There are 250 users in the forums

5 fumbles and a pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Taking a snap from under center in the rain, much heavier rain to be exact. I am always comparing him and Alex and he is doing a lot of things Alex cant/wont, I just want a clean game from him. Chicago he was perfect IMO and played the best game so far....and I rank it top 3 in games this year. I just dont want to have to worry about something that should be automatic.

You expect a clean game in the rain in New England in December?
I was happy with a win and I am not sure any other QB would have pulled it off last night. A clean loss might make you happy but the win is what I was looking for and Kaepernick delivered it after the defense all but gave it away.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Taking a snap from under center in the rain, much heavier rain to be exact. I am always comparing him and Alex and he is doing a lot of things Alex cant/wont, I just want a clean game from him. Chicago he was perfect IMO and played the best game so far....and I rank it top 3 in games this year. I just dont want to have to worry about something that should be automatic.

I was happy with a win and I am not sure any other QB would have pulled it off last night. A clean loss might make you happy but the win is what I was looking for and Kaepernick delivered it after the defense all but gave it away.
Can you explain why/how the D gave it away? They were on the field non stop in the 2nd half and were gassed.

Just curious. What games would you rank top three(in order..most impressive being 1)?
dbl post
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:02 PM ]
He is a pistol qb he's not a undercenter guy he's still got to work on the little things, snap, game cloak, basically how to manage a game. But it's the things we can't teach him that make him so dam special. I'd also like to keep alex as the backup untill his contract is up. Why because of he's like a coach and can help colin in the mental game. He's a good player if anything happens to colin a big shot we have a qb that we know can play at a high level, and unless we get a hugh offer cutler like we should hold on to alex to push colin every day in practice because a great player still needs a push to be that!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM ]

Can you explain why/how the D gave it away? They were on the field non stop in the 2nd half and were gassed.

This game was similar to the Saints playoff game, except it was away and in harsh conditions.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:05 PM ]

They gave up three or four consecutive TD drives to let the Pats tie it.

with a prevent defense and conservative offense ..it's not like Kaep fumbled the game so Pats can tie it
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
with a prevent defense and conservative offense ..it's not like Kaep fumbled the game so Pats can tie it

I didn't blame Kaepernick. I said that he won it after the Defense (coaches included) almost game it away.

I didn't blame Kaepernick. I said that he won it after the Defense (coaches included) almost game it away.

sorry, was going along with your post..not rebutting

Originally posted by dwy621:
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Does that make you feel good going forward?

If this does not make you happy (winning the game), you really are a malcontent. Or is it that you have been so wrong about the QB spot this year? (Please see the member's many posts that look pretty silly now in hindsight)
If you are going to try and be cute with posts, quote the whole conversation. I have been wrong about nothing. I said he would have issues and he has. I said he would be on a learning cure and he has. I said the basic little things would be problems and they have.
Jreff, i know you are expressing your opinion..and everyone else see it but you keep saying it and saying it?

just wondering why do you go through the trouble?
Saying what? My opinion is he has yet to play a game like he did in Chicago. He still needs to do the little things right on a consistent basis. I dont care about 300 yards passing nor do I care about breaking off a 50 yard run once in a while. I want to see him play fundamentally smart football, that means not fumbling multiple snaps, and not dropping the ball on a consistent basis week after week. He did a lot right but the little things make a good player great and that's what I expect from him. I dont care if it was raining, that would not of been an excuse in the NFCCG. I want to see long sustained drives, something that did not happen in the 2nd half. This was a great bounce back game but the fumbles are killing me. He has been a pro for almost 2 years, I can deal with INT's on disguised coverages, he is still learning to read a D. But taking a snap is something that should be basic and a non-issue. Between the fumbles, the INT, Akers going full retard again, and Walker being an ass hat......we had 7 killed drives, 7. Think about that number, its big.

Without the massive amount of turnovers the D got, this game could've been a whole lot closer because we became static from the mistakes. I dont want to play the counter factual game because its not reality but even you need to and must acknowledge we cant win without serious luck from those kinds of mistakes. Had Walker fumbled 4 times and even got the ball back you would be screaming at him, like I would. I have become accustomed to clean games with little to no mistakes, the bar is high but I expect him to play to that level. His reads are getting better and is command at the line has improved immensely, I cant recall too much time getting wasted yesterday. But the mistakes were very apparent yesterday and calling them out is not hating. Hating would be dogging him out for not throwing 300 yards.

IMO what needs to get fixed in a hurry" the snap exchange, his running with the ball and not keeping it tight, and dropping back 10+ yards and getting sacked. Easily fixed but have been an issue for weeks and I dont get why its still happening.

You just never have positive things to say about Kaep. If i recall last week you complained that he didn't throw 1 TD pass even though the Niners scored rushing TDs. Now that he had 4 TDs in a game you find some other fault. I agree that Kaep needs to work on things, but to knit pick everything after such a great win is mind blowing to me. Just be happy and celebrate a tough road victory against a team that hasn't lost at home in December since 2001.
I'm very happy but I dont want to be saying to myself "dont drop the ball, dont drop the ball".....like I'm doing every time Akers is going for a kick, "dont miss the kick, dont miss the kick".

Im very happy he put up 4 TD's and my point that he needs to throw TD's was proven true. We cant expect a long run every week, its not going to happen. To win he needs to do what he did, throw the ball and score. If he cleans up the little things I will be fine, I just have a hard time watching something that I could do at age 11.

First of all, you at age 11? taking snaps @NE in 25 degree slush weather while vince wilfolk is bearing down on you......no
Second of all if you watch the game like that then you need to tape your mouth closed so you wont have to say "dont do the opposite of what I want to happen, Dont do the opposite of what I want to happen"
Weather was a factor in yesterdays game if you were watching, (maybe you were listening on the radio because you dont seem to notice the weather).
So you mean to tell me that leading up to this game, your watching every other game Kap has started and your saying "dont drop the ball, dont drop he ball" then apparently thats how YOU watch games. But dont make it out to be an epidemic, youve been reaching since yesterdays win, how bout making a positive comment without a backhanded slight against Kap or the offense, I dont know if you got it in you quite frankly. Even those of us, myself included, who wanted Kap to start had to give props to alex when he balled out, or when he won a big game that was less than perfect. We get it , your skeptical of Kap, but youve never taken an NFL snap and you shouldnt generalize an experience that youll never have, and you definitely shouldnt compare your 11 year old self to a pro qb.
The fumbled snaps criticism is so overblown its ridiculous. How many of the fumbled stats can you say are definitively his fault and not the centers (or shared faults)? ZERO. The weather conditions were miserable. I am not saying I am happy with the amount the ball was on the turf yesterday, but its certainly understandable given the weather.

If you want to make criticisms about how Kap needs to take better care of the ball and hold it against his body when moving in the pocket or scrambling, fine, I can totally get behind that. But for there to be a 20 page thread about his fumbles in freezing rainy conditions? Its a joke.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
The fumbled snaps criticism is so overblown its ridiculous. How many of the fumbled stats can you say are definitively his fault and not the centers (or shared faults)? ZERO. The weather conditions were miserable. I am not saying I am happy with the amount the ball was on the turf yesterday, but its certainly understandable given the weather.

If you want to make criticisms about how Kap needs to take better care of the ball and hold it against his body when moving in the pocket or scrambling, fine, I can totally get behind that. But for there to be a 20 page thread about his fumbles in freezing rainy conditions? Its a joke.
is a botch snap considered a fumble ?

is shouldn't..imho
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:23 PM ]
sorry, was going along with your post..not rebutting

gotcha
No worries!

When the game was on the line our D had huge stops to seal the deal, if offenses score when they absolutley need to score and defenses get stops when they absolutley have to get stops, then that team wins
Share 49ersWebzone