Marvin I look forward to your post because you have a good head on your shoulders. It's hard to even go into some of the other threads right now with all the Alex/Kaep talk.
1. I agree with Kaep and his deep ball. I expect big things to happen. With Alex the timing was always off and unless it was deep to VD I just assumed it wouldn't be caught.
2. I hope Aldon gets the record. I was disappointed last year when he missed the rookie record. The only thing I fear with this kid is keeping him out of trouble. I think he is a good guy but maybe runs with some bad guys.
3. Last years draft class is amazing. Culliver seems to make a big play every week, like the one he did in the endzone yesterday.
4. Crabtree is awesome and I am very excited for him. People will laugh but I like him for team MVP. I know we are loaded with Superstars and Crabs doesn't have probowl stats but the guy is having a great year. Since Kaep took over, we are finally feeding the #1 wr the ball and good things are happening. We don't have to hear about how the wr's aren't getting seperation. Crabtree does everything they ask him to do and his blocking is fantastic. I haven't seen the slow-mo yet but he is the one that is sealing the block, one on one when Kaep runs for his TD at the end.
5. My take on the penalties and mishaps: I watch Notre Dame alot in college because that's my team. Golodson is a freshmen QB and it comes with some ups and downs. At the beginning of the year, Goldson would look to the sideline constantly for a playcall, waisting time outs, delay of game etc... I think it's just a matter of everyone getting used to Kaep being back there and hearing his voice and Kaep being comfortable with changing the play but knowing when to do so with the amount of time he has. Goldson for ND is a completely beter QB now. I agree that Kaep facing these defenses now is getting him good looks of what the playoffs are. I'm excited. People bash Harbs for what he did to Alex but he made a really tough call because he felt like it was best for the team. He will take his beating for it now, but I think in the long run and even for this year, it will payoff.