LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers thinks Smith should still start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Yea? How many Super Bowls has Harbaugh won?

All that proves is he is more talent than Harbaugh as a qb.

Are you sure?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex will get picked up by a team that is in QB limbo. He will be cheap and they will be replace him the instant they find their franchise QB.

Alex may make a good assistant coach one day but that's about it.

I think you're very wrong about this. I think Alex will continue to be ranked a top 10 qb over the course of his career.

Do you really think if Alex was THAT good, Jim would have waited until the off season to start a QB competition and let the best QB play? Alex is a top 10 QB for a team that only requires safe plays from the QB while settling for lack of big plays due to avoiding the big plays if they are not necessary. Alex Smith's stats may be top 10, but the coaches tape shows he's not.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Doesn't look like Rodgers is out-and-out disagreeing with the Harbaugh decision. He's just putting in some good words for his colleague whom he respects. And I don't think there's anyone who doesn't "feel" for Smith. The dude did nothing to lose his job, plain and simple. And yet it was still the right decision, and we're better with CK. So yeah, it is what it is.

If there's a Smith destination I'm "rooting" for as a fan of the guy, it would probably be Minnesota. He would get to play with some good weapons on a middling team with a chance to lead them on some playoff runs. As a 49er fan, however, I guess I should probably root for him to fail or to succeed only with an AFC team.

Yeah but I think you're wrong that there aren't people who don't feel for Smith. Some members on this board don't give a s**t about Alex Smith and don't appreciate what he did for us last year. That's the reality of the situation sadly. I'd love to see Alex Smith have more success in the league. I feel for the guy and think he's a very good quarterback!
Alex will get picked up by a team that is in QB limbo. He will be cheap and they will be replace him the instant they find their franchise QB.

Alex may make a good assistant coach one day but that's about it.

I think you're very wrong about this. I think Alex will continue to be ranked a top 10 qb over the course of his career.

Do you really think if Alex was THAT good, Jim would have waited until the off season to start a QB competition and let the best QB play? Alex is a top 10 QB for a team that only requires safe plays from the QB while settling for lack of big plays due to avoiding the big plays if they are not necessary. Alex Smith's stats may be top 10, but the coaches tape shows he's not.

I disagree..the coaches tape does not do that at all. You're viewing the tape through tinted lenses and you're going to see what supports your opinion. And with Jim, yes, I do think that Jim decided to go with the guy that had more topside but was slightly lesser now...why? because 1. he thought he could get him up to speed by play-offs. (meaning the difference in overall play is insignificant or better than Alex) 2. There's less film on Colin so it leaves Jim with the element of surprise (which he has shown that he loves). 3. there is no question that Kaep has more raw talent than Alex does. 4. if Kaep is the future of this organization then letting Alex win the superbowl jeapordizes the grand plan. It's one thing to let a trent dilfer go after the Superbowl..it's another when you let a top ranked qb go after winning the superbowl.
I disagree..the coaches tape does not do that at all. You're viewing the tape through tinted lenses and you're going to see what supports your opinion. And with Jim, yes, I do think that Jim decided to go with the guy that had more topside but was slightly lesser now...why? because 1. he thought he could get him up to speed by play-offs. (meaning the difference in overall play is insignificant or better than Alex) 2. There's less film on Colin so it leaves Jim with the element of surprise (which he has shown that he loves). 3. there is no question that Kaep has more raw talent than Alex does. 4. if Kaep is the future of this organization then letting Alex win the superbowl jeapordizes the grand plan. It's one thing to let a trent dilfer go after the Superbowl..it's another when you let a top ranked qb go after winning the superbowl.
I think Harbaugh believes Colin gives him the best chance for a Superbowl this year. I think he didn't realize it until the Bears game that's why he stuck with him after Alex was cleared to play. He may have started doubting if Alex can get to the big game after how he played against the Giants earlier in the season.

Also looking at Harbaugh's personality if Alex somehow won a Superbowl I think he still would go with Colin the next year with feeling that he could get them several more.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Rogers is not a niner, so I don't curr. I'm still trying to figure out why this is in Ninertalk. Next thing you know, someone from the Vue will say something about the niners and it will show up in here.

I concur. Just goes to show you that some of the mods here have their biases and so they let things like these go on.

I don't mind CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but this "My Daddy is better than your daddy crap is getting old" VERY OLD!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM ]
IF you all read what Rodgers said was he thinks Alex should start for ANOTHER TEAM! Pay attention and stop making stuff up - read the article.

Now, I agree w/ Rodgers that Alex should start for another team and IMO, that team should be KC. We trade him for a 3-4 rounder and get some return on our investment. Football is still a business.
Although I personally think that Rogers is a great QB, that doesn't mean that all QB's who have won Superbowls are great QB's.

If that were the case then (as much as I respect him) Trent Dilfer is a great QB? On the other hand there are QB's that has NEVER won a Superbowl that to me and most others feel are great QB's. i.e. Danny Fouts, Dan Marino just to name a couple.

So enough comparison between Rogers and Harbaugh. If it weren't for John Harbaugh the 49er's WOULDN'T be where they are now.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by susweel:
he knows less than Harbaugh.

Yea? How many Super Bowls has Harbaugh won?
Right!!! In all of Harbaugh's one total seasons, he's never won a Super Bowl! What a loser. I'm sure any quarterback that has been on a Super Bowl winning team knows a LOT more about coaching than some scrub like Jim Harbaugh...

Man, get serious.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
What the hell does he know about being a good quarterback?

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Closing this. This is not a new thread for the age old war of Alex vs. Kaep. That has been decided already. Everyone move along.
Share 49ersWebzone