There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by pdizo916:
that phag ass heath evans guarantees the packers to beat the niners.

What a clown statement, bro!

he said that?which NFL Network segment?
Originally posted by leebert81:
I don't see how anyone in their right mind thinks it would be a blow out in either direction. I expect a very close game that could go either way. To me, it all depends on which 49er team shows up. Having Smith injured is a big blow to our line. The only way I see us beating the Pack is to put pressure on Rogers all day and establish a consistent run game. We must keep Rogers off the field.
Exactly. Blowout chances are very slim. Both of our teams were blown out in the regular season (us against the Giants) and one thing I think is mutual between our coaching units is "learning from errors, because you trust the personnel".

Smith is your pivot, the holding piece, but individually I feel like the defensive talent on the 49ers is so high that, through adjustments and creativity, you can compensate for the loss, even a little.

You have the right idea about pressure, but it has to be pressure with a purpose and what I call "Clutch pressure" – one thing I have learned over 5 years of watching our QB is, sometimes pressure gets you so close, but the closer you get the farther you are from a positive outcome because he'll pull a rabbit out and slap a defence with a 6 point strike. The pressure has to checkmate us in a way where we have no answer, even via escapability which usually pays massive dividends and leaves ESPN/FOX/CBS commentary teams waiting in line to give Rodgers a verbal blowjob.
I'm not worried about the Packers at all. They think they have the formula because they stopped a run first qb who hasnt touched the field since God knows when. This guy couldn't have hit the side of the Great Wall of China. The Packers looked spectacular on defense against the unprepared and unequipped Vikings. Easy to look that way against them in the predicament. Even then it wasn't even a blow out !!! I tell you what the Packers looked honest . They had Woodson literally standing in the middle of the field, and various players just spying Webb. Boy did they expose themselves right there. Had Webb had some accuracy, some of those passes would have gone for big gains and possibly TD's. Kaepernick will keep them honest and will shred these guys because his passes wont miss.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
I'm not worried about the Packers at all. They think they have the formula because they stopped a run first qb who hasnt touched the field since God knows when. This guy couldn't have hit the side of the Great Wall of China. The Packers looked spectacular on defense against the unprepared and unequipped Vikings. Easy to look that way against them in the predicament. Even then it wasn't even a blow out !!! I tell you what the Packers looked honest . They had Woodson literally standing in the middle of the field, and various players just spying Webb. Boy did they expose themselves right there. Had Webb had some accuracy, some of those passes would have gone for big gains and possibly TD's. Kaepernick will keep them honest and will shred these guys because his passes wont miss.

"They think they have the formula" - Do you honestly believe that Capers et al think Webb and Kaepernick are similar? Really? You think that Dom Capers, defensive coordinator, has drawn a conclusion that Joe Webb and Colin Kaepernick are similar? Because they both run fast?

If so, fire Capers.

And "blow-out" doesn't have to be reflected in the score. We went into a shell after the game was felt to be over. Had their offense put up 7 earlier we would have expanded the playbook. That game was well under control. We do this often. It's a criticism - we never step on the throat. Even against the Titans we tried our hardest NOT to run up the score (they gave up).
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000122587/How-will-the-Packers-handle-the-49ers
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:

"They think they have the formula" - Do you honestly believe that Capers et al think Webb and Kaepernick are similar? Really? You think that Dom Capers, defensive coordinator, has drawn a conclusion that Joe Webb and Colin Kaepernick are similar? Because they both run fast?

If so, fire Capers.

And "blow-out" doesn't have to be reflected in the score. We went into a shell after the game was felt to be over. Had their offense put up 7 earlier we would have expanded the playbook. That game was well under control. We do this often. It's a criticism - we never step on the throat. Even against the Titans we tried our hardest NOT to run up the score (they gave up).

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Dom-Capers-reveals-game-plan-for-beating-Minnesota/2fde0d60-f1ab-4c6f-8fcb-612512598a7d

read up. Guess ur boys need to fire him.
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Dom-Capers-reveals-game-plan-for-beating-Minnesota/2fde0d60-f1ab-4c6f-8fcb-612512598a7d

I read that article as soon as it was posted. Kaepernick is in no way, ChristianPonder. Too many variables. Kyle Rudolph isn't Vernon.

I can say a lot of bad about Capers, but one thing is constant - it's the preparation for the individual. Case in point? Wildcard game against Vick. What is the variable? where he rolls out to as a lefty.

Truth is, no one knows the complete gameplan bar Capers and his coaches. Trusting it, is another issue altogether. I am just saying, I know from watching every game, his adjustments are due to the individual, not the "type" of player. I.e. mobile quarterback, speed backs etc.

I read that article as soon as it was posted. Kaepernick is in no way, ChristianPonder. Too many variables. Kyle Rudolph isn't Vernon.

I can say a lot of bad about Capers, but one thing is constant - it's the preparation for the individual. Case in point? Wildcard game against Vick. What is the variable? where he rolls out to as a lefty.

Truth is, no one knows the complete gameplan bar Capers and his coaches. Trusting it, is another issue altogether. I am just saying, I know from watching every game, his adjustments are due to the individual, not the "type" of player. I.e. mobile quarterback, speed backs etc.
How do the niners adjust to the packers? f**k that. How do these guys match up with us?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
GB has lost this year @Sea, @IND, @NYG, @Minn.

Their only home loss was to us.

In other words, they lose road games to teams that are similar to us. Hmm...

And they always win at home, to everybody but us. Hmm...

The reprecussions of that game in Seattle that GB should have won.......
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How do the niners adjust to the packers? f**k that. How do these guys match up with us?

Everyone is sucking the packers balls right now thats why. Most aren't even giving us a chance.
I think alot of this game will fall on our DL. With or without J Smith, can we contain/pressure/sack Rodgers? Leaving him back there with time will pick our defense apart.
Oh Man...I HATE the Packers! They used to own us during the brett Favre era...Im looking forward to some ass--kicking by our team on saturday night!!!! Go NINERS
Agree with the folks calling the blow out prognosticators crazy. This game will be decided by who wants it more. Talent wise we match up really well. Great players all over the field at a myriad of different positions. Not the same positions per say...but both sides have real blue chippers all over. This game should come down to the wire and be as hard fought as any game anyone has played this year. The only way this thing isnt close is if one of the squads comes out flat and gets down early. I highly doubt its going to be a game you can get back into if you choke and go down by 14 before the end of the first.
Why is nobody talking about our oline? These guys when rested take over football games. When they are clicking they are once in a decade type of line at running the ball. If you ask me this game was decided when the niners got the bye. They can't stop gore without loading the box. We know what kap does to defenses when that happens!