There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quotes From The Other Side: New England Edition!

Wow...they complain about the refs as much as I've read on this forum.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KID9R:
Aldon and Justin should both sue Kevin Gillbride for defecation of character!! I don't blame Jim for freaking out after hearing those comments. Because since then every stupid A$$, ignorant, player hating fan uses that excuse for their dominance. Every team does it and Justin has NEVER been called for it. It could also effect the pro bowl voting and other accomplishments they would receive, which in turn could effect their contracts. I F*cking hate Gillbride and wish Buddy Ryan would sock him in the face again.

Yah I noticed that, after Gilbride said that comment a lot of people and teams use it now. I mean if that's true, then wow don't the LG and LT complain to the refs at the time of the hold?? I've never heard opposing O-lineman complain about Smith, they all just fear him or give him praise.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Well seeing how Brady gets so many calls just for being Brady, I'm not surprised their fan base is a diva as much as he is.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Aldon and Justin should both sue Kevin Gillbride for defecation of character!! I don't blame Jim for freaking out after hearing those comments. Because since then every stupid A$$, ignorant, player hating fan uses that excuse for their dominance. Every team does it and Justin has NEVER been called for it. It could also effect the pro bowl voting and other accomplishments they would receive, which in turn could effect their contracts. I F*cking hate Gillbride and wish Buddy Ryan would sock him in the face again.

Yah I noticed that, after Gilbride said that comment a lot of people and teams use it now. I mean if that's true, then wow don't the LG and LT complain to the refs at the time of the hold?? I've never heard opposing O-lineman complain about Smith, they all just fear him or give him praise.

And if Gillbride and the Giants actually had a problem with it, that's not the way you address it. What teams USUALLY DO is send clips of the plays to the league office. They won't get a response from the league but if the league thinks its illegal they will call it right away during the game. There was no need for it.
[ Edited by KID9R on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:27 AM ]
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Yeah can't believe how much they were whining about holding when it was obvious the refs were not calling a bunch of holding on their OL either. I think as far as line play goes, both teams got away with stuff so I don't feel either team or their fans can complain about the lack of holding calls. They just straight up got hit in the mouth in the first half and we were fortunate enugh to make plays in the end to hold them off.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
"It is almost a football game again. Thank you to Jim Harbaugh for going conservative."

"Rushing only 3. WTF is Harbaugh doing?"

"49ers back to man to man, but showing the wear."

Our coaches let them back in the game. Even the homer Patriots fans could see it.
Too bad, it was our chance to blow the doors off the NFL with the statement game of the decade.

I still feel like we did! First team in a decade to beat the Pats in Foxboro in December!

I agree. A blowout would probably have had everybody calling the Patriots pretenders and we would have gotten less respect.

Since the game was close it looks instead like we just slayed the best team in the NFL in their house.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
"It is almost a football game again. Thank you to Jim Harbaugh for going conservative."

"Rushing only 3. WTF is Harbaugh doing?"

"49ers back to man to man, but showing the wear."

Our coaches let them back in the game. Even the homer Patriots fans could see it.
Too bad, it was our chance to blow the doors off the NFL with the statement game of the decade.

I still feel like we did! First team in a decade to beat the Pats in Foxboro in December!

I agree. A blowout would probably have had everybody calling the Patriots pretenders and we would have gotten less respect.

Since the game was close it looks instead like we just slayed the best team in the NFL in their house.

i've heard some commentators say they're more impressed with us for responding to NE's challenge in the 4th than if it were a blowout. It shows the type of character this team has.

just saying.
Was hoping this thread was quotes from New England players.
LMAO these patriot fans are ridiculous. Accusing Justin Smith of holding and our offensive line of holding? Come on now, their oline is so good because they hold the inside of players jerseys all of the time, just beneath the shoulder pads. Go back and watch the game and you can clearly see Solder doing this many times to Aldon Smith.

Anyways, you know a lot of these Pats fans are completely ridiculous and can't see through their extreme bias when they were complaining about that Aquib Talib pass interference call on Crabtree!! LMAO, that play was basically the definition of pass interference. 1. Talib never turned his head around to look for the ball. 2. Talib put his arms and hands up to face guard Crabtree. 3. Talib ran right through Crabtree before the ball was even there, hence why Crabtree couldn't even make a play on the ball. LOL, complete homerism at its finest.

The reality of the situation is that the refs called much more meaningful and BS calls against us. ex. the Tarrell Brown PI call that gave them essentially a free 7 points because it was like a 50 yard penalty that put the ball on our own 5 yard line. That was incidental contact with the receiver and corner getting their feet tangled up. Now that was b******t.
I nominate this for POTM

f**k THE PATRIOTS
Same as all fans. Complain complain about the refs.

Also very classless rooting for Justin Smith to have his career ended.
[ Edited by SportsFan on Dec 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
I think its quite clear:

91.3% of Pats fans would have gay sex with Tom Brady.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Same as all fans. Complain complain about the refs.

Also very classless rooting for Justin Smith to have his career ended.

Yeah f**k the fan that said that. Justin Smith is a beast with brute strength that owns people. Look at the Saints playoff game where he was being held by the lineman and ended up tackling the lineman and Drew Brees. What a beast. All these claims that he holds, yet he never gets called for it? f**kin b******t that Gilbride came up with those false accusations.

And how ironic is it that they called Justin Smith a cheater!? Their 3 superbowl wins came during the Spygate era.
I think its quite clear:

91.3% of Pats fans would have gay sex with Tom Brady.

Yes this is very evident. No doubt about it.
Many thanks to StOnEy333! Reading through those Patriots fans remarks that followed the game was extremely entertaining. Great stuff! Hilarious. My favorite part is how they're just getting massively stoked during the Patriots comeback, ie, the "mancrush" remark about Brady, and then get completely let down by those two back to back plays the Niners make. Really funny.