-
darkknight49
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 10,878
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'll give Jacobs this, he was on the sideline involved in the game and giving his teammates support. After LaMike's first run he went over and congratulated him. I just think he has issues with letting his emotions get the best of him and airing them out for the world to see. Completely unprofessional and a huge distraction, but I don't see us releasing him.
Of course, he could of just told James "wait till they screw you too!"
-
sfout
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 6,443
One of the local beat writers said that about Smith earlier this week.
His best attribute and most appealing trait in upcoming trade / free agency period wont be his ability to manage games and be a play maker when needed but that he is the ultimate Good Soldier -- He has always been a team player and he will do exactly what is asked of him.
To Jacobs credit he was definitely more involved this game, I know Jacobs wants to play and I appreciate his competitive desire but the airing of the dirty laundry has got to stop.
-
captveg
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 29,757
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'll give Jacobs this, he was on the sideline involved in the game and giving his teammates support. After LaMike's first run he went over and congratulated him. I just think he has issues with letting his emotions get the best of him and airing them out for the world to see. Completely unprofessional and a huge distraction, but I don't see us releasing him.
I don't see SF releasing him just because you never know if Gore/James will go down. You need him as an insurance player.
-
LasVegasWally
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 24,886
Low character guy.
-
kingairta
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,788
Him and Lamar Odem would make great bed buddies.
-
wysiwyg
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 16,366
Lamike was whining on t**tter too
-
kingairta
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,788
Jacobs probably told him to.
-
LoneWolf
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 7,064
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Lamike was whining on t**tter too
a 7 year pro whining on twitter vs a rookie whining on twitter, while both are unacceptable, LMJ is still young and learning, Jacobs has been in the league since 05 and should understand the professionalism. LMJ also wasnt taking things to the extent Jacobs was when it comes to the comments.
-
SofaKing
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 27,442
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'll give Jacobs this, he was on the sideline involved in the game and giving his teammates support. After LaMike's first run he went over and congratulated him. I just think he has issues with letting his emotions get the best of him and airing them out for the world to see. Completely unprofessional and a huge distraction, but I don't see us releasing him.
Of course, he could of just told James "wait till they screw you too!"
He was probably just trying to appear supportive in front of the cameras. He knew he created a fire and tried to extinguish it. Too late. He won't suite up ever again for this team.
-
Chico
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,546
double edge sword here...if he complains, he's a whiner and everyone wants him to STFU! If he doesn't and is ok with being a backup, he's not championship material and doesn't want to win (AS)
Honestly, I think he's pissed and wants to play. Unleash the dude and give him some carries. These next few games could be in wet, rainy weather and running attack is important. We could have a 270-lb RB with something to prove. Do we want a scat back or a beast that's pissed???
-
kingairta
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,788
Problem being the beast could be so pissed he half asses it out of spite.
-
LoneWolf
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 7,064
We have a beast in Gore, its the versatile quick back that we need with Hunter injured.
-
dtg_9er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 33,204
Dixon, James and Gore...three sizes and styles to mix and match...don't need Jacobs
-
hofer36
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 8,257
i understood dixon beating out jacobs because of his special teams play but im not seeing celek having a roster spot on sundays ahead of a player of jacobs accomplishments--jacobs could have helped as a shot yardage back, while roman has been ok using guys like dobbs as a te in a role that celek might fill--i dont see jacobs as a bad guy cause he wants to play
[ Edited by hofer36 on Dec 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM ]