LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Niners morphing into offensive team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can see the potential there in spurts, but it has yet to be sustained over an entire game let alone a few games. I'm looking forward to CK having an offseason to work with the full complement of offensive talent on this team. When he develops the same chemistry with Vernon Davis that he has with Michael Crabtree, this offense will be deadly.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by vaden:
I've been wanting us to do that all along. It's never made sense to me to prioritize defense and the running game when the rules are so slanted toward the passing game. We've seen how even our D can be eviscerated by the elite passers. I don't see Harbaugh changing much, though. Even when he had Luck, he ran it a ton. Our OL is built for the run and very weak in pass protection. Kaep isn't even allowed to throw as much as Alex was (24 attempts a game vs. Alex's 26 a game - in total we've passed less than 30 other teams despite having Pro Bowl level QB play).

We've been in the lead for 99% of the minutes Kaep has been starting games. I'm sure if you look at the first half of games, Kaep is probably being allowed to throw a lot more.

Actually the opposite. Alex was allowed to throw a lot more in the 1st half. Excluding the first Rams game, 60.3% of Alex's passes came in the 1st half (126 of 209). Excluding overtime, Kaep has thrown 52.7% of his passes in the 1st half (78 of 148). Alex threw 46.5% of his passes when ahead, vs. 53.5% for Kaep, but to do an exact comparison you have to calculate the amount of time we've been in the lead. Ultimately I doubt you'll find a significant difference. It has nothing to do with the QBs we have and everything to do with Harbaugh's conservative philosophy.

I meant relative to himself. Kaep is probably throwing the ball more in the first half then he is in the second half. We are always in the lead, therefore we run more in the second half; but this is a guess. Edit: Not a guess, he is 52% you say. OK that is only slightly more, interesting.
As for being in the lead, I don't think I need to look this one up, because I have kept a mental note of the fact that we have always been in the lead (or tied), except for a few minutes in the Saints game.

BTW, where do you go to find those stats?

espn profiles
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
our D is the star. Offense is supporting cast.

THIS!!
O is definetly improving/changing they are becoming more efficient. I can't think of the last time, at a huge point in the game where we scored in two plays like the Crabtree td against the pats. (Not thinking too hard )

Granted James made a play but I can't remember the offense bouncing back like that after what would have been such an emotional letdown from the brady comeback.
i cant wait til they can get crabs gore and VD all producing at the same time. thats gonna be scary. gore and crabs are doin work and kaeps tryin to get the big man involved lately so hopefully they come out and demolish these a*****es tomorrow with the big 3
O is very much the same minus read option. Which is a fad. Look at the stats.

Both QBs are 50% on passes that travel more than 20 yards with 3 TDs and 1 pick. Same amount of completions too.

It's all in the hype. Would take experience at this point.
Very offensive this evening!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i cant wait til they can get crabs gore and VD all producing at the same time. thats gonna be scary. gore and crabs are doin work and kaeps tryin to get the big man involved lately so hopefully they come out and demolish these a*****es tomorrow with the big 3

That is Greg Roman's responsibility and he is failing miserably at it.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

This.
That cant get the play in on time 50% of the snaps

Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

This.

Too true
For the luv of god can we PLEASE scrap the jumbo package deep shot to moss play. It attracts 3 defenders every time and just seems like a wasted down.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
For the luv of god can we PLEASE scrap the jumbo package deep shot to moss play. It attracts 3 defenders every time and just seems like a wasted down.

Roman needs to go. I have no faith in him whatsoever. Almost 2 seasons in the books and this offense looks like a total mess, like he took Jimmy Raye's playbook, tore out all the TE passing plays and combined it with some gimmicky college offense. I don't know what to call it, but I know it's not working except against teams with utterly pathetic passrushes.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
That cant get the play in on time 50% of the snaps

At times I had 2010 flashbacks!
Share 49ersWebzone