LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers thinks Smith should still start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
with a 104 QB rating... Alex is a top 10 QB...but he's being replaced by a potential future HoFer. Brady would have been hard pressed to do anything with the team that Alex walked into.

Potential future HOFer?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Amir:
Aaron Rodgers can SMK

This.

Who gives a f**k what Aaron Rodgers has to say?

Yeah, WTF does he know about being a good QB?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Aaron Rodgers can SMK

This.

he knows less than Harbaugh.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
with a 104 QB rating... Alex is a top 10 QB...but he's being replaced by a potential future HoFer. Brady would have been hard pressed to do anything with the team that Alex walked into.

Potential future HOFer?

With his skill set, as well as he is playing now considering that he's making a heck of a lot of rookie mistakes...yeah, I would not be surprised. He cleans up his mistakes and yeah he's a top 3 QB now.
Reading between the lines (more like making it up right now)...I think Rodgers wants to be traded to the Niners and GB gets AS. Deal!
Originally posted by susweel:

Yea? How many Super Bowls has Harbaugh won?
Aaron Rodgers can SMK

This.

Yup...because Harbaugh has been the nfl MVP more times than Rogers and has more rings to show for his career.

Now if you said he knows more about how to develop a QB, I wouldn't have argued.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Dec 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Rogers is not a niner, so I don't curr. I'm still trying to figure out why this is in Ninertalk. Next thing you know, someone from the Vue will say something about the niners and it will show up in here.
Originally posted by lifelong9erfan:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
It is a shame that Kaepernick looks pretty good?

Tom Brady is pretty good, top three all time perhaps but he was outplayed by Kaepernick last night. The prevent defense gave up a lot of easy yards.

I don't know what game you were watching but that is not true. Kaep did not outplay Brady Sunday night. Don't get me wrong, Kaep had a good game but he did not outplay Brady. Brady was going against arguably the best defense in the NFL and after some adjustments at half time made our D look pathetic. Other then the two picks, one of which was not his fault, Brady played lights out against a stellar D.
Kaep on the other hand played good but the reality is he got lucky.... 4 fumbled snaps.... fortunately one was picked up by Gore and taken in for a touchdown, and he was lucky that he got on top of the others. The pick was much like the one pick of Brady's.... good throw, but better defense. Also, I would argue that the reason that the Pats came back so easily was that Kaep froze up and for most of the 3rd and 4th quarter and could do nothing. It was like 4, 3 and outs. Gave Brady way too much time. And put our defense on the field way too long with the uptempo offense that the Pats run.
Now by no means am I bashing Kaep rather just saying he did not outplay Brady. I hope one day he will be to that level but this game he did not.

Can we please put a stop to this "Brady outplayed Kap" garbage? I've seen it mentioned countless times in the past 2 days. Its a joke. Its especially a joke considering the logic behind it. Using similar logic, Drew Brees outplayed Alex in the divisional playoff game last year.

And if someone said that, there would be 25 people jumping down the poster's throat.
Another option for him is to just stay here. He has his health, millions of dollars and will make even more for years as a backup and mentor, eventually morphing into a coach. He would end on a high note, successful at the end, young, popular and with a million options.

This happy scenario is not going to happen anywhere else. QBs are normally booed off the team or suffer crippling injuries.

So, ego aside, trying to prove something, what is really the smart thing for him to do?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Aaron Rodgers can SMK

This.

Yup...because Harbaugh has been the nfl MVP more times than Rogers and has more rings to show for his career.

Now if you said he knows more about how to develop a QB, I wouldn't have argued.

thats what I meant but its all good.
Some people here can't seem to understand that QB1 can be good and QB2 can also be good. There are so many people here who just can't help themselves and have to take a shot at QB1 because they are insecure about their position on QB2.

Alex has become a really good QB
Kaep , regardless of some troubling wtf mistakes seems to be moving toward being a great QB.

The team chose Kaep because they think his upside will be better than Smith by the time the playoffs role around (and obviously think he will be better in the long run). It is a calculated gamble. Kaep is the future in SF. Alex will have a chance to go somewhere else most likely, and will probably keep playing well. If he gets in a good situation I still think he has the potential to be one of the best QB's in the league. I could also see him going to a bad situation and flaming out. So much of the picture is the supporting cast, system etc.

At this point it has gone from pettiness to just flat out embarrassing for those of you who continue to take pointless shots at one QB or the other. Let it go

And Aaron Rodgers needs to STFU. Though I thank him for his part in my pending fantasy championship once again this year
Career record vs Smith as starter

2-1
Of course he does he wants us to be an easy out as possible. Joking.

I don't think very many quarterbacks are supporting the way we handled Smith. There's a reason why this move is basically unprecedented.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Yea? How many Super Bowls has Harbaugh won?

All that proves is he is more talent than Harbaugh as a qb.
Share 49ersWebzone