LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Patriots -3. Barring any significant injury to a player tonight, I would think that line wouldn't move.
1 huge positive for our offense: Their pass rush is non existent without rushing more than 4, and then it's still nothing we can't overcome with our offensive creativity keeping good balance. If they rush 5 or 6, the middle of the field will be open for our intermediate passing game.

1 huge positive for our defense: There is not much of an outside threat on the outside who will command double coverage. Most of our coverage will have to focus on their passing game inside from Welker and Hernandez, which bodes well because we have the best 'middle field coverage' players in the NFL. (Goldson, Willis, Bowman) So with that, we can hopefully stay true with our dline and not underestimate their running game. It will be Willis' and Bowman's most busiest week, but if they get good film study. And can get good presnap recognition, it will be their most PRODUCTIVE week too.

Big question I have though: How will we fare in the cold cold weather? We do not have much experience in these types of games. It does kind of worry me because it is a huge factor.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:56 AM ]
Lets go Kap! I hope the 49ers open it up like the Chicago game. This W would be huge. We essentially clinch the division. We aren't losing to AZ at home week 17
We're going to get raped. We've been struggling to beat pathetic teams and they are really good and at home in cold weather. I don't see us going more than 1 and done in the playoffs.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
We're going to get raped. We've been struggling to beat pathetic teams and they are really good and at home in cold weather. I don't see us going more than 1 and done in the playoffs.

I like the confidence!
We will have a good idea of the Pats strengths and weaknesses after the Houston game. The Pats are 1-2 against the NFC, the 49ers are 3-0 against the AFC. I would imagine that the Houston game is higher in priority than the Niners. The Cards Fed-Exed their game with overnight delivery against the Seabirds.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I like the confidence!

LOL.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
1 huge positive for our offense: Their pass rush is non existent without rushing more than 4, and then it's still nothing we can't overcome with our offensive creativity keeping good balance. If they rush 5 or 6, the middle of the field will be open for our intermediate passing game.

1 huge positive for our defense: There is not much of an outside threat on the outside who will command double coverage. Most of our coverage will have to focus on their passing game inside from Welker and Hernandez, which bodes well because we have the best 'middle field coverage' players in the NFL. (Goldson, Willis, Bowman) So with that, we can hopefully stay true with our dline and not underestimate their running game. It will be Willis' and Bowman's most busiest week, but if they get good film study. And can get good presnap recognition, it will be their most PRODUCTIVE week too.

Big question I have though: How will we fare in the cold cold weather? We do not have much experience in these types of games. It does kind of worry me because it is a huge factor.

I think the big key is getting the running game going again. But with the playcalling since Kaep started, they've been looking for the pass more it seems. We need to keep the Patriots offense off the field and rest for our D. The more our defense stays on the field, the less they become effective. The last thing you want is the Patriots to control TOP. They are going to move the ball, but can we limit their TD's? If the defense can limit their TD's and the offense controls TOP, we win this game.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
We will have a good idea of the Pats strengths and weaknesses after the Houston game. The Pats are 1-2 against the NFC, the 49ers are 3-0 against the AFC. I would imagine that the Houston game is higher in priority than the Niners. The Cards Fed-Exed their game with overnight delivery against the Seabirds.

That was a practice for the Seahawks. They know that the game against us in 2 weeks is probably for the division.
[ Edited by Baldie on Dec 10, 2012 at 5:27 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

I'm not liking this game very much for SF.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I'm not liking this game very much for SF.

It'll still be fun to see what happens, though.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

I think the big key is getting the running game going again. But with the playcalling since Kaep started, they've been looking for the pass more it seems. We need to keep the Patriots offense off the field and rest for our D. The more our defense stays on the field, the less they become effective. The last thing you want is the Patriots to control TOP. They are going to move the ball, but can we limit their TD's? If the defense can limit their TD's and the offense controls TOP, we win this game.

I'm not so sure they will be able to sustain their own drives. Their goto guy was Edelman and Gronk. We can double welker and should be fine. Hernandez is not creating mismatches and Woodshed is nonfactor. We need two guys blowing off the line to get to Brady and to contain their underrated running backs. They will they to run to keep our O off the field. I'm worried about the cold too.
Hopefully the Pats beat the snot out of the Texans tonight so they'll be on a big emotional high and and not feel the desperation of potentially losing 2 in a row at home. I love the way we play as underdogs

PS - if Sam Bradford to Danny Amendola was any indicator, I'm not excited about seeing what Tom Brady and Wes Welker can do
Run ......run....then run some moree...keep brady on the side lines then play d like we know how...we got this..we may even need to activate jacobs 4 his game...I know the drama going on right now but we could sure use him to soften up their d~line..imo
Share 49ersWebzone