There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

5 fumbles and a pick

Originally posted by vaden:
It tells us that QB rating doesn't account for fumbles or the fact that half our drives started in NE territory.

We've had the best field starting position for some time now. Did you dismiss Smith's rating because of that?
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
That Colin played a good game and caught a lot of lucky breaks... it's not difficult to understand.

I didn't see many lucky breaks. Certainly no more for the Niners than the Pats.

I saw 5. If you didn't see them, you obviously weren't watching the game.

4 fumbles and an INT that slipped through the defender's hands in the end zone.

Keep pretending like it doesn't matter though... these things tend to bite you in the ass in high pressure situations, like the playoffs, if they aren't fixed.

You keep throwing up a statline to someone who agrees Colin played a good game. Why? Do you have anything else to add, or are you just going to keep pasting 107.7 up?

you remember 1-12 on 3rd down last year against the giants in the NFCCG? please dont act like you're not a Kaep hater and Alex supporter.

Nothing to add, so default to calling me a hater. Cool.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It tells us that QB rating doesn't account for fumbles or the fact that half our drives started in NE territory.

We've had the best field starting position for some time now. Did you dismiss Smith's rating because of that?

this year it hasnt happened
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Our defense is a hell of a lot better than thiers...but yes, that is true. The first half was amazing...it is hard to put Brady on his heels like that.

He outplayed Brady in Brady's house. It was a huge game by Kaepernick, Niner fans might be talking about it for many years to come.

You wouldn't be saying that if we'd only recovered 2 of Kaep's 4 fumbles and thus lost the game. This game was won because of lucky bounces. We can't depend on luck to win a SB. I hope Kaep and the coaching staff aren't dismissing the fumbles like so many here are. It's a serious problem.

If Ifs Were Fifths We'd All Be Drunk. The mishandled snaps were an issue but it will be addressed. Fumbled snaps recovered behind the LOS are not a function of luck.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Keap completed 1 3rd down in the 2nd half...

How many in the first?

Right. Field position and takeaways are nothing new for this team. Throwing four TD passes however, IS something new.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hofer36:
the people that seem overly sensitive to any meaningful crtique of kaerpernick's play dont seem to get that bringing smith into the equation just brings on more scrutiny of kaepernick

i feel it is right to praise kaepernick for what i think was his best game, despite the botched snaps and the interception..but if you want to take a pot shot at smith then you need to hear that kaerpernick had some problems tonite which may end up costing the niners in the playoffs

*an overthrow of davis for a sure td
*davis only 1 catch in entire game--still no kaerper-chemistry
*the 4 tds were vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league--
*none of the passes tonite for tds were into particularly tight windows--on the 1st moss and wlaker had both beaten the coverage, no one tried to pick up walker until it was way too late---and the td to crabtree to seal win was low, so that crabtree's going down and forward for the ball helped him move out of the grasp of the tackler
* 3 and out in 3rd quarter more than once to allow pats back into the game

im done with these points, ready to move on, go on record that i still feel that harbaugh made the wrong choice in making the qb switch but that i cant do anything but accept it and root for niners this year to go to the big game and for smith to hook up with a good team in 2013 (btw the way goldson is playing i dont think smith's salary is going to be enough to resign him)---if the usual suspects still feel the need to prop kaepernick by bashing smith, you can debate it with others

this is the worst analysis i've ever read

and your comment is so illuminating--why dont you tell me where im wrong? maybe my stats are not up to date and the pats have the best pass defense in the league --i dont think...maybe davis caught more than 1 pass and i missed it--cmon share your wisdom with me

it's a completely slanted, biased analysis

all the talk coming into the game was how much the new england defense had improved, how belichick would scheme colin to death. he threw 4 TDs against the number #1 team in the league @NE. "none of his passes were into tight windows" are you kidding me?

if you wanna criticize him (and i know you're dying to), his fumbled snaps are a legit problem. he needs to get that s**t corrected. but all in all the positives GREATLY outweigh the negatives.
  • vaden
  • Veteran

Show me the game with Alex where half our drives started in enemy territory. I doubt it's ever happened, let alone been typical.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Our defense is a hell of a lot better than thiers...but yes, that is true. The first half was amazing...it is hard to put Brady on his heels like that.

He outplayed Brady in Brady's house. It was a huge game by Kaepernick, Niner fans might be talking about it for many years to come.

You wouldn't be saying that if we'd only recovered 2 of Kaep's 4 fumbles and thus lost the game. This game was won because of lucky bounces. We can't depend on luck to win a SB. I hope Kaep and the coaching staff aren't dismissing the fumbles like so many here are. It's a serious problem.

If Ifs Were Fifths We'd All Be Drunk. The mishandled snaps were an issue but it will be addressed. Fumbled snaps recovered behind the LOS are not a function of luck.

So the couple times when the Pats had their hands on the ball is not a function of luck? Or the fact that the ball bounced in a way advantageous to us?

Here's an if if if:

If this doesn't get fixed, we are going to lose. And, since no progress has been made in the past few weeks, it's ok to worry about this.
Show me the game with Alex where half our drives started in enemy territory. I doubt it's ever happened, let alone been typical.

I'll show you the stat that we were #1 in field position last year and led the league in turnovers.
Kap throwing 4 TD passes tonight..... Last time a 49er QB did that? 2003.

I forget who was it that recovered the fumbles? Hummm, oh yeah, it was Kap for 3 and Gire one for a TD, oh has been said; a very cold and rainy night with 23 wind chill, still pretty good. It was also noted that Goodwin was making a lot of very low snaps...

Also noted, Toilzen suited up and was active, what does this tell you? Maybe JH knows Smith will not be around next year and is even now, getting ready to ease him in as the backup. Wish Smith well wherever he goes, but his time is up in SF,and it SURE would be grand if his time was up here on the boards...

Now' I'm gonna enjoy this win the rest of the day and thro the week, leading up to a whipping of that little QB in Seattle.. NINERS!!!
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Kap throwing 4 TD passes tonight..... Last time a 49er QB did that? 2003.

Wow...Not even the great J.T. O'Smelling Salts pulled that off.

Colin Kaepernick, you have my stamp of approval
  • vaden
  • Veteran

I'll show you the stat that we were #1 in field position last year and led the league in turnovers.

Great, but our average field position with Alex doesn't compare to our favorable field position in this game. It's a ridiculous comparison.
Call me next time we're in freezing rain and Kaep has issues with 4 or 5 snaps..until that happens, which will be never, I will enjoy the 4 TD performance since we haven't had that in a decade. I'll feel even better keeping in mind this rookie played a major if not the key role in beating a team who was riding a ten year winning streak at home in December, and we did it against a defense that held "the best team in football" to 3 points last week. Cheers, Kaep! Suck on, trolls