LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

5 fumbles and a pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Grifter420:
Gotta love how Kaep said after the game that the fumble is his fault and didn't throw Goodwin under the bus. Give him time. It's only his 5th star not his 8th year.. Plus it was raining like crazy last night plus Goodwin was more use to snapping the ball in the gun because majority of the time NO run shotgun. As for the int. I have no problem with it because Devin McCourty did make a good play plus the ball kind of hung in there because he was throwing against the wind. I mean yeah he could've check it down but that's not how Kaep rolls.

Kaepernick is a class act and a stand-up guy, just like the QB he replaced. He could have easily said something about Wilfork, implying that Goodwin was having a tough time (which he was, because Wilfork is ridiculous). That's probably the line Tom Brady would have taken.
Alex smith to the jets Kc AZ SD.. there is a market. more pix more pix
ZERO fumbles lost
I don't want to see AS play elsewhere in the division.
[ Edited by VA49er on Dec 17, 2012 at 12:30 PM ]
needs to trim the WTF? moments before the playoffs
since the other QB thread is closed, I'll post here even though I don't want to be in this thread..lol.

but that snap that Kaep fumbled near the goal line that Gore turned into a TD... crazy enough, Kaep had a pretty good block on a defender to help Gore get in.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
since the other QB thread is closed, I'll post here even though I don't want to be in this thread..lol.

but that snap that Kaep fumbled near the goal line that Gore turned into a TD... crazy enough, Kaep had a pretty good block on a defender to help Gore get in.

i noticed that, glad the ball bounced in the right direction
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Yeah this isnt a new problem and its not because of the weather. Ball wasnt slipping out he pulling back before he had it, and hes fumbles snaps in other games. Also Brady took almost 100 snaps and didnt fumble any. Its fixabpe but it needa addressed. Its a common problem with shotgun QBs.

Actually it was slipping through his hands. Harbaugh addressed what was happening in his post game. In wet weather like this you have to make minor changes in your hand postion. I think Harbaugh stated that it was about a half inch change in the position of each hand. They made those adjustments and the problem pretty much went away in the second half. This is the first wet/cold game when he has gone under center.

In college he played such games in the pistol.
I was at the game. The weather was horrible and is certainly to blame for the fumbles.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Does that make you feel good going forward?

If this does not make you happy (winning the game), you really are a malcontent. Or is it that you have been so wrong about the QB spot this year? (Please see the member's many posts that look pretty silly now in hindsight)

Originally posted by diablo:
I was at the game. The weather was horrible and is certainly to blame for the fumbles.

we could be playing a cold wet game against Sea......this cant happen again
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Does that make you feel good going forward?

If this does not make you happy (winning the game), you really are a malcontent. Or is it that you have been so wrong about the QB spot this year? (Please see the member's many posts that look pretty silly now in hindsight)
If you are going to try and be cute with posts, quote the whole conversation. I have been wrong about nothing. I said he would have issues and he has. I said he would be on a learning cure and he has. I said the basic little things would be problems and they have.
tom brady and the patsies had a ton of turnovers too dude. the weather was retarded, it happens. maybe colin has small hands too lol
Originally posted by diablo:

we could be playing a cold wet game against Sea......this cant happen again

Not like this. Trust me.
[ Edited by diablo on Dec 17, 2012 at 2:56 PM ]
Last week it was getting the plays in at a time. Going forward that could bed sooooo bad. Snaps is this week's imperfection.

Look Boy and Girls, the Kap RollerCoaster is a fun and sometimes a little hairy. I have watched all his games since High School. He will give you so much more good than bad but, he can lay the occasionally egg. He also has always had the ability to carry the team on his back (Don't think he has gotten there yet). You will find you have to take his good with his bad and he won't ever be perfect. But, it will be far more good than bad and will be glad he is the man going forward.
Having been a founding member of the Kap bandwagon.

You have to feel for Alex. The guy has been wonderful these past two years. He probably has the most character and integrity in the league. And we would in good shape to call him our starting QB but ......
Share 49ersWebzone