There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

5 fumbles and a pick

• vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Our defense is a hell of a lot better than thiers...but yes, that is true. The first half was amazing...it is hard to put Brady on his heels like that.

He outplayed Brady in Brady's house. It was a huge game by Kaepernick, Niner fans might be talking about it for many years to come.

You wouldn't be saying that if we'd only recovered 2 of Kaep's 4 fumbles and thus lost the game. This game was won because of lucky bounces. We can't depend on luck to win a SB. I hope Kaep and the coaching staff aren't dismissing the fumbles like so many here are. It's a serious problem.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mkmasn:
That Colin played a good game and caught a lot of lucky breaks... it's not difficult to understand.

I didn't see many lucky breaks. Certainly no more for the Niners than the Pats.

I saw 5. If you didn't see them, you obviously weren't watching the game.

4 fumbles and an INT that slipped through the defender's hands in the end zone.

Keep pretending like it doesn't matter though... these things tend to bite you in the ass in high pressure situations, like the playoffs, if they aren't fixed.

You keep throwing up a statline to someone who agrees Colin played a good game. Why? Do you have anything else to add, or are you just going to keep pasting 107.7 up?

you remember 1-12 on 3rd down last year against the giants in the NFCCG? please dont act like you're not a Kaep hater and Alex supporter.
Originally posted by Amir:
That Colin played a good game and caught a lot of lucky breaks... it's not difficult to understand.

Keep pretending like it doesn't matter though... these things tend to bite you in the ass in high pressure situations, like the playoffs, if they aren't fixed.

You keep throwing up a statline to someone who agrees Colin played a good game. Why? Do you have anything else to add, or are you just going to keep pasting 107.7 up?

you remember 1-12 on 3rd down last year against the giants in the NFCCG? please dont act like you're not a Kaep hater and Alex supporter.

Keap completed 1 3rd down in the 2nd half...
Colin played a good game, but it's too easy to overlook those fumbles because we won. They stalled drives and could have ended up bad for us. We caught a lot of lucky breaks tonight.

I LOLed at that touchdown fumble recovery by Gore. That was such a bizarre play, the ball just fell down, Gore grabbed it, stopped, looked around and all of a sudden the defense parted like the Red Sea.

Thank you!! Wtf??
Playoff games tend to be in cold rainy/ snowy weather. This is definetily an issue that can bite us in the ***.

That being said the debate is over with. Just get use to rooting for Kap and hoping he can fix these issues because there's no turning back now.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yet he still didn't lose

That tends to happen when you have a 4 touchdown lead and start to play conservatively.
  • Amir
  • Veteran

we scored 20 plus in the second half.

How many in the first?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Colin played a good game, but it's too easy to overlook those fumbles because we won. They stalled drives and could have ended up bad for us. We caught a lot of lucky breaks tonight.

What does the 107.7 QB Rating tell us?

It tells us that QB rating doesn't account for fumbles or the fact that half our drives started in NE territory.
why are people hating on Kaepernick after we beat the #1 team in the NFL at their house???

this is ridiculous!!!! and sickening...

bunch of babys
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hofer36:
the people that seem overly sensitive to any meaningful crtique of kaerpernick's play dont seem to get that bringing smith into the equation just brings on more scrutiny of kaepernick

i feel it is right to praise kaepernick for what i think was his best game, despite the botched snaps and the interception..but if you want to take a pot shot at smith then you need to hear that kaerpernick had some problems tonite which may end up costing the niners in the playoffs

*an overthrow of davis for a sure td
*davis only 1 catch in entire game--still no kaerper-chemistry
*the 4 tds were vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league--
*none of the passes tonite for tds were into particularly tight windows--on the 1st moss and wlaker had both beaten the coverage, no one tried to pick up walker until it was way too late---and the td to crabtree to seal win was low, so that crabtree's going down and forward for the ball helped him move out of the grasp of the tackler
* 3 and out in 3rd quarter more than once to allow pats back into the game

im done with these points, ready to move on, go on record that i still feel that harbaugh made the wrong choice in making the qb switch but that i cant do anything but accept it and root for niners this year to go to the big game and for smith to hook up with a good team in 2013 (btw the way goldson is playing i dont think smith's salary is going to be enough to resign him)---if the usual suspects still feel the need to prop kaepernick by bashing smith, you can debate it with others

this is the worst analysis i've ever read

and your comment is so illuminating--why dont you tell me where im wrong? maybe my stats are not up to date and the pats have the best pass defense in the league --i dont think...maybe davis caught more than 1 pass and i missed it--cmon share your wisdom with me
[ Edited by hofer36 on Dec 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM ]
Good lord some of you guys take everything as an attack, chill out. Kap played really great today but also made a lot of mistakes that need to be addressed. Had one of those fumbles gone the other way we would have been in a different situation. Weather is not an excuse, football is played outside and we need to function in the rain.

I guarante that the coaches and CK are not happy about those fumbles.
JETW