There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aaron Rodgers thinks Smith should still start

I'm very happy how Kaep is turning out right now.

Genuinely do feel bad for Alex because I've always supported him through all this crap he has put up with over the years. I like whats best for the team first & foremost. So if it the decision definitely arises that the FO definitely decides to trade Alex...so be it.

I am starting to get a little tired with fans of other teams asking the same question almost worded to a tee, "So what to you think of your Quarterback Controversy?"
[ Edited by Candlestick_Monsta on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:08 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Yup, Alex got royally f**ked. But it is what it is. Hopefully for his sake he can go elsewhere and start fresh next year.

Alex had years to rise to the occasion.

he was the "best until the next"

Alex is the definition of journeymen
No one likes losing a job due to injury, only Alex Smith critics do.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I doubt the could afford him and cut mark, I want a cutler trade, otherwise pay him and keep him always need a good backup in the league!

A cutler trade? WTF? Keep Smith as a backup before you trade for that piece of s**t... Cutler sucks.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Afrikan has the right thought here... A million bucks is peanuts to pay for an extra draft pick, we pick up the bonus and move him to the highest bidder. There are about 5 teams with really bad QB situations who will want a stable, safe, veteran guy like Alex who is a real team player and can hold down the position without hurting the team for a few years. Hell if I was Baltimore I would be considering letting Flacco go the way he is killing that team right now and go with a much cheaper Alex and draft pick combo. Ride the D and Ray Rice for a few years. I am hoping for a 3rd rounder this year for Smith bringing our possible total to 3 in the 3rd round after compensatory.

What's with all this talk of Flacco leaving Bmore??
Originally posted by Go9er:
No one likes losing a job due to injury, only Alex Smith critics do.

He didn't lose his job to injury. He lost his job because Harbaugh thought Kaepernick was the best choice between the two.
What arron said is alex should be on a team who appreciates him. Wich is a knock on our organization.
Aaron needs to own up on his bet and wear Alex's jersey!
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:22 AM ]
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
He didn't lose his job to injury. He lost his job because Harbaugh thought Kaepernick was the best choice between the two.

Using that logic, nobody has ever lost their job due to injury. Fact is, if Alex doesn't report his concussion symptoms he is likely still the starting QB today (and we probably have a better record.)
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:

Using that logic, nobody has ever lost their job due to injury. Fact is, if Alex doesn't report his concussion symptoms he is likely still the starting QB today (and we probably have a better record.)
yeah if AS was starting we would be 14-0
Wasn't this thread locked earlier?
Yup, http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/169540-agree-rodgers-alex-deserves-appreciated-tonight-total-access/
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Alex Smith to the Jets?

I don't think Alex in the biggest media market in the world is a good fit.

lol... That wasn't the case last season when CK was a rookie. No doubt Harb trained CK well, but to bring AS back this season and then switch after a concussion does not sit well with many, except ofc the AS critics.
[ Edited by Go9er on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM ]
Originally posted by echav4949:
What arron said is alex should be on a team who appreciates him. Wich is a knock on our organization.

It means the 49ers isn't the only team Alex Smith can play well with. Rodgers also mention AS is a great QB in the interview, that should tell you something.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home