There are 206 users in the forums

Gore or Watters?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Gore or Watters?

I think it should be gore vs. craig.
I say Gore. Waters could be intimidated. The Cowboys used to lay the wood to his azz and he'd start to play soft and fumble!
Watters. HoF numbers. look at the dam tape and stop judging the guy by his personality. He was just dam phenomenal on the field. Geez.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Frank Gore, and no contest.

Better RB
Better blocker
Better teammate
Better person

Frank Gore has NEVER had an average ypc under 4.2 on some of the worst offensives in NFL history.

He is one of the best 49ers EVER.
[ Edited by Chief on Dec 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM ]
Versatility. The screen is not even in our playbook because of Gore's hands of stone. The runs that Gore couldn't finish, Watters would have.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Versatility. The screen is not even in our playbook because of Gore's hands of stone. The runs that Gore couldn't finish, Watters would have.

Complete b******t from lack of knowledge.

In Franks early years being the only weapon on the worst offense in the NFL he was frequently over 50 catches and 400 yards if I am not mistaken. On top of that, I am pretty sure he lead the league in all purpose yards a couple times??

If we had Frank Gore in his prime on the same team as Watters he would of been a HOF player. The only reason he is not, is because he has been cursed.

looked up some stats..

Watters career YPC 4.1
Longest run 57 yards

Gore career YPC 4.6
Longest run 80 yards
[ Edited by Chief on Dec 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:

Complete b******t from lack of knowledge.

In Franks early years being the only weapon on the worst offense in the NFL he was frequently over 50 catches and 400 yards if I am not mistaken. On top of that, I am pretty sure he lead the league in all purpose yards a couple times??

If we had Frank Gore in his prime on the same team as Watters he would of been a HOF player. The only reason he is not, is because he has been cursed.

looked up some stats..

Watters career YPC 4.1
Longest run 57 yards

Gore career YPC 4.6
Longest run 80 yards
Last year under 150 yards receiving this year around 200. Earlier years his numbers were up with our lack in receiving corps. Watters got his numbers with phenomenal receivers on his squad. Gores numbers dropped because hes no longer a threat or in that gameplan when it comes to receiving. Just a fact let it go. Plenty of times we saw Gore just run out of gas and do that little dive instead of running thru the guy, Watters would have plowed the guy. Watters carried the ball way more times per season than Gore and that explains ur HUGE .5 ypc margin. As for longest run i'll conter that with the longest catch which Watters has for 65 yards to Gore's 48 yarder, and Watters had over 700 yards on one of the best offenses, and was over 400 yards close to it or more for more than just Gore's four seasons on a crappy offensive team !!!! So What ! Love both players but dont get all personal wit this "lack of knowledge " nonsense. Opinions are opinions.
RICKY WATTERS EZZZZILY! The 49ers didn't Repeat in 1995 because for whatever Reason, they didn't re-sign Ricky Watters and Boom there went the running game. So then Jerry R in Steve Y still had an amazing year, but we depended too much on the pass and if you remember in the 1995 Playoffs, the Packers played in their nickel & dime defense THE WHOLE GAME!!! Because they knew we had no threat of a running game!! The passing Lanes weren't there when Jerry & JJ & Brent Jones were going up against 6 & 7 DBS while LEROY Butler was playing near the Line Of Scrimmage, and just a 3 man line was pushing the pocket on Steve Young. Anyway, watters was just as good or better then Gore as a RUNNER and Watters is a WAYYYYYY Better reciever than GORE! Gimmie WATTERS 7 Days a week over GORE
Gore will catch a pass over the middle and take a hit. Watters absolutely would not. Remember this quote about Watters going across the middle??

"For who?? For what?" -- Ricky Watters
I remember Watters catching a DEEEEP Pass in the Super Bowl and Bouncing off Charger Safeties and then OUTRUNNING THEM on his way to 3 Super Bowl TD's

saying gore has stone hands is retarded. we dont throw to him much anymore because we have receivers now but in his first 5 or 6 years when there was no one on the team he led the team in receptions a couple times and caught a ton of passes. ricky was great but we didnt miss the repeat just because of him. we still had 1500 rushing yards as a team the next year, it was down from when ricky was there but that wasnt the main reason we lost. we lost because that douchebag FB fumbled on our first play and it was returned for a TD then favre torched us. we were down 21 nothing. and we didnt have deion sanders in 95 to shut people down like in 94. AND those motherf**kers had brett favre, that son of a b***h owns the niners. watters was great but theres no way hes better than gore. gore has everything you want in a RB and the intangibles like leadership, heart and determination. Niners RBs in order in my opinion are Gore, Craig, Hearst then Watters. waters was good but most people on here just refer to the superbowl game when he went off. in the rest of his time here he was good but not great, his yards went up consistently after he left the niners. and its highlighted by the fact that after watters we had a dry spell at RB until we got Hearst. watters is nothing compared to frank.
Craig
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
saying gore has stone hands is retarded. we dont throw to him much anymore because we have receivers now but in his first 5 or 6 years when there was no one on the team he led the team in receptions a couple times and caught a ton of passes. ricky was great but we didnt miss the repeat just because of him. we still had 1500 rushing yards as a team the next year, it was down from when ricky was there but that wasnt the main reason we lost. we lost because that douchebag FB fumbled on our first play and it was returned for a TD then favre torched us. we were down 21 nothing. and we didnt have deion sanders in 95 to shut people down like in 94. AND those motherf**kers had brett favre, that son of a b***h owns the niners. watters was great but theres no way hes better than gore. gore has everything you want in a RB and the intangibles like leadership, heart and determination. Niners RBs in order in my opinion are Gore, Craig, Hearst then Watters. waters was good but most people on here just refer to the superbowl game when he went off. in the rest of his time here he was good but not great, his yards went up consistently after he left the niners. and its highlighted by the fact that after watters we had a dry spell at RB until we got Hearst. watters is nothing compared to frank.

saying that Watters is NOTHING compared to Frank is retarded. Putting Hearst who had under 40 tds in his career, ahead of Watters is retarded. Yeah Favre owned the 49ers when Steve Young was injured in 1996 and while Rice and Hearst were hurt in 97. We sent em packin in 1998 so that Favre owning us stuff is retarded. the hands of stone thing may be extreme but I've seen Gore drop alot of simple screens that could have went for big gains. Won't disrespect Craig but i'm sticking with Watters.
Ok no more "retarded" name calling. Warnings will follow.
Well, considering Gore is the best RB the 49ers have ever had and Watters isn't even the 2nd best...obviously Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone