There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aaron Rodgers thinks Smith should still start

Alex + jets = playoffs they would just need to get rid of brayln edwards first...
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
Alex + jets = playoffs they would just need to get rid of brayln edwards first...

Seems logically true considering they were still in the playoff hunt through 15 weeks this year. But I have to say, Sanchez is far from the only problem with that team. They play decent D (and obviously should get Revis back next year), but their RBs and WRs are an impressive collection of pure crap.
" I think Tennessee would be a good place for Alex. I don't know if the Titans still believe Locker is their "franchise QB". The guy has problems going through his progressions and is a one read and then run kinda guy. He also is not very accurate. I'm also wondering if Philly would be a good place for him depending on who replaces Andy Reed. Hate to say it but Arizona may snag him and we would play him twice a year and he would have Fitz to throw to. Thats probably the worse case scenario for him since they have no oline or run game.,
he's gonna start for another team
I will take this opportunity to express my appreciation and admiration for Alex as well, although my opinion doesn't carry the same weight as Aaron Rodger's does.

In 2009, Alex's QB rating was 81.5 and it ranked 19th in the league, even though a few on here insisted he was the worst QB in the league.
In 2010 his QB rating improved to 82.1, while many still insisted he was terrible. If only our team could have a top 10 QB, some said.
In 2011, his QB rating rose to 90.7 , which ranked him 9th in the league. If only we could have an "elite" top 5 QB, some said.
In 2012, he has a rating of 104.1, ranking him 3rd, just behind Rodgers at 104.7, and RG3 at 104.2, and ahead of all the others. But still not good enough!

Some will say it is all because of Harbaugh. Perhaps, but maybe all the other high-ranking QBs are there because they are helped by good coaching and surrounding cast. It is a shame that when the offense finally gets all the right parts (such as Crabtree finally showing that he has learned how to get seperation), a time when Alex can finally enjoy the fruits of it all, it is handed over to someone else. Now this other one will look pretty good, not just because of his own talents, but because of what supports him as well.

Kap has talent, but as I watched Brady last night in the 2nd half I was mesmerized. I was watching a true master QB, and it isn't just about arm strength or running speed. It will still be awhile before we see whether Kap has what it takes.
Originally posted by excelsior:
I will take this opportunity to express my appreciation and admiration for Alex as well, although my opinion doesn't carry the same weight as Aaron Rodger's does.

In 2009, Alex's QB rating was 81.5 and it ranked 19th in the league, even though a few on here insisted he was the worst QB in the league.
In 2010 his QB rating improved to 82.1, while many still insisted he was terrible. If only our team could have a top 10 QB, some said.
In 2011, his QB rating rose to 90.7 , which ranked him 9th in the league. If only we could have an "elite" top 5 QB, some said.
In 2012, he has a rating of 104.1, ranking him 3rd, just behind Rodgers at 104.7, and RG3 at 104.2, and ahead of all the others. But still not good enough!

Some will say it is all because of Harbaugh. Perhaps, but maybe all the other high-ranking QBs are there because they are helped by good coaching and surrounding cast. It is a shame that when the offense finally gets all the right parts (such as Crabtree finally showing that he has learned how to get seperation), a time when Alex can finally enjoy the fruits of it all, it is handed over to someone else. Now this other one will look pretty good, not just because of his own talents, but because of what supports him as well.

Kap has talent, but as I watched Brady last night in the 2nd half I was mesmerized. I was watching a true master QB, and it isn't just about arm strength or running speed. It will still be awhile before we see whether Kap has what it takes.

It is a shame that Kaepernick looks pretty good?

Tom Brady is pretty good, top three all time perhaps but he was outplayed by Kaepernick last night. The prevent defense gave up a lot of easy yards.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM ]
Of course he does, dude doesn't wanna have to face Kaep in January, the Packer prick. Like he didn't know what it was like to be stuck behind somebody you knew you were better than, constantly competing for the starting job.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
I think the Jets are a good fit for Alex.

According to the broadcast tonight on MNF. The Jets are ground and pound with a solid defense

They need a QB who won't make mistakes.

I don't personally want Alex to go to NYJ simply because of the awful media scrutiny and he deserves better!

He wont get scrutinized if he plays at a high level.
With Norv Turner and the GM on their way out of San Diego and Rivers on a down slide, I could see Smith going back to his hometown for a fresh start. Wouldn't have to play against SF, and a chance to compete with Manning
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Of course he does, dude doesn't wanna have to face Kaep in January, the Packer prick. Like he didn't know what it was like to be stuck behind somebody you knew you were better than, constantly competing for the starting job.

Thats wat i'm sayin. Lets get this Alex lovin thread locked up please before we start this nonsense comparison crap in another indirect way.
It would be interesting to see how Smith does wherever he goes.
who cares?
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
It would be interesting to see how Smith does wherever he goes.

Yes, absolutely. I hope he does well, unless he's playing the 49ers. Then I hope the Smith brothers give him a proper family reunion.
Originally posted by excelsior:
I will take this opportunity to express my appreciation and admiration for Alex as well, although my opinion doesn't carry the same weight as Aaron Rodger's does.

In 2009, Alex's QB rating was 81.5 and it ranked 19th in the league, even though a few on here insisted he was the worst QB in the league.
In 2010 his QB rating improved to 82.1, while many still insisted he was terrible. If only our team could have a top 10 QB, some said.
In 2011, his QB rating rose to 90.7 , which ranked him 9th in the league. If only we could have an "elite" top 5 QB, some said.
In 2012, he has a rating of 104.1, ranking him 3rd, just behind Rodgers at 104.7, and RG3 at 104.2, and ahead of all the others. But still not good enough!

Some will say it is all because of Harbaugh. Perhaps, but maybe all the other high-ranking QBs are there because they are helped by good coaching and surrounding cast. It is a shame that when the offense finally gets all the right parts (such as Crabtree finally showing that he has learned how to get seperation), a time when Alex can finally enjoy the fruits of it all, it is handed over to someone else. Now this other one will look pretty good, not just because of his own talents, but because of what supports him as well.

Kap has talent, but as I watched Brady last night in the 2nd half I was mesmerized. I was watching a true master QB, and it isn't just about arm strength or running speed. It will still be awhile before we see whether Kap has what it takes.

Colin threw four touchdowns and threaded the needle on at least two, even his interception was just a mental error, not a badly thrown ball, he had a great game.
Originally posted by Bohannamontana:
Colin threw four touchdowns and threaded the needle on at least two, even his interception was just a mental error, not a badly thrown ball, he had a great game.

Still, he's no Brady. With Brady that wide open VD pass is for six. I was awestruck watching Brady making his comeback. Everything was just lightning quick releases right on the money. Boom-boom-boom! I was like dam.

That said, if "he's no Brady" is the worst you can say about a quaterback you're in good shape.