There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

I really hope they have been holding back on our deep stuff, knowing we have a shoot out coming up against the Patriots. We are going to need some explosive plays this week, so I really hope we have some in the bag.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
The Patriots are over rated!

how are they doing against the best defense in the nfl?

overrated? Really? They've blown out almost every team. Their losses were by 2 points or less. Suprisingly 2 losses were against the Hawks and Cards.
Yep and 2 of those 3 losses were on the road. That Cards loss is still odd.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
The Patriots are over rated!

how are they doing against the best defense in the nfl?
While good the Texans are not the best Defense in the league.
Well, well, well. Are you guys niner fans or what? The Patriots will have to stop our offense and I am sure they cannot and we have to stop their offense and I am sure that we can. We will go on the road 2 weeks in a row and totally humiliate the Patriots and then the Seahawks on national TV and Aldon Smith will have a field day in both contests. We will run and stop the Patriots run and we will harass Brady all night and force him to err while Kaep will beat the Patriots down with his feet and his arm and hits big plays down field while he is on the move and the world will be wowed!! This is our year guys!!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well, well, well. Are you guys niner fans or what? The Patriots will have to stop our offense and I am sure they cannot and we have to stop their offense and I am sure that we can. We will go on the road 2 weeks in a row and totally humiliate the Patriots and then the Seahawks on national TV and Aldon Smith will have a field day in both contests. We will run and stop the Patriots run and we will harass Brady all night and force him to err while Kaep will beat the Patriots down with his feet and his arm and hits big plays down field while he is on the move and the world will be wowed!! This is our year guys!!

I completely agree
I believe our recipe for success is to have long sustained drives with a heavy dose of gore and LMJ with short to intermediate passes mixed in. Our team isn't built to get in a shoot out. We have to control the clock and keep Brady off the field. Basically what we did against Green Bay. If we follow that blue print and not turn the ball over we win the game period.
Who will cover Hernandez and Welker come Sunday? Those two are the ones that worry me....Lloyd not so much, after Goldson lays the wood.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Who will cover Hernandez and Welker come Sunday? Those two are the ones that worry me....Lloyd not so much, after Goldson lays the wood.

Easy. Willis can cover them both. At the same time.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Who will cover Hernandez and Welker come Sunday? Those two are the ones that worry me....Lloyd not so much, after Goldson lays the wood.

Easy. Willis can cover them both. At the same time.

lol
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Who will cover Hernandez and Welker come Sunday? Those two are the ones that worry me....Lloyd not so much, after Goldson lays the wood.

Rogers is gonna get burned
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,357
Dennard drafted with a 7th round pick has got to be the steal of the draft!!!!!!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well, well, well. Are you guys niner fans or what? The Patriots will have to stop our offense and I am sure they cannot and we have to stop their offense and I am sure that we can. We will go on the road 2 weeks in a row and totally humiliate the Patriots and then the Seahawks on national TV and Aldon Smith will have a field day in both contests. We will run and stop the Patriots run and we will harass Brady all night and force him to err while Kaep will beat the Patriots down with his feet and his arm and hits big plays down field while he is on the move and the world will be wowed!! This is our year guys!!

Pats are one of the worst passing defenses in the league. I think 28th. but that might be off a little because they have been up big so many times. They do not give up many sacks though. We must run the ball and stick with it which we have not done lately.
We have the best defense in this league and that includes our elite run and pass coverage units. No one lines up against us and dictates the game to us, we do to them when we are on and this is a Sunday night contest so I am sure even on the road that we will be a force. I don't see why everyone is concerned about our defense when you should be concerned with how the Patriots will get us off the field. Especially with that freak at QB, this offense is too dynamic to stop unless we make drive killing plays on our own. My biggest concern is the loss of Kendall Hunter and whether or not LMJ can partially fill his shoes at this stage of his career
Kaep will have to play like he did against the bears for the 49ers to win. Hopefully Moss is motivated and they leave him in single coverage for kaep to exploit. Toughest test of the season for SF.
Blowout!