LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

5 fumbles and a pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
alex should not be discussed,, or dissed. lets just limit our thoughts to who the quarterback is now. the fumbles upset me at the time but looking back we overcame them. it was bad weather and ck looks more comfy in the pistol. Plus we did not have any issues in the second half. agree with 80's. walkers fumble was more tragic. ck made a couple of mistakes but my lord, he made way many more positive plays. no need to nitpick. we are lucky we have done something we have not done for a long time, go to green bay and new england and win. i b***hed and moaned after we won last sunday losing track of the fact that the name of the game at this time of the year when you are locked in mortal combat for the division is winning

I never brought up Alex...and quite pointedly commented that I hadn't a few pages into this thread. I don't want this to turn into an Alex vs Kaep thread. That would be pointless. All I wanted to do is address a big concern. Fumbles on the snap. Did we overcome it this game? Yes. did Kaep look amazing? Yes. But, we lost a lot of opportunities and put this game at risk. The defense was Fing amazing and the offense did well overall...but if anyone thinks that this is not a problem that needs to be addressed then they are in denial. I'm not saying it can't be fixed or Kaep wasn't amazing...but these kind of mistakes are not always easy to overcome and rather than depend on amazing play all the time, I'd prefer to see it cleaned up. I put this on a little higher concern as making penalties because of the risk involved....we're fortunate that those fumbles didn't result in turnovers.

We shouldn't see one of these in a game...that we had 5 and still won is amazing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ever9ers:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
why are people hating on Kaepernick after we beat the #1 team in the NFL at their house???

this is ridiculous!!!! and sickening...

bunch of babys

People here seem to think that Alex was an elite QB...
some b***hed about alex when we went to green bay and did something young could never do so it works both ways. i think its time for it to all die. he will not be on the team next year, the only alex threads will be in the nfl section and we just have to figure out what we will do for a back up to ck next year
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Played great, but that is a whole lot of mistakes....

The whole field was a swimming pool in the beginning of the game. Both teams kept squirting balls away. You won't see that on a normal game.

I guess perception is everything...thought the pats only had one fumble? Will go double check.

San Francisco had six not five fumbles.

Kaepernick had four fumbles. Walker and Ginn had one each. Walker's fumble was recovered by NE.

New England had two not one fumble. SF recovered both of them.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Hats off to CK. No way we win this game with Alex at QB....no way. I can live with one interception and the fumbles will get fixed soon.

CK just went in and beat NE in NE in December! Plus he had 4 TDs and a nice QB rating. Let's rally around this kid and stop nick picking!

alex should not be discussed,, or dissed. lets just limit our thoughts to who the quarterback is now. the fumbles upset me at the time but looking back we overcame them. it was bad weather and ck looks more comfy in the pistol. Plus we did not have any issues in the second half. agree with 80's. walkers fumble was more tragic. ck made a couple of mistakes but my lord, he made way many more positive plays. no need to nitpick. we are lucky we have done something we have not done for a long time, go to green bay and new england and win. i b***hed and moaned after we won last sunday losing track of the fact that the name of the game at this time of the year when you are locked in mortal combat for the division is winning

Sorry but the original post is so off base. No way Alex would have won? He beat Greenbay in Greenbay. He's been playing at a top ten qb level before he was benched due to injury. Kap played a good game, but who are you to say Alex couldn't have played well as well? Let's not forget this was a team effort and our defense played a HUGE role in us winning the game. Stop hating on one quarterback or the other. We should be happy that we have two very good quarterbacks on this team.
great game overall!!! Loved CKs development , but once more the D bailed him out with stellar turnover rich play.. oh and the ball bounced his way on 4 of the five fumbles.. killer win tho!!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
I think Goodwin was more worried about getting to his blocking assignment, than getting the ball to his qb's hands.

Kaep said it was 100% on him...but okay.

That is exactly what Kaepernick should say.

I happen to think problems with the under the center interchange are on both, but mainly on Kaepernick.

But, the errant snaps, mostly low, in the shotgun are on Goodwin.
Originally posted by 4ever9ers:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
why are people hating on Kaepernick after we beat the #1 team in the NFL at their house???

this is ridiculous!!!! and sickening...

bunch of babys

People here seem to think that Alex was an elite QB...
some b***hed about alex when we went to green bay and did something young could never do so it works both ways. i think its time for it to all die. he will not be on the team next year, the only alex threads will be in the nfl section and we just have to figure out what we will do for a back up to ck next year
Tolzien is the back up...when he suited up last night ..some Pats sphincters tightened up
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I never brought up Alex...and quite pointedly commented that I hadn't a few pages into this thread. I don't want this to turn into an Alex vs Kaep thread. That would be pointless. All I wanted to do is address a big concern. Fumbles on the snap. Did we overcome it this game? Yes. did Kaep look amazing? Yes. But, we lost a lot of opportunities and put this game at risk. The defense was Fing amazing and the offense did well overall...but if anyone thinks that this is not a problem that needs to be addressed then they are in denial. I'm not saying it can't be fixed or Kaep wasn't amazing...but these kind of mistakes are not always easy to overcome and rather than depend on amazing play all the time, I'd prefer to see it cleaned up. I put this on a little higher concern as making penalties because of the risk involved....we're fortunate that those fumbles didn't result in turnovers.

We shouldn't see one of these in a game...that we had 5 and still won is amazing.
i understand and i agree with you on all those things. i think it is very ok to be critical of ck the coaches, the team whoever and not have to be labled a hater or non fan. the penalities have worried me more as the fumbles appeared to be an isolated thing i can blame on the weather,. Now as a poster once said,, maybe i am just whistling past the end zone but the bad snaps i saw last night were not tragic at the end of the day. AT THE TIME i got a little nuts and you are right,, we got very very lucky.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Tolzien is the back up...when he suited up last night ..some Pats sphincters tightened up
mm. i did not see that happen with that part of their bodies.. you must have better eyes than me i am sure they will bring in a vet and i hope not spend a draft pick on a qb. But that is a topic for another day
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Hats off to CK. No way we win this game with Alex at QB....no way. I can live with one interception and the fumbles will get fixed soon.

CK just went in and beat NE in NE in December! Plus he had 4 TDs and a nice QB rating. Let's rally around this kid and stop nick picking!

No way win this game without this defense PERIOD.
i love both sides of the ball last night overall but our defense sort of let them back in and our special teams and offense got it back together. then to their credit, as i am sure they were very tired ,the d made two stands at the end of the game. we finished the game strong and that is what good teams do. i b***hed about them not doing that last week and they did the job last night

mm. i did not see that happen with that part of their bodies.. you must have better eyes than me i am sure they will bring in a vet and i hope not spend a draft pick on a qb. But that is a topic for another day

lol...yes that is next years topic...even though i think AS gets cut then restructures
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lol...yes that is next years topic...even though i think AS gets cut then restructures
i hope not. i love alex to death but we do not need that type of drama two years in a row. there are plenty of teams he can go to like arizona or miami. as much as i like alex i do not want that drama for our team again.
Did Kaepernick have 5 fumbles and 1 INT? Yes. But he also had 4 TD's and completed 14 out of 25 passes for 216 yds and an average of 8.6 yds per per pass. Also threw the go ahead TD which ultimately lead us to sealing and winning the game. Not bad if you ask me.

Up until last night, I don't think Kap bobbled or botched the snap once. The conditions for the most part were horrible and once he was equppied with a glove on his left hand, he didn't have any further problems with the snap. Again, this is something he will learn and improve on.

Beating the Pats at home is no easy task. Most ppl gave us no chance to win. Our D AND Kaepernick were huge reasons why we won. If ppl still can't get behind Kaepernick when we all know he WILL be our starting QB the rest of the season and the playoffs, you might as well find a new team to root for.
i hope not. i love alex to death but we do not need that type of drama two years in a row. there are plenty of teams he can go to like arizona or miami. as much as i like alex i do not want that drama for our team again.
Forgot about that part..but its mostly Message board fodder...i'm hoping.

Tannenhill looks good..dont think AS would go there on his own.

AZ not sure..if the team would trade him there and not sure if AS would want to face our Defense and be close our team/Division.
Gotta love how Kaep said after the game that the fumble is his fault and didn't throw Goodwin under the bus. Give him time. It's only his 5th star not his 8th year.. Plus it was raining like crazy last night plus Goodwin was more use to snapping the ball in the gun because majority of the time NO run shotgun. As for the int. I have no problem with it because Devin McCourty did make a good play plus the ball kind of hung in there because he was throwing against the wind. I mean yeah he could've check it down but that's not how Kaep rolls.
Share 49ersWebzone