LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Dashon needs to say hello to Mr.Welker very early in the game.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
The schedule came out months ago, why is everyone so surprised or scared? Did you all think the Pats and Seahawks would suck???

Its the fact that they blew out Houston, when it was suppose to be a close game. Watt, who is in conversation to be DROTY, didn't get a sack, tackle, or batted ball...all things he excels at. The NE OL is playing playoff football right now. The Pats just have that extra energy and fire right now and it showed last night. If we were playing at home, most of us wouldn't be as worried. Yes we beat the Saints in their house but we played them not to long ago so we knew what we were up against. When was the last time we played Brady? I agree with all of you that we have the best LB corps in the league but they will not be able to stick with Welker and Hernandez man to man all day. We are going to have to play alot of zone coverage and not miss any tackles. They are going to get their yardage we just have to limit the YAC. Whitner and/or Goldson can't get sucked in with the play-action fakes either. On that note, we do have an advantage because our front 7 can stop the run by themselves if need be.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
i think we need to be physical with their WR's at the line to disrupt the timing

We can't let brady have all day in the pocket. Play physical at the line, blitz and don't worry about being deep down the field. I think teams get too concerned about the big play against the patriots. We need to take it to the New England Patriots and make THEM play left handed.

I have a feeling they are going to make Kap beat us.

The real key to the game?
KAP NEEDS TO STOP FUMBLING THE DAMN FOOTBALL

This! He's done it a couple times and we were just lucky to get it back.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Pats are due for a loss after winning seven straight

Not with Brady at the helm, he goes for the kill any chance he can get on offense.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Its the fact that they blew out Houston, when it was suppose to be a close game. Watt, who is in conversation to be DROTY, didn't get a sack, tackle, or batted ball...all things he excels at. The NE OL is playing playoff football right now. The Pats just have that extra energy and fire right now and it showed last night. If we were playing at home, most of us wouldn't be as worried. Yes we beat the Saints in their house but we played them not to long ago so we knew what we were up against. When was the last time we played Brady? I agree with all of you that we have the best LB corps in the league but they will not be able to stick with Welker and Hernandez man to man all day. We are going to have to play alot of zone coverage and not miss any tackles. They are going to get their yardage we just have to limit the YAC. Whitner and/or Goldson can't get sucked in with the play-action fakes either. On that note, we do have an advantage because our front 7 can stop the run by themselves if need be.

Good real test for CK to see if he can carry the team on offense as the starting QB for the 49ers going into the play-offs.
First off to the patriots fans your team did a good job exposing those frauds last night, I was getting sick of everyone overrating those bums. Second, don't get too ahead of yourselves we are not Houston we are the real deal so this game will not be easy. This game could very well be a preview of the superbowl this year and should've been the superbowl last year. Anyway..... GO NINERS!!!! Let's show them how we play in the NFC!!!
i think we'll see a similar game plan to what we had against green bay......perrish cox and tramaine brock will get some play time. i just hope they still keep aldon on the field if they go that route just so the threat of his pass rush is there.

we are going to have to stop the run while playing nickle/dime defense. that is how we can win this.

willis can cover hernandez, he covered graham, he alwasy cover's TE's
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
The schedule came out months ago, why is everyone so surprised or scared? Did you all think the Pats and Seahawks would suck???

My head tells me there's no chance we win this game. The 9ers defense may be able to limit the damage and slow down the Pats, but they are going to get their points. The questions remains whether we are going to get ours. The gameplan may have to change a bit from previous weaks and return to running the ball a lot more.

This might be a game where we see more DB's and less LB's on the field as well as the 9ers look to counter the speed, quickness, and timing of the Pats offense. Houston went man-to-man and challenged Brady and it backfired on them. I would expect the 9ers will take a slightly more conservative approach in coverage and rely on individuals to beat their man as they did against the Saints and Packers. I still don't like this game at all for San Francisco...specially with it being in Foxboro.

I wouldn't expect a ton of pressure because the Pats o-line pass protects well and Tom Brady gets the ball out lightning quick.

The situation is the same for the 49ers as it was for the Texans. If you want a Super Bowl you have to hang with the big boys.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 11, 2012 at 6:54 AM ]
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i think we'll see a similar game plan to what we had against green bay......perrish cox and tramaine brock will get some play time. i just hope they still keep aldon on the field if they go that route just so the threat of his pass rush is there.

we are going to have to stop the run while playing nickle/dime defense. that is how we can win this.

willis can cover hernandez, he covered graham, he alwasy cover's TE's

I would add that we are also going to need a big play from CK and/or special teams.
There is a good chance it will be raining for this game. I just hope we can get the run game going and keep Brady off the field

I hope Fangio finds a way to keep Bowman and Willis on the field together the majority of the game ....because I see Brady lining up with 4 or 5 WR's in the shotgun more than 15 times on sunday ...maybe we get some work in the prevent defense with Aldon, Cowboy and Ray Mac on the D-Line , with Bowman and Willis patrolling the middle of the field ...which means Cully and Cox better be ready to run ...

But I dont see the Patriots challenging our run defense , Brady will put it up 50+ times on sunday ...we better be ready

but we have a chance to keep their offense off the field , if our run game clicks early ......Niners 27 - Patriots 21
I don't get some of you guys.....

Kyle Williams screwed up our chances of "WINNING" a super bowl.....like it was guaranteed we'd beat the Patriots in that game.

Now the sky is falling and we have no shot.

Granted these Pats are better than last year's team, but I wager our 49ers are better too -- our defense is playing better and doesn't appear to be as lights out because of lack of turnovers. We lived and died off the TO last year. Maybe we'll get some TOs when it really counts.

Our offense is better....Smithsonian or Kaepernickus.

I like our chances, and appreciate that this game is in NE instead of SF. Last year, we barely got battle tested prior to playoffs like the way we have this year.
Are we guaranteed a playoff spot by winning this game?
  • titan
  • Veteran
This is my Superbowl picks for this season with Niners winning. Go Niners!!!!!! Smith needs to go ahead and get the sack record in this game.
Share 49ersWebzone