There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

5 fumbles and a pick

Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Does that make you feel good going forward?

If this does not make you happy (winning the game), you really are a malcontent. Or is it that you have been so wrong about the QB spot this year? (Please see the member's many posts that look pretty silly now in hindsight)
If you are going to try and be cute with posts, quote the whole conversation. I have been wrong about nothing. I said he would have issues and he has. I said he would be on a learning cure and he has. I said the basic little things would be problems and they have.
tom brady and the patsies had a ton of turnovers too dude. the weather was retarded, it happens. maybe colin has small hands too lol
Originally posted by diablo:
I was at the game. The weather was horrible and is certainly to blame for the fumbles.

we could be playing a cold wet game against Sea......this cant happen again

Not like this. Trust me.
[ Edited by diablo on Dec 17, 2012 at 2:56 PM ]
Last week it was getting the plays in at a time. Going forward that could bed sooooo bad. Snaps is this week's imperfection.

Look Boy and Girls, the Kap RollerCoaster is a fun and sometimes a little hairy. I have watched all his games since High School. He will give you so much more good than bad but, he can lay the occasionally egg. He also has always had the ability to carry the team on his back (Don't think he has gotten there yet). You will find you have to take his good with his bad and he won't ever be perfect. But, it will be far more good than bad and will be glad he is the man going forward.
Having been a founding member of the Kap bandwagon.

You have to feel for Alex. The guy has been wonderful these past two years. He probably has the most character and integrity in the league. And we would in good shape to call him our starting QB but ......

If this does not make you happy (winning the game), you really are a malcontent. Or is it that you have been so wrong about the QB spot this year? (Please see the member's many posts that look pretty silly now in hindsight)
If you are going to try and be cute with posts, quote the whole conversation. I have been wrong about nothing. I said he would have issues and he has. I said he would be on a learning cure and he has. I said the basic little things would be problems and they have.

You have been anti-Kap as long as I can remember. Objectivity is not your strong suit on this subject.
Originally posted by socalniner:
needs to trim the WTF? moments before the playoffs

You are not the first person to post that in here. Can you please elaborate on the "WTF?" moments that you speak of? Apart from the bad pitch, I am failing to see any of these momentS (I dont count the safety like some of you do because it was improperly called and shouldnt be held against him).
..... I have been wrong about nothing. I said he would have issues and he has.........

A rookie QB with 4 starts going into the playing environments he has. Kinda stating the obvious. And here is one for you. He isn't perfect. So you listing his imperfections weekly... again kinda obvious.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Dec 17, 2012 at 3:04 PM ]

Jreff, i know you are expressing your opinion..and everyone else see it but you keep saying it and saying it?

just wondering why do you go through the trouble?
It was WET WE RULED IT !

You have been anti-Kap as long as I can remember. Objectivity is not your strong suit on this subject.

go look up the Keap thread prior to the draft.....go look and see who was pushing for him to get drafted and who was arguing on why he was better than the rest.....you go look that up and tell me what you can find
[ Edited by jreff22 on Dec 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM ]
No doubt the weather sucked, but this isn' the first game this has happened. Several fumbles have happened during the snap since we made the switch. Kap has fumbled 9 times this year. Tom Brady has fumbled 11 times in the past 4 years. He runs so that might not be fair, but Michael Vick never fumbled more than 13 times in a single season, Kap is on pace to have fumbled something like 22 times over 16 games. That's not good by any measure, and it's not simply the weather.

I like Kap quite a bit and after last night I'm certainly convinced he's got the ability to be elite, but I'm also not going to pretend that this isn't a cause for concern. I'm not saying he shouldn't be playing, I'm saying he needs to improve before the playoffs.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Jreff, i know you are expressing your opinion..and everyone else see it but you keep saying it and saying it?

Saying what? My opinion is he has yet to play a game like he did in Chicago. He still needs to do the little things right on a consistent basis. I dont care about 300 yards passing nor do I care about breaking off a 50 yard run once in a while. I want to see him play fundamentally smart football, that means not fumbling multiple snaps, and not dropping the ball on a consistent basis week after week. He did a lot right but the little things make a good player great and that's what I expect from him. I dont care if it was raining, that would not of been an excuse in the NFCCG. I want to see long sustained drives, something that did not happen in the 2nd half. This was a great bounce back game but the fumbles are killing me. He has been a pro for almost 2 years, I can deal with INT's on disguised coverages, he is still learning to read a D. But taking a snap is something that should be basic and a non-issue. Between the fumbles, the INT, Akers going full retard again, and Walker being an ass hat......we had 7 killed drives, 7. Think about that number, its big.

Without the massive amount of turnovers the D got, this game could've been a whole lot closer because we became static from the mistakes. I dont want to play the counter factual game because its not reality but even you need to and must acknowledge we cant win without serious luck from those kinds of mistakes. Had Walker fumbled 4 times and even got the ball back you would be screaming at him, like I would. I have become accustomed to clean games with little to no mistakes, the bar is high but I expect him to play to that level. His reads are getting better and is command at the line has improved immensely, I cant recall too much time getting wasted yesterday. But the mistakes were very apparent yesterday and calling them out is not hating. Hating would be dogging him out for not throwing 300 yards.

IMO what needs to get fixed in a hurry" the snap exchange, his running with the ball and not keeping it tight, and dropping back 10+ yards and getting sacked. Easily fixed but have been an issue for weeks and I dont get why its still happening.
I think his game yesterday was as good as the Chicago game.

How many QBs have won a road game in New England in the month of December over the past 10 years?

A clean game was not happening last night no matter who was playing and a clean and safe game wouldn't have been enough to win. Kaepernick won it with his arm.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Saying what? My opinion is he has yet to play a game like he did in Chicago. He still needs to do the little things right on a consistent basis. I dont care about 300 yards passing nor do I care about breaking off a 50 yard run once in a while. I want to see him play fundamentally smart football, that means not fumbling multiple snaps, and not dropping the ball on a consistent basis week after week. He did a lot right but the little things make a good player great and that's what I expect from him. I dont care if it was raining, that would not of been an excuse in the NFCCG. I want to see long sustained drives, something that did not happen in the 2nd half. This was a great bounce back game but the fumbles are killing me. He has been a pro for almost 2 years, I can deal with INT's on disguised coverages, he is still learning to read a D. But taking a snap is something that should be basic and a non-issue. Between the fumbles, the INT, Akers going full retard again, and Walker being an ass hat......we had 7 killed drives, 7. Think about that number, its big.

Without the massive amount of turnovers the D got, this game could've been a whole lot closer because we became static from the mistakes. I dont want to play the counter factual game because its not reality but even you need to and must acknowledge we cant win without serious luck from those kinds of mistakes. Had Walker fumbled 4 times and even got the ball back you would be screaming at him, like I would. I have become accustomed to clean games with little to no mistakes, the bar is high but I expect him to play to that level. His reads are getting better and is command at the line has improved immensely, I cant recall too much time getting wasted yesterday. But the mistakes were very apparent yesterday and calling them out is not hating. Hating would be dogging him out for not throwing 300 yards.

IMO what needs to get fixed in a hurry" the snap exchange, his running with the ball and not keeping it tight, and dropping back 10+ yards and getting sacked. Easily fixed but have been an issue for weeks and I dont get why its still happening.

You just never have positive things to say about Kaep. If i recall last week you complained that he didn't throw 1 TD pass even though the Niners scored rushing TDs. Now that he had 4 TDs in a game you find some other fault. I agree that Kaep needs to work on things, but to knit pick everything after such a great win is mind blowing to me. Just be happy and celebrate a tough road victory against a team that hasn't lost at home in December since 2001.
Originally posted by dwy621:
You just never have positive things to say about Kaep. If i recall last week you complained that he didn't throw 1 TD pass even though the Niners scored rushing TDs. Now that he had 4 TDs in a game you find some other fault. I agree that Kaep needs to work on things, but to knit pick everything after such a great win is mind blowing to me. Just be happy and celebrate a tough road victory against a team that hasn't lost at home in December since 2001.

Was that the only home December loss in this millennium and who was the QB?

Edit: Was it 2000 when Shane Matthews and the Bears beat Bledsoe?
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 17, 2012 at 3:46 PM ]