There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners morphing into offensive team

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
offensive numbers are the same

No. they're not.
I think we will keep building both sides of the ball. lasts years draft was mostly D this years was O. We need to be strong on both sides.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Well yes it helps to finally have a QB with a full skill set to build around.

...wow.

Its so weird to see you be all positive and stuff in regards to a 49er QB....

....maybe the world IS about to and....

lol yah I have been more positive lately. I think I have changed my view sports lately Im just enjoying the consistent winning I dont really even care who the QB is anymore. I have trust in our coaches they will play the better player regardless of situation.

...wow.

lol yah I have been more positive lately. I think I have changed my view sports lately Im just enjoying the consistent winning I dont really even care who the QB is anymore. I have trust in our coaches they will play the better player regardless of situation.

Is it me or is the QB controversy less of a controversy at this point?
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

...wow.

after Kap's performance in NE it aint a controversy no more.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

...wow.

after Kap's performance in NE it aint a controversy no more.

There isn't a ceiling anymore
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
offensive numbers are the same

Yes but prior to introducing Kaep we played the Bills and the Jets which really screwed the stats favourably.

I think the teams in the latter half of the season have been tougher teams.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Yes...they need to protect better. I'd submit tho that this line from a talent perspective is better than ANY line that Bradys ever had. I think Staley is better than freakin' Nate Solder!! They just need to work it out. I don;t think it's a personel issue, but that's just my opinion.

As for Center, I think Kilgore will replace Goodwin in the next few years.
I read some where that Kaepernick has the highest QBR in the 4th quarter. So maybe he does have some Brady like traits.

Also Harbaugh has said that you have to win two out of three to win games. Offense, Defense and Special teams, so I think that Kaepernick allows them to compete with High power Offensive teams like New England, Saints, Packers.

I Just hope we do not go ultra conservative against Seattle, they have two young corners that they need to attack.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Yes but prior to introducing Kaep we played the Bills and the Jets which really screwed the stats favourably.

I think the teams in the latter half of the season have been tougher teams.

Yep. looking at Smith's 8 full games, the BUF matchup accounted for 51% of our offensive production (in expected points added).

Under Smith, Offensive production was wildly volatile.

Looking at Kap's 5 starts (the first STL game is excluded), there are no such outliers
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Thats funny.

I had the exact opposite reaction when Davis went in. He played well, but I was scared he was gonna get Kaep killed when he went in. He's just a fraction of his former self. He's SLOW off the ball.

When they play Davis outside the guard in jumbo formations he gets beat badly, but when at Guard he gives me a lot less stress.
What's remarkable is that the defense has been more consistent under Kaepernick too!
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I wonder if my perception of this is correct. What does everyone else think?

Comparing Kaep and Alex, the offense is now more explosive. Longer pass plays. Shorter drives that end in a TD. However, when passing the ball on first or second down, we either go 15 yards for a first, or it is second/third and ten. With Alex you would have a higher chance to be second and 5. The reason why this matters, is it is harder to call a running play on second and ten (and never on third and 10). So you run a little bit less, because the down and distance is less favorable.

So in the end, under Alex Smith, you had a more effective running game, and longer time consuming drives that would keep the defense well rested. Often they would stall out before you reached the end zone, but scoring points usually wasn't that much of an issue for the offense. With Kaep, the points come in bunches. You score quickly or you have a three and out. The running game keeps the defense honest, but you are more app to either have 3 straight runs and 3 straight passes, than run pass run.

In the end, both ways have been effective, and fast scoring has the potential to consistently put up 30 points a game.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
What's remarkable is that the defense has been more consistent under Kaepernick too!

now only if he could make Akers better.
Originally posted by jonr422000:
I think we will keep building both sides of the ball. lasts years draft was mostly D this years was O. We need to be strong on both sides.

The last part of your post is the truth. If jim can take anythig from his brother, it should be not to try and change what got you where you are. The D needs to be a focal point forever. please lets not put our qb in the driver seat. All i can say to back that up is brees, flacco, big ben. we do not want this "transformation"
now only if he could make Akers better.

Well, he does by getting him off the field!