There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

to be fair, moss has suited up and played in every game this season. Jacobs didn't even suit up until a couple weeks ago. I can understand his frustration, but he went about voicing it the wrong way.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why suspend him and not cut him? What is the logic in this?

The logic is, if the Niners cut Jacobs, he could sign with a team the Niners might meet in the playoffs, especially someone in need of running back help (Hello, Giants. Hello, Packers) and why do anything that hurts our team and helps someone else?

Jacobs is just Ron Dayne Reborn. A big power back that goes down on the first hit. He's a backup at best and on a team with our depth a backup's backup.

I would bet he wins his grievance and the 49ers have to pay him, but they won't release him until after the playoffs. Then, we'll see who wants to be bothered with his punk a**
Wow, to think I was partially looking forward to having him on board when we signed him. What a disappointing turn of events this has become. He deserves the suspension for his crying & whining no doubt. Later Jacobs.....at least his fellow former Giants teammate Mario Manningham has class & sticks to his role on the team regardless of how active he is every week in the game plan.

Also, shout out to Randy Moss for doing the same as Manningham. Great additions.
[ Edited by Candlestick_Monsta on Dec 11, 2012 at 6:15 AM ]
You know I was very patient with the whole Jacobs thing.....I like giving guys a second chance, and everything.

But the whining has finally got to me, and when it bothers ME, it's unacceptable!

My biggest wish now is that Jacobs indeed tipped the Giants off, and it gets proven. That game is over anyways, and it would be a huge punishment for him and asterisk their win against us.

Wishful thinking, but good to be an optimist.
Sad example of the career arc. Player earns respect, player becomes professional and plays for years, players performance declines but player still thinks he's as good as he was.
It seems he wants respect for his accomplishments with the Giants??? ...but this is THE NINERS

f**k that , seems to me he wants everything handed to him ....he has been healthy for awhile now , something tells me if he had worked his ass off in practice, he would get more snaps on gameday .....but now I know why a buddy of mine (a lifelong giants fan) said Jacobs was "Lazy" and was glad the Giants got rid of him
Funny how he posts all those pics of his time with the Giants and talks like he misses playing there. In an interview with Jim Rome earlier this year, he admitted that he left NY because of the money.

If he was really so in love with the place, he should have just taken the pay cut to stay there, rather than whining about playing time.
Originally posted by mickey49:
Funny how he posts all those pics of his time with the Giants and talks like he misses playing there. In an interview with Jim Rome earlier this year, he admitted that he left NY because of the money.

If he was really so in love with the place, he should have just taken the pay cut to stay there, rather than whining about playing time.

I dont think Coughlin would have took him back , even at a reduced salary, his attitude killed any chance of getting on the field ...I bet he has been whining for a long time , and we all know whining wont fly with Harbaugh.........but now that he filed a grievance, he might force his release ...and it IS possible a playoff team could sign him , just to get information about our playbook ..he is a shady cry baby, and wouldnt put it past him to play dirty like that ..

I say pay him for the rest of the season , and let him rot on the inactive list
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I dont think Coughlin would have took him back , even at a reduced salary, his attitude killed any chance of getting on the field ...I bet he has been whining for a long time , and we all know whining wont fly with Harbaugh.........but now that he filed a grievance, he might force his release ...and it IS possible a playoff team could sign him , just to get information about our playbook ..he is a shady cry baby, and wouldnt put it past him to play dirty like that ..

I thought "suspend w/pay" was one of the options listed in the article about the grievance. I choose that one.
Pay the man.

Not worth going to the extreme over this, and potentially backfiring.

$167k is chump change. Let it go.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Pay the man.

Why? You ever heard of the term insubordination? He isn't owed s**t and needs to be held accountable for his actions. These idiots needs to stay off of Twitter.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
They probably suspended him without pay so that way if the appeals board rules a compromise needs to be met that we will simply pay him to stay away from the team lol.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Yah, I can't see any coach putting up with a cry baby. It's a shame, 'cause I think he can still contribute to a team. He just can't seem to keep his mouth (or thumbs) shut...
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Pay the man.

The car has already stalled. There is no more backfiring. The Niners need to make this statement regardless of the financial amount.
They owe him nothing.
to be honest , I dont want to release him ....let him rot on the inactive list ... because I can see the damn Packers picking him up ..and I would hate to see a whiny little cry baby getting scooped up by a playoff team as a reward for his b***hing and complaining

but then again , seeing Cowboy, Willis and the rest of the fellas grinding him up would be a good thing