There are 258 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
1 huge positive for our offense: Their pass rush is non existent without rushing more than 4, and then it's still nothing we can't overcome with our offensive creativity keeping good balance. If they rush 5 or 6, the middle of the field will be open for our intermediate passing game.

1 huge positive for our defense: There is not much of an outside threat on the outside who will command double coverage. Most of our coverage will have to focus on their passing game inside from Welker and Hernandez, which bodes well because we have the best 'middle field coverage' players in the NFL. (Goldson, Willis, Bowman) So with that, we can hopefully stay true with our dline and not underestimate their running game. It will be Willis' and Bowman's most busiest week, but if they get good film study. And can get good presnap recognition, it will be their most PRODUCTIVE week too.

Big question I have though: How will we fare in the cold cold weather? We do not have much experience in these types of games. It does kind of worry me because it is a huge factor.

One other concern is Pats use screens. Especially on third down.
We're about to get stomped out by the Pats.... Offense needs to either become great over the next week or we get destroyed by Brady.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
We're going to get raped. We've been struggling to beat pathetic teams and they are really good and at home in cold weather. I don't see us going more than 1 and done in the playoffs.

Alexanderp?
Win the turnover battle (+2)

Dominate the time of possesion.... not just win it but dominate it, keep Brady off the field. Would love to have 35+ minutes of TOS.
Kaepernick better light it up, b/c he has been dead average the last 2 weeks
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
1 huge positive for our offense: Their pass rush is non existent without rushing more than 4, and then it's still nothing we can't overcome with our offensive creativity keeping good balance. If they rush 5 or 6, the middle of the field will be open for our intermediate passing game.

1 huge positive for our defense: There is not much of an outside threat on the outside who will command double coverage. Most of our coverage will have to focus on their passing game inside from Welker and Hernandez, which bodes well because we have the best 'middle field coverage' players in the NFL. (Goldson, Willis, Bowman) So with that, we can hopefully stay true with our dline and not underestimate their running game. It will be Willis' and Bowman's most busiest week, but if they get good film study. And can get good presnap recognition, it will be their most PRODUCTIVE week too.

Big question I have though: How will we fare in the cold cold weather? We do not have much experience in these types of games. It does kind of worry me because it is a huge factor.

One other concern is Pats use screens. Especially on third down.

Right. And our discipline needs to come from our outside backers because their keying on getting to the ilbs. We have to see the screens coming right away and get to Brady early in the game to rattle him. And then pull back later when they try those screens to slow us down.
We clearly have trouble with smurf recievers so I do fear Welker and what he could do, but I also really like how our team seems to really get up for the big games ( giants game excluded), and are clearly not all that affected by traveling east. I think we win this in a close one one if Aldon is able to get Brady dirty early and often and somebody finds a way to bang up Welker comming off the line. They have a very average D, average run game, and Hernandez hasnt been 100% all year, plus no Gronk. This game is all about making no mistakes, and getting Brady uncomfortable. 28-24 Niners. Also for the people worried about the cold, Not sure what next week will bring, but its actually been pretty mild here in the north east for the last two weeks or so.
Is the Gronk still out?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I believe that has to do with play calling in all honesty
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Is the Gronk still out?

Yeap.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

And lack of vertical recievers.
Our boys are going to come to play against the Patriots. You all can say what you want, but I can sense that Colin is starting to get it. It may not be showing up on the stat sheet, but this guy is only going to get better. Just watch. It amazes me how little faith a lot of you have in our team. We are an elite team and can beat anyone in the league. None of you know how this game is going to go. Just root for our boys and watch them go out there and ball. As a collective unit, we are far better then the Patriots. Go Niners!!!
Nice that we get to play the Patriots after they play Houston. If all goes as it should, then they will be emotionally drained.

Wonder if Harbaugh will have the team practice in colder weather to prepare for Foxborough weather? Forecast says 45 degrees and rainy. Not that bad of weather.
The game I've been waiting for all season, the Superbowl preview!
Originally posted by socalfan21:

This
Share 49ersWebzone