LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Do u agree with Rodgers??? Alex deserves to be appreciated! (Tonight Total access)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do u agree with Rodgers??? Alex deserves to be appreciated! (Tonight Total access)

8 years is enough appreciation me thinks
The Baltimore Ravens will totally appreciate Alex, when Flaco leaves this off season. I bet we can get 3rd and a 5th for him...
"Deserves" is either a philosophical question or a market question.

Alex deserves the best, philosophically, because he is a good guy and that is what matters most. However, the NFL market will decide what he "deserves" in terms of where and when his career will take him in football.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
well of course he should be appreciated for what he has done in his year and a half with harbaugh. he has been a good player. that doesn't mean he should be starting on our team

This says it all... end thread/
Originally posted by vaden:
ITA with the Rodgers and it disgusts me to see "49er fans" continue gleefully kicking Alex when he's down and assume we wouldn't be doing as well if he was still the QB when the fact is he's had far better performances than anything his replacement has shown. The hypocrisy and double standards are laughable. But I should've learned long, long ago not to let the idiocy bother me or waste another moment of my time.

Smith has never thrown for 4 TDs...

kaep is about to play his 6th start next Sunday night.

He is playing much better than Smith IMO in his 8th SEASON.
I see smith going to Kansas City or Arizona. Him going to Minnesota won't happen ever unless it's a backup role.
Originally posted by anubis5:
I see smith going to Kansas City or Arizona. Him going to Minnesota won't happen ever unless it's a backup role.

Omg I hope he goes to AZ. Our defense would feast two times a year. It would be a bonanza
Shaun King franchise QB?
Originally posted by deepniner:

He basically took a lot of sacks that lead to drive ending punts and he barely threw for the first down. The passes would make it to the receiver, but they would either be to the receiver who had no chance of making the first down (a check down on a 3rd and long) or a pass that wouldnt lead the receiver to getting the first down.

Classic example of the alternate reality constructed by Alex detractors. In reality, he ranks 3rd in first downs/attempt ratio.

Are you kidding me with this garbage of a post? what is an Alex detractor?? why would anyone on the zone want to detract our backup QB?
Originally posted by niner4life21:
ITA with the Rodgers and it disgusts me to see "49er fans" continue gleefully kicking Alex when he's down and assume we wouldn't be doing as well if he was still the QB when the fact is he's had far better performances than anything his replacement has shown. The hypocrisy and double standards are laughable. But I should've learned long, long ago not to let the idiocy bother me or waste another moment of my time.

Smith has never thrown for 4 TDs...

kaep is about to play his 6th start next Sunday night.

He is playing much better than Smith IMO in his 8th SEASON.

Smith has never had as many rushing yards.
Smith has never had a 50 yard run.
Smith has never thrown as many TDs in a game.
Smith has never led an offense to score on their first four possessions (Chicago).
Smith has never won in the Super Dome.
Smith has never won against the Patriots.

Kaep is breaking a lot of Smith records, and its only been 5 games. Imagine what he could do in EIGHT years?!

People can appreciate Alex Smith all they want, but when they start saying things like, "Smith has done or would have done much better..." that is going too far.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone