as I don't want to see AS back out there, I think the strategy could pull off the win.

Don't think so.
The best game plan you can think of is to start Alex Smith? lol
It might trick the Packers for maybe one series.... so no

Packers have been playing better defense as of late. That means we need to stick to what brought us here, and that's FRANK GORE!!!
Didn't look up Vernon's stats against the pack. But I know he has dominated them in the past. Get Vernon going and everything opens up. Also I think p. Willie needs to have have a quintessential side line to side line all over the field type of game and out perform clay matthews
Kaep and Goldson
If J. Smith plays and is effective then the 49ers have a chance. If not, then it will be an easy win for the Pack. It's amazing how bad the defense plays without Cowboy (the Cardinals game was essentially a pre-season game). Baalke better do whatever it takes to find his successor this offseason. Everyone will be looking at the QBs but my eyes will be on #94.
I think one thing all 49ers and Packers fan agree on is that this matchup can go either way if either team gets their strengths going.

The biggest thing we can all agree on is to hope that this game is a well-officiated game and there are no injuries.

Please o please hope the refs are on their"A" game Saturday.
GIRE and Justin SMITH
Not sure about 2 players, but certainly Kap needs to have a great game and the D needs to stay fresh when GB goes no huddle. I suspect there will be a lot of rotation, so JSmith's health won't be a big factor.
IMO Rogers and Vernon
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Why is nobody talking about our oline? These guys when rested take over football games. When they are clicking they are once in a decade type of line at running the ball. If you ask me this game was decided when the niners got the bye. They can't stop gore without loading the box. We know what kap does to defenses when that happens!

He'll yeah the biggest part of the game is an afterthought to most when they hear the mighty self-loving Rodgers is on the field it should be great. And I think bj Rajis aggressive style will bite him in the ass this game
the reason why we do not talk about the o line because the suck in pass protection. i am sure mathews will school the over rated staley and ck will be a more tatooed version of joe webb due to the packers defense
Wow CC...look at your last two posts man. Somebody needs to buy you a beer. Its going to be ok buddy.