There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quotes From The Other Side: New England Edition!

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Same as all fans. Complain complain about the refs.

Also very classless rooting for Justin Smith to have his career ended.

Yeah f**k the fan that said that. Justin Smith is a beast with brute strength that owns people. Look at the Saints playoff game where he was being held by the lineman and ended up tackling the lineman and Drew Brees. What a beast. All these claims that he holds, yet he never gets called for it? f**kin b******t that Gilbride came up with those false accusations.

And how ironic is it that they called Justin Smith a cheater!? Their 3 superbowl wins came during the Spygate era.

Also, they are complaining our DBs hold. Hell, the NFL changed the friggen rules based on what the Pats did in their first SuperBowl against the Rams.
Lol at Pats fans complaining about officiating.

That's rich.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
lol, great post. Love reading this stuff. And why are they calling for all the holds? Justin Smith has been doing the same exact stuff all year long. It's not illegal. They just don't like it because it's innovative. Last time I checked, refs favor the Pats more than any other team in the league.

Should've been a blowout by the Niners, but we missed out on a lot of opportunities early. But hey, I'll take a win at Foxborough against Brady any day of the week.
They forgot to mention Justin going down and the zebras on the side of the f*ggot patriots and Brady all game. The spike Brady did no call. The face grab on kap no call. Delanie was incomplete not a fumble. The PI on brown totally wrong call. The hit by Dashon totally clean and kept the pats on the field bad call. OH NO BUT the zebras were on our side that game what a bunch of idiots whinny little girls just like their QB Brady.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Hate doesnt even begin to describe my felling towards the NFL, networks, and Chris Collinf*g love towards the pats and literally talking about them all year long and even when they get smashed like sunday Brady and Pats still all the talk. Like Kap, essentially a rookie QB didnt rape the pats and outplay Brady. Cowboys and Raiders dont got nothing on the hate I have for the Pats now.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
lol, great post. Love reading this stuff. And why are they calling for all the holds? Justin Smith has been doing the same exact stuff all year long. It's not illegal. They just don't like it because it's innovative. Last time I checked, refs favor the Pats more than any other team in the league.

Should've been a blowout by the Niners, but we missed out on a lot of opportunities early. But hey, I'll take a win at Foxborough against Brady any day of the week.
They forgot to mention Justin going down and the zebras on the side of the f*ggot patriots and Brady all game. The spike Brady did no call. The face grab on kap no call. Delanie was incomplete not a fumble. The PI on brown totally wrong call. The hit by Dashon totally clean and kept the pats on the field bad call. OH NO BUT the zebras were on our side that game what a bunch of idiots whinny little girls just like their QB Brady.

The Goldson penalty was correct. But I agree with the rest. Brady's spike not getting called REALLY pissed me off though.
[ Edited by KID9R on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by KID9R:
The Goldson penalty was correct. But I agree with the rest. Brady's spike not getting called REALLY pissed me off though.

You take that back! You take that back right now!!!!

But seriously I don't think it was correct, especially that the call they made was a hit against a defenseless receiver. How is a player with the ball in his hands defenseless?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Lolololol

Quote:
So this is what it feels like to be on cocaine?

That was my favorite too...perfect timing! LMFAO
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:

But seriously I don't think it was correct, especially that the call they made was a hit against a defenseless receiver. How is a player with the ball in his hands defenseless?

Its the rule. I don't like the rule but every player in the league knows it. You can't hit a receiver in the head or neck area before he has time to defend himself (defenceless). If Goldson had of nailed him in the gut he probably would have had the same effect on him.

I think the rule is the WR at the moment of catching the ball is still considered defenseless. On the other hand, when the ball is secure and the WR/RB is looking to move upfield then the hit would be legal. Also, this hit was different from the Doucet one since Goldson used his shoulders and hit him below the head (hence, legal). I think he got a little bit of Hernandez' helmet on this one.

Its the rule. I don't like the rule but every player in the league knows it. You can't hit a receiver in the head or neck area before he has time to defend himself (defenceless). If Goldson had of nailed him in the gut he probably would have had the same effect on him.
it wasn't correct, because every receiver defenseless when catching a ball.

The call should have been helmet to helmet...or launching
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it wasn't correct, because every receiver defenseless when catching a ball.

The call should have been helmet to helmet...or launching

I disagree with the call. Replay showed he hit in the chest legal 100 percent. The refs were making quick calls all night. He had the ball just got jarred lose when hit so he was not defenseless. Crabs went over middle and caught a TD like a man.
tom brady said that they gave the 49ers the win

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000112489/article/tom-brady-patriots-kind-of-gave-it-to-49ers-after-tie
Originally posted by TlSSER:
tom brady said that they gave the 49ers the win

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000112489/article/tom-brady-patriots-kind-of-gave-it-to-49ers-after-tie
Yeah, Brady was a bigger b***h than I ever thought he was.

Having recorded the game and watched it again, though, I have to say that Collingsworth WAS giving props to the Niners, especially Kaepernick. Everyone knows why Collingsworth has always had a hard spot for the Niners because he's explained it straight out - the Niners prevented him from winning a Superbowl twice, once at the beginning of his career and once towards the end, and the last one hurt real bad. But, the other night, he actually had more positive things to say about Kaepernick, the Niners and Harbaugh than I've ever heard from him.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
... We flat out dominated Tom & co for 39 minutes of that game, which we all loved. But if you close out the game and he's looked like turds the whole time, it becomes like the old Cowboys games where the "real" Cowboys never showed up and they chalk it up to having an off day. The failed comeback saw all of the magic that Brady and Belichick could muster -- this was the real deal we are playing here -- and we still beat them. Best of both worlds.

I agree with your observations -- and take -- on the outcome of the game.

On another Note -- Thanx to StOnEy333, for the time and effort it took to research and post this.
It was truly worth the time it took to read every post. Akin to reliving the game, albeit from the
eyes of the opponent' fans perspective.

Most enjoyable
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Dec 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM ]
Goldson don't give a f**k bout no penalty. He'll go out this week and smack someone even harder.