LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Conservative coaching almost cost us game!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The first half was amazing, but a 21 point lead vs the Patriots, who regularly score more than 40 points a game, is not a guaranteed win!

We cannot go conservative, running it 3 times in a row, against Tom Brady!

We need to fix our second-half coaching and play-calling, we need to keep building our lead, especially against explosive offenses like the Patriots.

EDIT: I know it was a good win and I am super happy, but what is up with Harbaugh wanting every game to be close! If you seal the game off early, you could save lives, heart attacks could be prevented lol!
[ Edited by SneakySniper on Dec 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM ]
Admit it, it was scary watching Tom Brady catch up that fast!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Tough to change defenses when facing a team who does the best job at running the hurry up offense.
this is typical niner talk. Stop b***hing and enjoy the win.
Super scary! I hate the zone prevent against elite QB's. I'm fine with it against the bottom two thirds of the NFL, but Brady/Manning/Manning/Brees/Rodgers? No thanks.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Tough to change defenses when facing a team who does the best job at running the hurry up offense.

Not on defense, on offense.

We let them come back from a 28-point lead!

I am happy with the win, it was good, but we cannot be afraid to keep adding points when we have a lead, especially against the Patriots.
We all know what NE can do on offense. I think fans got too comfy with that big early lead. That first half is not the typical NE play. I think if we play them again in the SB they win.
Pats were gifted a TD on that b******t PI call on Brown that gave them 40 free yards.
It's amazing how often this happens in sports. Not just football, but baseball, hockey, basketball, etc. A team jumps out to a huge lead and they become unsure of how to coach, play, etc. I've seen it happen so many times in my lifetime, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still shock the hell out of me whenever I see it happen.

Originally posted by pdizo916:

Like I said I am happy, but you have to admit, Bill Belichick out-coached Harbaugh for the entire second half!

28 points in, what, 10 minutes?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
It will be conveniently forgotten and no lesson will be learned because this was a win.
Good coaching also won us the 1st half and the game.
Originally posted by kingairta:
We all know what NE can do on offense. I think the defense got too comfy with that big early lead. That first half is not the typical NE play. I think if we play them again in the SB they win.

fixed

Originally posted by SneakySniper:
Like I said I am happy, but you have to admit, Bill Belichick out-coached Harbaugh for the entire second half!

28 points in, what, 10 minutes?

28 points in 15 minutes.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Did we win the SB? Plenty of things that still need fixing.
Share 49ersWebzone