There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Short and Long Pass Attempts between Kaepernick & Smith?

Originally posted by rk1642:
This is all good but why are we soo hard for the bomb or deep ball?

Once in awhile is good to back off the db's but not as a game plan.

I don't want us to focus on the deep ball. The long ball is not the mainstay of the WCO. If we get away from what makes the WCO so effective then the O will begin to fail IMO.

I agree with you on that...

the WCO does not function with out the threat of the deepball per Bill Walsh and he said that BEFORE the advent of cover 2.

So we should see a higher sucess rate then in the 80s.

almost leaning more towards Norv Turner
Looked at this last year and Rodgers was by far the most consistent short, medium and long passer in the NFL. Brady was absolutely amazing short but not long. Smith was better, in comparison, long than short...but still well behind Rodgers.

CK's arm strength is a more important ingredient, in my opinion than length of pass. The ball gets there much more quickly than many and in this regard he is similar to Rodgers.
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Fact: Kaepernick has tattoos.

Can't argue with the factuality of this fact
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Looked at this last year and Rodgers was by far the most consistent short, medium and long passer in the NFL. Brady was absolutely amazing short but not long. Smith was better, in comparison, long than short...but still well behind Rodgers.

CK's arm strength is a more important ingredient, in my opinion than length of pass. The ball gets there much more quickly than many and in this regard he is similar to Rodgers.

he is on the money too.....

the guy has rare velocity and control.

he is not an idiot, and his coach is running an offense that works for him.

we(fans) are pretty darn lucky ....we have a QB of the future