There are 124 users in the forums

Worried about our injuries tonight...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Next man up. Ain't got time to worry about the injuries. Worry about 'em after we win the Super Bowl.

Please we are already thin on D, we don't rotate anybody. Did Tarell Brown end up coming back in the game last night?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers DT Justin Smith will have MRI on left arm on Monday. He said he'll do everything he can to return quickly.

Now that we have clinched a playoff spot. I wouldn't be upset if he stayed on sideline to heal up
I wanna win bad in Seattle next week and show those douches they aren't on our level but truthfully, we need to look at the big picture and let guys heal if they need to. We can beat Az and win the division and get the #3 spot.

Just my opinion though.
Only injury that is of real concern is Cowboy. He is a very big piece of what we do. Gotta have him back for the playoffs. Here is hoping it will be something minor.
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Next man up. Ain't got time to worry about the injuries. Worry about 'em after we win the Super Bowl.

Please we are already thin on D, we don't rotate anybody. Did Tarell Brown end up coming back in the game last night?

Yes, only JS out of all the injuries stayed on the sidelines after getting banged up
When did Justin Smith get injured? Was it in correlation of our defnese falling apart? I was too caught up in the game to notice when he actually left.
If we can get these last 2 division wins, we should heal up relatively nicely with a bye week in tow. We need these next 2 wins
I think we are gonna be fine, even if Justine is out for the remainder of the season (which I doubt). Ricky Jean played well in relief. But it just shows we need to draft for Justine's replacement.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I think we are gonna be fine, even if Justine is out for the remainder of the season (which I doubt). Ricky Jean played well in relief. But it just shows we need to draft for Justine's replacement.

Justine is a girls name.
I'm gonna be on the site all day between checking this thread to see the extent of Justin's injury and the Dat Ass thread.

Great thread. Can we pin this one for the week, mods???

- M. Iupati came back into the game. I thought L. Davis played well in his absence, but I'd expect we will have Iupati against the Seahawkes.

- T. Brown also came back. Again, I think P. Cox played well as the backup. He provides good depth at CB. But I think Brown will be fine.

- I think Aldon Smith came back into the game, can someone else confirm? IMO this would be the biggest hit to our defense if he isn't 100%. Our depth an OLB is not very good.

- J. Smith did not finish the game. Honestly, I think we would be ok if we let Smith recover until the playoffs. RJF is a solid backup. Sopoaga could also some in for Smith in nickle formations.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
When did Justin Smith get injured? Was it in correlation of our defnese falling apart? I was too caught up in the game to notice when he actually left.

I believe he got hurt in the 3rd quarter... about when Brady started shredding us. But not having Smith in was not the reason for the Patriots comeback. They started to comeback because Harbaugh and Fangio underestimated Brady's ability to pick apart our zone coverage schemes. As soon as we switched back to man defense, Brady was neutralized again.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Yes, it did coincide.

Not identically as we started playing zone before he got hurt, but pretty much.

RJF is a good player. He will fill in nicely, but we have no depth at all. We already don't rotate our linemen enough as is.
Originally posted by blm7754:

- M. Iupati came back into the game. I thought L. Davis played well in his absence, but I'd expect we will have Iupati against the Seahawkes.

- T. Brown also came back. Again, I think P. Cox played well as the backup. He provides good depth at CB. But I think Brown will be fine.

- I think Aldon Smith came back into the game, can someone else confirm? IMO this would be the biggest hit to our defense if he isn't 100%. Our depth an OLB is not very good.

- J. Smith did not finish the game. Honestly, I think we would be ok if we let Smith recover until the playoffs. RJF is a solid backup. Sopoaga could also some in for Smith in nickle formations.

Yeah I think I heard Clark Haggans got hurt too. Also, Will Tukuafu played DT/DE on short yardage plays and made a great stop. So we have a little depth there just in case. Sopoaga should be fresh given all the passing teams we've played this year and 1/2 the snaps. He would also play RDE if needed with RJF playing NT or vice versa. Get healthy Justin...you are the heart/soul of this defense and Aldon struggled w/o you!
Originally posted by blm7754:

Yes Aldon came back and then got good pressure on Brady.

We need Smith healthy for the playoffs at a minimum. I'd hope to have him against the Seahawks as we have homefield still on the line.
Share 49ersWebzone