LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Have we dominated a good to very good team like the Pats did these past two years?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by forty9ers:
the 49ers play down to their opponets level...

this
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
None of this matters. Even if it seems like we're dominating, Harbaugh & Roman won't allow us to run up the score on teams. We should have blew GB and Chicago and Detroit out of the water when we played those teams, I mean the team was real hot offensively. But Harbs & Ro for some reason like to pull the reins back when we're having that kind offensive output. Who knows why?!?!?!?!

hmm we were running up the score on Buffalo, Jets, even the Bucs last year. I think theyre all about the kill shot but only when its in very clear sight.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
yeh but its coming along to the playoffs now. if its not running at full explosiveness by this time, its not changing at least this year.

Wins are wins.

Someone on the Giants board said that it's important for their team to get these blowout type wins since they are not built to win "17-13 type ballgames". They had a 35-13 lead on the Saints and let it creep up to 35-28. I don't think our team would allow that to happen if we were in the same shoes (I know it happened to us last year against the Saints, but still).

I think Patriots are absolutely one of those teams as well. Green Bay too. That explains their urgency to play so aggressively and put points on the board. That's how these teams win.

When these teams FAIL to score many points, trouble rings in. These teams are better suited for games where both teams are in the high 20s, 30s, 40s.....we, Houston, and Chicago fare way better when the scores are kept below 20.

I think Denver could be the best team in the AFC now, but only if they can keep Brady scoring in check. Denver is kind of a blend of Patriots & Ravens/Texans.

oh no i completely agree on that point. i think were in the Houston Categoy though. Were not an explosive offense so we win by controlling the game. Houston and us are unique in the league that our overall teams are elite even if our QBs arent, which help us win games our own way. controlling the game and then taking the kill shot when its completely safe. If we tried to push the ball down the field early and lose the ball in the process wed be behind the eightball quick and we just cannot come back.

Hell if our defense falters we fail. period. Minn, StL, Giants have all taught us that.
This would Rank 2nd IMHO of all the Harbaugh Era wins to date... Sandwiched between 1. Saints div playoff game & 3. Monday Night coming out party Vs Steelers last Dec!!!!
2010 Week 14 against the Seahawks. The Seahawks won the division that year, and a playoff game against the world champion Saints.
Dominated Pittsburg last year
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
2010 Week 14 against the Seahawks. The Seahawks won the division that year, and a playoff game against the world champion Saints.

one of the rare times Alex had 300 yards passing...
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

one of the rare times Alex had 300 yards passing...

that was BH era.
Originally posted by kush:
Uh... The bears?

The only dominant win against a good team we have had in a LONG time. Since we now know we can do it, let's hope we repeat it against the Pats.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM ]
Ive been trying to go through the wins. A dominating win against a quality opponent....closest i could come was the Bears but i think they were fueled by their freakish turnover ratio earlier and theyre showing theyre just a decent team. Can anyone think of a team like that? And whats our defense gotta do to contain those three TE sets the Pats run?

we have won against teams that were in the playoffs last year and teams in the playoffs this year.

Is the OP because of the way the Pats beat up on the Texs?

In that Pats win it was all about mind set. The Pats went in there like any other game while the Tex went in there thinking SB and go totally embarrassed.

The same has happened to the 9ers: Against the Lions it was just another game for us, for the Lions it was revenge. For the Giants it was just another game for them for us it was going in there with the mind set that the Giants had something the 9ers should have.

We got to go in there like its just another game, just another team in the schedule on the way to the SB.

Our 9ers need to start setting their own standards on the field and not where their opposition are. If teams are not up to our 9ers standards they should stomp them out. If we come up against a team thats a challenge we need to find a way to beat them.

Originally posted by ace49ers:
Ive been trying to go through the wins. A dominating win against a quality opponent....closest i could come was the Bears but i think they were fueled by their freakish turnover ratio earlier and theyre showing theyre just a decent team. Can anyone think of a team like that? And whats our defense gotta do to contain those three TE sets the Pats run?

we have won against teams that were in the playoffs last year and teams in the playoffs this year.

Is the OP because of the way the Pats beat up on the Texs?

In that Pats win it was all about mind set. The Pats went in there like any other game while the Tex went in there thinking SB and go totally embarrassed.

The same has happened to the 9ers: Against the Lions it was just another game for us, for the Lions it was revenge. For the Giants it was just another game for them for us it was going in there with the mind set that the Giants had something the 9ers should have.

We got to go in there like its just another game, just another team in the schedule on the way to the SB.

Our 9ers need to start setting their own standards on the field and not where their opposition are. If teams are not up to our 9ers standards they should stomp them out. If we come up against a team thats a challenge we need to find a way to beat them.

I wasnt questioning wheter we can or cant. I actually believe well play well against the pats. I just dont remember any blowout dominance against the top teams in the nfl.
When was the last time we dominated on defense and lost? Rams game comes to mind. Any others?
The niners have never beaten a good team. As soon as they beat a team there are lots of guys coming out of the woodwork to explain why the "good team" was actually a bad team. Happened when Smith was QB and happens now with CK at the helm.

Chicago? Didn't have their QB and were totally incompetent offensively. Green Bay? Nope, SF was only 2 or 9 in third down conversions and GB is over rated!

Always reasons to criticize our team.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by kush:
Uh... The bears?

The only dominant win against a good team we have had in a LONG time. Since we now know we can do it, let's hope we repeat it against the Pats.

You mean we destroyed a good team without Thier starting qb? I am shocked!
So the answer to that would be noooooooooooooooooo. I hope we get back to that someday but Colin's got to get going first. Gotta crawl before you walk.
Share 49ersWebzone