Not a member? Register Now!

THE "WE CLINCHED A PLAYOFF BERTH BITHCES!" THREAD

Originally posted by mkmasn:
Roman, Fangio and Akers:

You're on Notice.

Add some ginn to that drink
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
And that wasn't a called unsportsmanlike conduct for what reason?

Because it's Tom Brady.

Exactly. If Kap did that, flags would have been thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct. Would have only been funnier if the ball bounced back up and hit him square in the nads, forcing an injury timeout. I just get a kick out the outfits brady wears at the post game press conference. Looks like he picks out his outfits from Giselle's locker.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM ]
While I still do not expect ring # 6 this season, hey, it's always fun to take the playoff ride and hope it lasts a long time!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/85090/rapid-reaction-49ers-41-patriots-34

Kaepernick's four touchdown passes exceeded by one his total for the season before Sunday. The man he replaced, Alex Smith, never tossed more than three scoring passes in a game since San Francisco drafted him first overall in 2005. Kaepernick completed 14 of 25 passes for 216 yards with four touchdowns, one pick and a 107.7 NFL passer rating.

But he definitely did not pass the eye test. That was some more ugly QB play. Lucky bounces on those fumbles.

I agree with this. Kaep didn't pay the so called "eye test". He played great when we needed, which is awesome. But 5 fumbled snaps? I don't care if there's a frickin' hurricane. 5 fumbles snaps shouldn't happen all season, nonetheless in one game. We got lucky we only lost one of those... and that was on a failed fourth down play.

Kaep needs to get his center exchange down this week. That, and he's still got to read defenses better. Another bad pick this game. Thank Goodness we were nursing a 21-point lead at that point.

Other than that, Kaep played quite well.

But, playoffs two years running b*tches!!! Just need one win the next two weeks, or one Seattle loss, to clinch the NFC West two weeks running. I'm loving me some Niner football!
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
thank you Mr. Harbaugh to giving us 10+ wins for the second year

please stay with us for many more years

but get rid of Roman! and Fangio if he don't straighten his sh*t out!

Seriously! Those f**kers just barely beat Belichek and Brady in New England in December. Its not like that hasn't been done in a decade or something!

This...leave the damn coaches alone. This place is so damn critical. Like every play call is perfect on every team around the league. There are some tendancies that can get us in trouble now and then...but these coaches have made us so good that you can actually notice a bad play call. Please think back to recent history and remember that a bad call is now the exception not the rule!
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Seriously! Those f**kers just barely beat Belichek and Brady in New England in December. Its not like that hasn't been done in a decade or something!

This...leave the damn coaches alone. This place is so damn critical. Like every play call is perfect on every team around the league. There are some tendancies that can get us in trouble now and then...but these coaches have made us so good that you can actually notice a bad play call. Please think back to recent history and remember that a bad call is now the exception not the rule!

Wtf? You guys want to get rid of Fangio? Seriously? I understand some of the hate on Roman (although I still say he's doing a damn fine job, unless you guys want Raye back or something). But Fangio? #2 ranked defense in the league after facing Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Drew Brees. #5 in passing D after allowing Tom Brady throw for 445 yards against a prevent defense when we were up 28 points. Yes, we almost blew that lead, but when your offense goes 3 and out 3 or 4 times in row, how's that help your defense? The offense came out flat right after going up 28 points.

But we need Fangio for this defense. The guy has molded these plays into winners, along with Harbaugh. This defense is scary good. And holding Brady and the Pats to 3 points in the first half? That's great. The second half? Yeah, the boys need to go into the office and work on that 28-point lead defense, even if the offense is going 3 and out every drive. We did get one BS pass interference call against us, but hey, sometimes you've got play to the refs too. But, we beat the Patriots and Brady in December, only second time that's been done in a decade or something.

Props to the defense.
Here's my concern. The 49ers lack a dominant running game. They were unable to run the ball and control the clock when they had the lead. That was even more concerning to me than the defensive meltdown.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 17, 2012 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Wtf? You guys want to get rid of Fangio? Seriously? I understand some of the hate on Roman (although I still say he's doing a damn fine job, unless you guys want Raye back or something). But Fangio? #2 ranked defense in the league after facing Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Drew Brees. #5 in passing D after allowing Tom Brady throw for 445 yards against a prevent defense when we were up 28 points. Yes, we almost blew that lead, but when your offense goes 3 and out 3 or 4 times in row, how's that help your defense? The offense came out flat right after going up 28 points.

But we need Fangio for this defense. The guy has molded these plays into winners, along with Harbaugh. This defense is scary good. And holding Brady and the Pats to 3 points in the first half? That's great. The second half? Yeah, the boys need to go into the office and work on that 28-point lead defense, even if the offense is going 3 and out every drive. We did get one BS pass interference call against us, but hey, sometimes you've got play to the refs too. But, we beat the Patriots and Brady in December, only second time that's been done in a decade or something.

Props to the defense.

I wouldn't mind ripping out the Prevent packages of the defensive plays.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Props to the defense.

I wouldn't either. Prevent might work great against sh*t QBs, but against Brady, Brees, Rodgers and both Mannings, they pick that crap apart.

Brady had what? Four TDs in 12 mins against prevent D? Pathetic. But, again, no help from the offense going 3 and out so many times.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Roman, Fangio and Akers:

You're on Notice.

Add some ginn to that drink

Fangio isn't going anywhere. Odds are Roman isn't either unless he takes another job. But Ginn, Jacobs, Akers and maybe even Walker will be cut/not resigned.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Props to the defense.

I wouldn't either. Prevent might work great against sh*t QBs, but against Brady, Brees, Rodgers and both Mannings, they pick that crap apart.

Brady had what? Four TDs in 12 mins against prevent D? Pathetic. But, again, no help from the offense going 3 and out so many times.

Lets not forgot as well that on a couple of those touchdown drives, Brady got some tremendous help from some very questionable to terrible calls on the pass interference penalty as well as the call on Goldson.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Fangio isn't going anywhere. Odds are Roman isn't either unless he takes another job. But Ginn, Jacobs, Akers and maybe even Walker will be cut/not resigned.

Man after all the rough years, the negativity on the zone that caused me to stop posting, the frustration, the Alex Smith QB Saga, the horrible coaches from Erickson to Nolan to Singletary...it SURE FEELS GOOD TO BE GOOD AGAIN! I love this team....

Get rid of an elite DC.
[ Edited by SFrush on Dec 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM ]
Keep Roman and Fangio if that is possible (we know some teams will try to take them away from us), but recognize, analyze, learn from mistakes, and implement changes. Same thing with Kaepernick, recognize and learn from the relatively minor mistakes. The fumbles can be chalked up to the weather conditions, should still work on eliminating them because it could hurt us if we don't, but nothing to get too worked up over. We are in a good position with Kaepernick as our QB, certainly better than the alternative. There are holes on this team, but that doesn't make us different than any other team in the NFL, just something for the FO to try to pinpoint players in the draft(preferably) and FA to fill those holes. Glad to be back in the playoffs for the second year in a row, is nice to once again feel like we perennially have a shot at going to and winning the SB.