LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

willis lacking passion?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
from Pro footbal Weekly insiders column

"I don't know how badly (49ers LB Patrick) Willis is injured, but he's not playing with the same passion and fire that he did earlier in his career. When he knows he is blocked, which is happening a lot more often than it did in the past, he is not getting to the ball. Teams are doing a better job scheming, too, and making sure they are getting a body on him. (Fellow Niners ILB) NaVorro Bowman has been much more impactful this year."
People want to deny it, but there is something definitely different about Willis. You cant just say "oh teams are scheming around him" they have been doing that since the beginning of his career. He still has the talent, it just seems to me like he is not as well conditioned as he used to be and tires quickly.
Even if Willis
Hell no.... Bowman is doing a great job that doesnt allow Willis to do everything. This is a blessing not lack of passion.
Originally posted by spizzy:
People want to deny it, but there is something definitely different about Willis. You cant just say "oh teams are scheming around him" they have been doing that since the beginning of his career. He still has the talent, it just seems to me like he is not as well conditioned as he used to be and tires quickly.

We have the number one defense in the league. What more are you looking for.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
We have the number one defense in the league. What more are you looking for.

I'm not complaining about our defense. I'm not even complaining about Willis. I'm just pointing out that he looks tired out there and think thats the reason why he doesnt seem to sift through traffic to the ball carrier as well as he used to.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Sweet, now he will get a pick 6 tonight!

Thanks

Bunch of crap.
Willis puts the ass in passion
dont kill the messenger--i just saw the article and pass it along--it alludes to willis being injured...i also think bowman's great play may cause some to view willis in a lesser light, probably unfairly
Willis is Good, Bowman is just better
Originally posted by hofer36:
dont kill the messenger--i just saw the article and pass it along--it alludes to willis being injured...i also think bowman's great play may cause some to view willis in a lesser light, probably unfairly

this. with all of the great players around him. maybe he is not as worried about making the play, but will set someone else up to make it.
Share 49ersWebzone