There are 228 users in the forums

Conservative coaching almost cost us game!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kingairta:
We all know what NE can do on offense. I think fans got too comfy with that big early lead. That first half is not the typical NE play. I think if we play them again in the SB they win.

Ugh.
Originally posted by kray28:
It will be conveniently forgotten and no lesson will be learned because this was a win.

Originally posted by SneakySniper:
Tough to change defenses when facing a team who does the best job at running the hurry up offense.

Not on defense, on offense.

We let them come back from a 28-point lead!

I am happy with the win, it was good, but we cannot be afraid to keep adding points when we have a lead, especially against the Patriots.

The Offense didn't give up 4 tds in four drives. It was uptown the d to get off the field. We all know our offense is suspect in third down conversions.
I think the switch to zone coverage was done to prevent... but obviously Tom was shredding us. Not sure why we didn't switch back until we were tied... but it worked afterward. I think THIS was the only real bad play calling. Sure we ran on a couple of possessions 3 times, but up 28-21 and running the way we were, I was okay with it

Down to 14-7 point win, definitely needed to start going back to the pass a bit more.

Need to stick with what's working and not just bend-not-break mentality on defense.

It looks like our weakness is getting spread out and running no huddle. Luckily nobody can do it like Brady.
The Offense didn't give up 4 tds in four drives. It was uptown the d to get off the field. We all know our offense is suspect in third down conversions.

The offense didn't help by having all of those 3 and outs. They didn't chew up more than 2 minutes on any drive in the 2nd half.
Harbaugh managed the game perfectly. When they needed Kaepernick to make the throw and regain the lead, he did.

They ran the ball three consecutive times just twice. In both instances, the game clock was under 5:00. In the end, the time ran off and timeouts forced led to the Patriots simply running out of time.
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
Tough to change defenses when facing a team who does the best job at running the hurry up offense.

Not on defense, on offense.

We let them come back from a 28-point lead!

I am happy with the win, it was good, but we cannot be afraid to keep adding points when we have a lead, especially against the Patriots.

Think about this way, if the offense keeps on putting points on the board, which it clearly did with ease with Kaepernick at the helm (4 touchdowns anyone?) the defense would not have to play as good against a explosive offense against one of the best quarterbacks to ever play!
I almost had a heart attack tonight!!!! I went through 2 jerseys and 2 Beanies before I got the right combination for the win Living in so cal the niners looked almost like the chargers during the second half. I hate it when they run he ball up the middle 3 times when it we have it within the 20. I know all we needed was a fg to make 2 score game but at least play action it once and go for it.
Offense did its job.

The d not getting pressure on Brady on those drives kept the d on the field.
GINN almost cost us the Game! CUT HIM!!

Offense did its job.

The d not getting pressure on Brady on those drives kept the d on the field.

The offense did do its job, but the defense did its job too!

You cannot hold Tom Brady down forever!

All we need was for it to be 38-10, and the game would have been over, but we decided that 31-10 was a big enough lead, and went run heavy, when clearly the pass was doing wonders!
We really took it easy with that 31 - 3 lead. Almost cost us. Both on offense and defense.
Lol, credit the pats too people.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Harbaugh managed the game perfectly. When they needed Kaepernick to make the throw and regain the lead, he did.

They ran the ball three consecutive times just twice. In both instances, the game clock was under 5:00. In the end, the time ran off and timeouts forced led to the Patriots simply running out of time.

No, he didnt. 8 seconds left in the first half with a TO on the 5, and we run straight up the gut. That should have been a pass attempt to seal the game.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this is typical niner talk. Stop b***hing and enjoy the win.

Did we win the SB? Plenty of things that still need fixing.

Yeah, we were outgained by 137 yards and had a series of ridiculously lucky bounces that swung the entire game. The win is awesome but I think we'll have to play much better to win at Seattle and secure the bye, let alone win the SB. The Pats sure didn't come out of this game afraid of us or even thinking we're the better team.
Share 49ersWebzone