LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 363 users in the forums

Best performance we've had this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Best performance we've had this season?

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by 49amane:
Rex wanted us he got us(loved it), Bears game showed us our possible future, Saints wanted revenge(they didnt get it), Green Bay was probably the best overall(people thought they would beat us last year, good game from players and KICKER), NE- obviously they were hot and we smacked em up in their house. so
i feel like everytime we face a team that is hot we beat em! so if we learned anything from history we shall beat the seahawks

this happened last year as well
Originally posted by vrabbit:
sorry to say this is simply another Alex v Kap thread

Thinly disguised.

I will wait for the day Alex is off the roster then MAYBE this will stop. Even then it may return any time Kaep has a sub-par performance.
[ Edited by ayetee on Dec 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM ]
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by 49amane:
Rex wanted us he got us(loved it), Bears game showed us our possible future, Saints wanted revenge(they didnt get it), Green Bay was probably the best overall(people thought they would beat us last year, good game from players and KICKER), NE- obviously they were hot and we smacked em up in their house. so
i feel like everytime we face a team that is hot we beat em! so if we learned anything from history we shall beat the seahawks

this happened last year as well
Hardly ever happened since 2005, not until Jim Harbaugh came on board.

lmao you're a mod...no one has mentioned Alex Smith in this thread so far but you out of all people decide to point it out

I am a staff writer, not a mod.

Originally posted by ayetee:

Thinly disguised.

I will wait for the day Alex is off the roster then MAYBE this will stop. Even then it may return if Kaep has a sub-par performance.

At least some can see through the BS. It may not have been on purpose, but this is Alex (vs Bills) vs Kap (vs Patriots).

At least some can see through the BS. It may not have been on purpose, but this is Alex (vs Bills) vs Kap (vs Patriots).

Youve got to be kidding? Reading through the replies, the arguements I saw were is it more important to obliterate a terrible team (Jets, Bills) or to defeat a powerhouse on the road (Saints, Pats) Didnt see any referance to the qb's at all. Dont really care who was behind center for any of those games. Never said one word or another about our qbs, dont need to get into that. Why must everything turn into a thread about them? If the OP wanted to start a controversy, wouldnt they have just picked two games out instead of putting all of our wins on the poll? BTW, I vote for Chicago. Doesnt matter who was at qb, was a big win on the road against a team that we all thought was going to the playoffs at the time.

lmao you're a mod...no one has mentioned Alex Smith in this thread so far but you out of all people decide to point it out

Originally posted by ayetee:

Thinly disguised.

I will wait for the day Alex is off the roster then MAYBE this will stop. Even then it may return if Kaep has a sub-par performance.

you're just sensitive to the topic because you are probably an Alex Smith fan.

See what happens when you start to assume s**t and talk out of your ass?
Green Bay or New England. You just don't go into either of those places and push them around.. I don't care who was our QB at the time.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by frozen49er:

Youve got to be kidding? Reading through the replies, the arguements I saw were is it more important to obliterate a terrible team (Jets, Bills) or to defeat a powerhouse on the road (Saints, Pats) Didnt see any referance to the qb's at all. Dont really care who was behind center for any of those games. Never said one word or another about our qbs, dont need to get into that. Why must everything turn into a thread about them? If the OP wanted to start a controversy, wouldnt they have just picked two games out instead of putting all of our wins on the poll? BTW, I vote for Chicago. Doesnt matter who was at qb, was a big win on the road against a team that we all thought was going to the playoffs at the time.

I cant argue with you if you're saying nonsense such as playing the Bears on the road

And I never bought Chicago, I've said it for awhile that they were a product of a crazy streak of scoring on defense
I cant argue with you if you're saying nonsense such as playing the Bears on the road

And I never bought Chicago, I've said it for awhile that they were a product of a crazy streak of scoring on defense

Sorry, too much beer.
Seattle, this week. 31-13 49ers win!!

• vaden
  • Veteran
Either GB or Buffalo, depending on how you value quality of opponent vs. unprecedented domination. NE game isn't close, imo. They outgained us by 137 yards and would've won if not for a slew of lucky bounces.
I am really surprised about these results.

Lol Buffalo? That whole franchise is a joke. The JETS made them look like complete idiots, and we all know how bad the Jets are. Tons of teams have had their "best performance" against that defense.

Chicago? I'm not buying that. If Cutler is in the game, I think it is an entirely different story. I know we, w Alex and Kap, don't have big drop offs with our backup Qb's, but most backup Qb's are awfulll.. Plus everyone has been messing them up second half of the season.

Should be more for the Saints, they were HOT, wanted some pay back, and we dominated them.

For me, gotta be Green Bay, we dominated them e after coming off a 15-1 season, in a tough place to play, etc. etc. And they're guaranteed a playoff team. Obviously Patriots is up there as well, either of those two IMO.

I don't consider beating a realllllly bad team by a lot of points as a better performance than dominating a great team and letting them gets a couple touchdowns.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
It's nothing to do with QB.

For me it was Green Bay or the Pats and I went with the Pats largely because GB was the first game of the season and both teams would have a few kinks to work out, although we put in a great performance, but the Pats were red hot and on a streak.

We beat the Pats in terrible conditions that favoured them on the road and withstood a huge comeback attempt. We executed well and a large part of the comeback was because we changed what had worked for us on defense AND offense and we let them back in the game - we tried to run out the clock on O and stopped going man to man on D.

As soon as we went back to agressive Off and Def we pulled in front - and the biggest indicator was not the winning TD (which was sweet) but the fact that our Def stopped them in their 20 with a 3 and out and 2 sacks in a row. A lot has been made of their near comeback, and props to Brady for being immense, but we changed our game plan to try and safely hold out and we paid. As soon as we went after them on both sides of the ball we dominated them again.

To do that against a team the calibre of NE in their own house when they are on a streak is a fantastic feat.
NE for one half, Buffalo for a whole game. NE may have been the more impressive offensive performance but the D struggled in the second half.
Share 49ersWebzone