There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis might lose his job next year

Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Wah? We got an All-Pro in the 3rd round in Bowman and you want to leave him out of the conversation to call our draft that year a disaster?

Craziness. We also got Iupati in the first and Kyle Williams in the friggin' 6th, not mention a very solid special teams contributor in Dixon in the 6th, and Philip Adams - who iirc is starting for Oakland this year -- in the 6th.

You're free to like Anthony Davis or not, but save for the one big whiff on Mays, calling that draft a disaster is just crazy.

Whee! We took a guard and a right tackle in the top half of the first round, trading up for said right tackle. We took a safety who can't play safety in the 2nd, then bowman.
Is this a serious thread? According to ProFootballFocus.com, Anthony Davis is the top RT in the league (as of a few weeks ago).

Not to mention he was younger then most players taken in this years draft. If you don't consider that site credible, check this article.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/11/inside-the-49ers/midterm-report-card-anthony-davis/
E started off great... It's just since he time his finger
Davis will be playing RT here next year, barring some unforeseen catastrophe. You barely ever hear his name called, which means he's doing his job.

I haven't been able to record the last 5 games so I haven't been watching the games as in depth as i like. But just watching the game it seems like the 2 negatives that jump out are Goodwin's play and Iupati's penalties.
...If he gets a concussion.

Harbaugh's rule. You get injured you lose your job. Ask Morgan, Spencer, Alex, Jacobs and so on.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Davis will be playing RT here next year, barring some unforeseen catastrophe. You barely ever hear his name called, which means he's doing his job.

I haven't been able to record the last 5 games so I haven't been watching the games as in depth as i like. But just watching the game it seems like the 2 negatives that jump out are Goodwin's play and Iupati's penalties.

Just because he hasn't caught many balls is no reason to move VD to RT!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Davis will be playing RT here next year, barring some unforeseen catastrophe. You barely ever hear his name called, which means he's doing his job.

I haven't been able to record the last 5 games so I haven't been watching the games as in depth as i like. But just watching the game it seems like the 2 negatives that jump out are Goodwin's play and Iupati's penalties.

Just because he hasn't caught many balls is no reason to move VD to RT!

I see what you did there. Well played lol.
Jon Gruden said this was the best o-line hes seen in years. you guys are silly
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,345
Originally posted by Gelder:
Is this a serious thread? According to ProFootballFocus.com, Anthony Davis is the top RT in the league (as of a few weeks ago).

Not to mention he was younger then most players taken in this years draft. If you don't consider that site credible, check this article.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/11/inside-the-49ers/midterm-report-card-anthony-davis/

I should be slapped for clicking that link without reading it....Stupid Grant Cohn.....anyway the Cohn Tool has a valid point. 4 Weeks ago Anthony Davis was the 5th best RUN BLOCKING lineman on our roster but was 21st in the ENTIRE LEAGUE.

Now AD does rank as the 15th WORST pass protection lineman and that was BEFORE the Dolphins game. Which goes back to the idea of AD switching to guard to minimize his need to be better pass blocker.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM ]
oh boy
Lol
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
...If he gets a concussion.

Harbaugh's rule. You get injured you lose your job. Ask Morgan, Spencer, Alex, Jacobs and so on.

Morgan missed the remainder of the season in which he was injured, then ripped off another team in free agency.

Spencer and Jacobs were never even starters under Harbaugh to begin with.

I won't even bother explaining Alex here.

The rule you seem to be referring to is "if someone is better than you, they will start in front of you." What a dumb rule that only a whacky guy like Harbaugh would have.
People turn this into a QB thread, people going to regret.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
"Y'know, guys like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning don't get sacked much, because they get rid of the ball quickly and on-time. Something that neither of our QBs have ever done."

I wasn't saying that Alex Smith was that much better at getting rid of the ball quickly. Both of our QBs have sucked at it.

If the guy could read he would have seen that the first time you posted it.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Wah? We got an All-Pro in the 3rd round in Bowman and you want to leave him out of the conversation to call our draft that year a disaster?

Craziness. We also got Iupati in the first and Kyle Williams in the friggin' 6th, not mention a very solid special teams contributor in Dixon in the 6th, and Philip Adams - who iirc is starting for Oakland this year -- in the 6th.

You're free to like Anthony Davis or not, but save for the one big whiff on Mays, calling that draft a disaster is just crazy.

Whee! We took a guard and a right tackle in the top half of the first round, trading up for said right tackle. We took a safety who can't play safety in the 2nd, then bowman.

You're shifting the goal posts. You said that save for Bowman the draft was a disaster. That's just crazy.

Even if it were true -- and it ain't -- if we could get an All Pro in the 3rd round every year, I think we'd be pretty happy.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Dec 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM ]