There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Hello Niner fans.
I am only here for smack talk, I am on your forums so ill be as respectful to your members. Atleast ill only give what i get in that sense.
I'm not here to ask for respect for the Seahawks, You're niner fans, you dont have to respect them. And honestly i hope you dont ( because wheres the fun in that?)
But i just want to get my foot in the door with trash talk that way after the Hawks win, (not IF they win, but WHEN they win) i can return here and rub your faces in it. And not just show up after the win, a build up to it.
So let me start.
Its funny how you joke about this game only being the most rowdy on Sunday because of how rare playoff opportunities are. Ease up, Niners have 1 good season over the seahawks in the past little over a decade. This is has been our division for the decade, we were just renting it to you >=) for a season. We can still win it this season too ( probably not, i have no faith in the Cards)
I keep hearing about how Wilson, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, and so on, will have a tough day getting hit, Maybe true. BUT i seem to recall even in the last game at home, Lynch delivering more hits to your defense, more than hits he was taking. You should be more concerned about that. Just like Seahawks defense will need to worry about stopping Gore.
Niners AT Seahawks...believe the hype.
Remember...the team that goes into the playoffs hot is the most dangerous, Yes when the Seahawks win, they wont be in first place. BUT they will be riding an impressive winning streak into the playoffs...where as the Niners can just have a 1 game streak...hardly classifies as being " hot"
dont care if Tl;DR. Thought id come out swinging in enemy territory
Originally posted by ShadyHawk182:
Hello Niner fans.
I am only here for smack talk, I am on your forums so ill be as respectful to your members. Atleast ill only give what i get in that sense.
I'm not here to ask for respect for the Seahawks, You're niner fans, you dont have to respect them. And honestly i hope you dont ( because wheres the fun in that?)
But i just want to get my foot in the door with trash talk that way after the Hawks win, (not IF they win, but WHEN they win) i can return here and rub your faces in it. And not just show up after the win, a build up to it.
So let me start.
Its funny how you joke about this game only being the most rowdy on Sunday because of how rare playoff opportunities are. Ease up, Niners have 1 good season over the seahawks in the past little over a decade. This is has been our division for the decade, we were just renting it to you >=) for a season. We can still win it this season too ( probably not, i have no faith in the Cards)
I keep hearing about how Wilson, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, and so on, will have a tough day getting hit, Maybe true. BUT i seem to recall even in the last game at home, Lynch delivering more hits to your defense, more than hits he was taking. You should be more concerned about that. Just like Seahawks defense will need to worry about stopping Gore.
Niners AT Seahawks...believe the hype.
Remember...the team that goes into the playoffs hot is the most dangerous, Yes when the Seahawks win, they wont be in first place. BUT they will be riding an impressive winning streak into the playoffs...where as the Niners can just have a 1 game streak...hardly classifies as being " hot"
dont care if Tl;DR. Thought id come out swinging in enemy territory

First of all, quit talking about the past decade, because that doesn't even matter. If you really want to talk about irrelevant history, we can talk about the 49ers 5 superbowl rings to ZERO of your SB rings. And, you can talk about streaks all you want, but playing 3 crap teams in a row is hardly any momentum. Beating the Pats in Foxborough in Dec is a far more accomplishment than pounding on 2 bottom feeder teams.

Bottom line is this is going to be a tough game for both teams. The teams are practically built the same. Great D, great running game, young QBs with good arms and can run the ball well. I hope we get a slugfest out of this, but at the same time, I hope both teams can walk away injury free. Despite this game, I think both teams get into the playoffs.
Let's go Niners!!!! Beat those Seachickens~~~~
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
we'll beat the hawks then have a meltdown against the cards lol

If we beat the Hawks, we may sit some folks for the Cards game....just food for thought. Not sure how much Jim cares for taking the week off so much as just winning the division and then preparing for the task ahead.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by ShadyHawk182:
Hello Niner fans.
I am only here for smack talk, I am on your forums so ill be as respectful to your members. Atleast ill only give what i get in that sense.
I'm not here to ask for respect for the Seahawks, You're niner fans, you dont have to respect them. And honestly i hope you dont ( because wheres the fun in that?)
But i just want to get my foot in the door with trash talk that way after the Hawks win, (not IF they win, but WHEN they win) i can return here and rub your faces in it. And not just show up after the win, a build up to it.
So let me start.
Its funny how you joke about this game only being the most rowdy on Sunday because of how rare playoff opportunities are. Ease up, Niners have 1 good season over the seahawks in the past little over a decade. This is has been our division for the decade, we were just renting it to you >=) for a season. We can still win it this season too ( probably not, i have no faith in the Cards)
I keep hearing about how Wilson, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, and so on, will have a tough day getting hit, Maybe true. BUT i seem to recall even in the last game at home, Lynch delivering more hits to your defense, more than hits he was taking. You should be more concerned about that. Just like Seahawks defense will need to worry about stopping Gore.
Niners AT Seahawks...believe the hype.
Remember...the team that goes into the playoffs hot is the most dangerous, Yes when the Seahawks win, they wont be in first place. BUT they will be riding an impressive winning streak into the playoffs...where as the Niners can just have a 1 game streak...hardly classifies as being " hot"
dont care if Tl;DR. Thought id come out swinging in enemy territory

First of all, quit talking about the past decade, because that doesn't even matter. If you really want to talk about irrelevant history, we can talk about the 49ers 5 superbowl rings to ZERO of your SB rings. And, you can talk about streaks all you want, but playing 3 crap teams in a row is hardly any momentum. Beating the Pats in Foxborough in Dec is a far more accomplishment than pounding on 2 bottom feeder teams.

Bottom line is this is going to be a tough game for both teams. The teams are practically built the same. Great D, great running game, young QBs with good arms and can run the ball well. I hope we get a slugfest out of this, but at the same time, I hope both teams can walk away injury free. Despite this game, I think both teams get into the playoffs.

Agree with Four, I know we are supposed to get all worked up and hate on each other this week...but now that we are both essentially in I am just praying for no big injuries...lets talk all our shiz if we meet in the playoffs and just hope that both teams get through, what will be a massive slugfest without losing somebody important. I still want to beat you guys...but now its way more important to beat you when it matters and not waste time and energy on a game that amounts to bracket filling.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
we'll beat the hawks then have a meltdown against the cards lol

If we beat the Hawks, we may sit some folks for the Cards game....just food for thought. Not sure how much Jim cares for taking the week off so much as just winning the division and then preparing for the task ahead.

He cares a lot. Why would we sit some players for the Cardinals, when we could beat the cardinals, and then the whole team gets the week off...
If the Seahawks players who failed their drug tests are actually and justly suspended for Sunday's game, it will be an easy game. Too bad they cheated, I guess they needed to take something to compete at the 49ers level, but they must pay the penalty for doing so.

The key to the upcoming game is stopping Lynch. Or at least slowing him down enough to get off the field.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
we'll beat the hawks then have a meltdown against the cards lol

If we beat the Hawks, we may sit some folks for the Cards game....just food for thought. Not sure how much Jim cares for taking the week off so much as just winning the division and then preparing for the task ahead.

Not if we are still trying to nail down the second seed and a first round bye.
I am not entirely impressed with how our team plays after a bye to be honest, and I would wonder what Coach thinks too. Clearly we want home field though...so I am conflicted. Plus add in the fact that if we win at the Hawks and the Pack stumble...not likely but possible, we could not need the Cards game.
don't think anyone can argue when it comes to history , niners have an undeniable advantage.. however since we've been in the division, we have owned it for the most part... but who really cares... division championships are cool and all, but its not a SB championship, to be world champs is the only thing that matters in the big picture.

we should all be proud that this division is worth a crap again.. arguably two of the best teams in the NFC are in our division ( possibly 3 if rams continue to improve)... We both have two outstanding teams, with young qb's that will be battling for years to come.. i for one am enjoying football again for the first time in a very long time.. and the future is looking bright for both cities.

now down to business. it is more than likely sherman is out for our game... IMO our chances are slim at this point because i feel you have too many weapons , crabtree, manningham, davis and Moss to contend with , with our back up db's.... thurmond is a solid cover guy and lane looked pretty decent last week, but will that be enough to contain all those threats? our linebacking play has improved dramatically, but unfortunately covering backs and tight ends is still a weakness and, well you have one of the best at both positions... if trufant is healthy he'll be at nickle, and to be honest , he sucks, he's a shell of his former self, so there's another hole in our d.

it's going to be extremely hard to beat you guys with our starting CB's down, some of you think our safeties are our nucleus of the d, not true it's our cb's.. they play lock down man to man which allows us to free up our safties.. with these db's you'll probably see more zone , and we all know what that does, opens up the middle... i hope the 12th man can magically will this team to win, because they are going to need every bit of ju ju they can get..

i still think it'll be a tough game for both, but i see the niners squeaking it out... the only way i see us winning this is to beat you guys in a shoot out.. hope to god i'm wrong.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:17 AM ]
LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames
Excited for this week I can't even lie...

breakout game?
Originally posted by verb1der:
LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames
Excited for this week I can't even lie...

breakout game?
homecoming..sort of
It is going to be a tough game. But the 49ers have the advantage because they have played a game against the RW and the seahawks, the seahawks have not played a game against Kap and the 49ers. Plus,now that Crabtree is blowing up, they are going to have to pick between him and VD. The patriots ignored VD for one play and it was inches away from a TD. The seahawks are finally going to play a game with pressure on them to win. 49ers all the way!
I have come to the conclusion that Kaepernick is the starting QB for the Niners . . . at least in part because Harbaugh saw the success that Russell Wilson has had in Seattle and wanted to do everything he could to stay ahead of Pete Carroll.

Wilson took over in Seattle by beating out two veteran QBs for the job. He's got their offense on the move, improving, using all their weapons and scoring lots of points. He's not afraid to run the option and has a good arm and good instincts. He's very mobile, can run the ball if necessary and is good at avoiding pass rush.

Sound familiar?

It just seems like the Niners saw that its possible to bring in a young, talented QB who's a hard worker and put the offense into his hands. Thats been true this season in Indy and Washington, and in Seattle.

And I believe that after seeing Russell Wilson perform, week in and week out, in Seattle, Harbaugh and the NIners coaching staff decided to make the move to Kaepernick, who brings many of the same qualities--and more--to the field each week.

Plus he's tall enough to see over the o-line.

Beat the Seasmurfs!

Ann Killion ‏@annkillion Seattle Sunday night forecast: High 30s, wind and rain. #49ers