There are 253 users in the forums

NFC West Champs! 2nd seed!! (End of Reg Season)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Frank Gore works 60% of the time, all the time on run plays.
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Dec 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM ]
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Frank Gore works 60% of the time, all the time on run plays.

• Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
SF, GB, and MINN all have something to play for. The only wildcard here is AZ. Who knows where their heads are. Didn't they just blow out a decent team? I could be totally wrong about that I don't remember. AZ could ruin everything. That is why we need to put them away early and fast.

They beat the Lions pretty good. I know this because I started Lions D in fantasy (picked them up for one week bc I figured it would be a good matchup)...and they got me jack s**t! But yeah, I never sleep on a divisional opponent.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Right now Frank isn't even a part time running back, his effectiveness has been limited to the inexperience at QB. It has nothing to do with LMJ's inexperience, period.

I wasn't speaking to playcalling, but his current physical abilities. Anyone who thinks he can carry the team the way he used to is dreaming. He's looked more fresh at times because Hunter was used so effectively to spell him, without Hunter, things look somewhat iffy.
Goodnight all, Go Niners!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Sure, perhaps at the beginning of the game. But anyone who pays close attention to Gore, knows he wears down as the game goes on. He runs extremely hard, but you can clearly see him calling to be subbed after a hard run. What happens when he does that? They put in LMJ or Dixon. Do defenses fear LMJ or Dixon out the backfield? No.

Anyone who thinks Gore is an every down back at this point is in denial. The fact is, 49ers can no longer rely on a ground and pound run scheme since we lost Hunter. I don't understand why no one can see this. It's clearly obvious.

So how do they make for it? They use the pistol/Q. Because the formation still allows versatile run/pass scheme that keeps a defense honest. Is it perfect? No. But has it worked against top tier teams. Yes.

Coaches are working with what they have, and all those complaining that "we should go back to what we did before" is completely ignoring the fact that 49ers do not have the same RBs that were the catalysts for those formations.

Ted Robinson said it best "People have no idea how crucial it was to lose Kendall Hunter."

Yes, the statistics clearly support that.

First Half: 129 attempts for 584 yards. 4.5 average with 2 touchdowns and 29 first downs.

Second Half: 99 attempts for 539 yards. 5.4 average with 5 touchdowns and 32 first downs.

Obviously less effective as the game goes on.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Goodnight all, Go Niners!

Damn, we pwned the Bears in every way on that play.
Only 13 pages on a Friday? NE and SEA were probably in the 60+ range around this time. I guess NT is confident we win the division (and we SHOULD). All I'm worried about is will there be more injuries in this final game before the playoffs? And if MIN can upset GB to get them into the playoffs and give us #2 seed...please please please win Vikings!
Go Niners....."Beat the Birds"

Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Iupati looked like he was ready to run Urlacher out to the sidelines.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Iupati looked like he was ready to run Urlacher out to the sidelines.

I think that is Tukuafu, the DL slash fullback on Urlacher.
Sucks that they moved the start time of the Vikings game to 1pm Pacific. We will be on scoreboard watch.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Sucks that they moved the start time of the Vikings game to 1pm Pacific. We will be on scoreboard watch.

I know!

I thought it would be settled by the time our game rolls along.

Now we have t monitor GB vs. Minn and in a worst case scenario, Rams vs. SEA.
Who cares about Minnesota. The 9ers need to stomp Arizona and get their mojo back. Particularly on defense.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone